Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-09-2007, 03:27 PM   #31
mid80sjordan
High School JV MVP

mid80sjordan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Steve Nash says reverse racism exists in the NBA. what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
Just wanna say on nash, that people keep using his team mates against him but its not like other MVPs didn't have stellas team mates. Besides we've seen over and over that the minute nash goes down the entire team flounders. Its not like they are lacking competent ball handlers.
Nash brings more to the table than being a guy who can penetrate and pass. He's got court vision and leadership that helps the suns team tick. Now I don't think he's winning a ring with that team but since MVP is a reg season award anyway that shouldn't matter.

edit:as far as reverse racism goes...whatever dude you got 2 MVPs and people are jealous, just let it go.
i used to be on stella's team too
mid80sjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:29 PM   #32
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Steve Nash says reverse racism exists in the NBA. what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
naw thats because of piss poor laker defense :p

They played the Lakers every single game of the year?
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:29 PM   #33
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mid80sjordan
i used to be on stella's team too

Remember when she got her groove back?
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:30 PM   #34
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Nash is probably mad when the team showers and Amare Stoudemire points out his STAT.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:33 PM   #35
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Nash is probably mad when the team showers and Amare Stoudemire points out his STAT.
Is that right before the "reverse racism" happens in the showers?
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:35 PM   #36
johndough
Great young streetballer

johndough has decent reputation

I'd love to see a link or a complete article.

If we're being completely candid.......when a good or even half good white player comes along he's hailed as the second coming.
johndough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:36 PM   #37
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:36 PM   #38
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Is that right before the "reverse racism" happens in the showers?
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:37 PM   #39
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

It's how Nash got so good at running away from and around big black dudes.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:51 PM   #40
SomeBunghole
Banned

SomeBunghole has an OK reputation so far

Ignoring the fact that this thread has descended into a 156356th thread about whether Nash deserved to be an MVP, I'll touch on the racism thing.

Between 1987 and 2004, every MVP winner was black. For the purposes of this thread, lets count Olajuwon and Duncan as black, even though they were born outside the US so the term carries different conotations.

This 17-year period saw the number of black players reach a maximum in the mid-90s, before the massive influx of international players, so perhaps it's expected that only black players would've won the MVP. The MVP vote however, does not simply yield one winner. There are all kinds of players getting votes, so lets take a look at that. Beginning with 1990 and ending in 2004, I'm going to list all the white players who finished top 5 in MVP voting. If no white player finished in top 5, the highest ranking one will be listed.

none

8. Tom Chambers

none

9. Larry Bird

none

6. Chris Mullin

none

8. Mark Price

none

9. Mark Price

none

8. John Stockton

none

11. John Stockton

none

15. John Stockton

none

13. John Stockton

none

13. Arvydas Sabonis

none

none

15. John Stockton

none

8. Dirk Nowitzki

none

7. Dirk Nowitzki

4. Peja Stojakovic

17 years and Peja Stojakovic's 4th place finish is the highest one? For half a decade, John Stockton the only white player getting votes? No white player getting even a 5th place vote one year? And people still wanna argue that the media is bending over backwards to find a white MVP?
SomeBunghole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:55 PM   #41
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeLookLike2Pac
You are probably always going to get a little racism towards guys who plays at an elite level in a sport that is dominated by another race. Tiger had to go through it too, to a larger extent and even that was nothing compared to black baseball players trying to break into the "white" leagues. Doesn't make it right though. No matter what anybody says, Dirk and Nash do get ripped on a lot IMO, with their race being the primary motivator in some cases. Hell I think even some white people are "racist" towards them.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:58 PM   #42
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
They played the Lakers every single game of the year?

Oh shoot I didn't realize that was the whole damn season
And yes everyone did want to be on stella's team once she got her groove back.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:04 PM   #43
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Pete Maravich

One of the top 3 pg's in NBA history as far as natural skill, but don't be stupid. He was the Kobe of pg's. Every player he played with would swap him for Nash.

As far as reverse racism. Whether you agree with the term, it's basically Nash saying by people trying to argue that a black player was more deserving, they're in effect being racist against him. I don't think Nash is saying they don't like me so it's reverse racism. It's the writer saying a black player was screwed that Nash has problems with.

As far as do some of the writers favour black players regardless of talent or accomplishments, yes. Would Scoop Jackson care if a black Steve Nash got more votes than Kobe, Lebron, etc? Not a chance.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:06 PM   #44
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

I have yet to see the link to this quote
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:07 PM   #45
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm too lazy to find the quote, but it was on ESPN yesterday. I read it before this thread was made. It was an excerpt from a Playboy interview.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: