Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-09-2007, 07:18 PM   #1
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Mardy Collins is playing well.

me personally i love the way collins is playing. he's a rookie but he doesnt play like one. thats the only positive thing that come out of the injures. these last few weeks he has been really ballin. he has mad a few mistakes but he's a rookie u can expect that.the season is almost over but i expect him to be a key part to the knicks next year.they just need to get rid of a few people to make more room.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:42 PM   #2
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Default Re: Mardy Collins is playing well.

I knew he was gonna play like this. Smart player with a high bball IQ.

This is proof that nate and crawford gotta go...they are takin time from mardy and he will win more games then either of them...he should back up da gaurds and marbury will pass the torch to him when hes done.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:56 AM   #3
jjswifty

Nate is playing good as well.
Tonite:
24 pts 45fg% 4 threes 5 reb 2 TO

Last game
34 pts 55fg% 5 threes 4 reb 7 ast.....and only 1 TO

Statistically Nate is doing better than Mardy, but both have picked it up since the Marbury injury.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:55 AM   #4
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

He's proving the critics wrong, he still needs to work on his jumpshot. No one gave him a chance not even Zeke and now after he had that 20/13/5 game everyone is all over this kid.

He might end up with a better career then Williams if giving the minutes williams gets.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:07 PM   #5
TheOakman
I hit open layups

I agree, I too have liked the way Mardy Collins has been playing. But Thomas needs to make a decision for next year. You cant have Robinson and Collins both splitting the backup role time, it hinders the development of both. Personally I think you have to go with Mardy Collins and give him a shot as the backup, his upside is greater than Nate Robinson's.

I don't know if Mardy Collins has the stuff just yet to be a starting NBA point guard, but I do think he has shown enough to be the backup pg. Just ask the NJ Nets how important it is to have a good backup point guard!!
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:48 PM   #6
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Well, all I can say is that Isiah's drafting has struck again! Mardy Collins has proven in the last few games that he is just as good as Marcus Williams, and the fact that he is taller is a plus. I don't think the kid should be a starting point guard yet, but he should become one once Marbury's contract expires(in 3 years)

Until then, he should be the "official" backup point guard. I have a feeling Nate Robinson will be traded this off season, so I don't think there are any other competitors for the role. Collins is tall, allowing him to lob alley oops to Curry, which is somewhat of a reason as to why Curry has stepped it up lately. In 3 years, we can have a starting lineup of(barring any major trades of course):
PG-Mardy Collins
SG-Jamal Crawford
SF-Renaldo Balkman
PF-David Lee
C-Eddy Curry
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:35 PM   #7
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

As good as Marcus Williams? Explain.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:14 PM   #8
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Che
I knew he was gonna play like this. Smart player with a high bball IQ.

This is proof that nate and crawford gotta go...they are takin time from mardy and he will win more games then either of them...he should back up da gaurds and marbury will pass the torch to him when hes done.

i argee that they should get rid of nate anf francis but not crawford. if curry is truely the franchise player you have to keep crawford because they have a special relationship that nobody else on the team have. and i still think crawford can be an all-star player if he plays smarter.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:59 PM   #9
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
Well, all I can say is that Isiah's drafting has struck again! Mardy Collins has proven in the last few games that he is just as good as Marcus Williams, and the fact that he is taller is a plus. I don't think the kid should be a starting point guard yet, but he should become one once Marbury's contract expires(in 3 years)

Until then, he should be the "official" backup point guard. I have a feeling Nate Robinson will be traded this off season, so I don't think there are any other competitors for the role. Collins is tall, allowing him to lob alley oops to Curry, which is somewhat of a reason as to why Curry has stepped it up lately. In 3 years, we can have a starting lineup of(barring any major trades of course):
PG-Mardy Collins
SG-Jamal Crawford
SF-Renaldo Balkman
PF-David Lee
C-Eddy Curry

if thats the starting lineup, those players better improve their offensive games. 3 offensive liabilities and a streaky shooter
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:16 PM   #10
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
if thats the starting lineup, those players better improve their offensive games. 3 offensive liabilities and a streaky shooter

I don't know about offensive liabilities...

Mardy Collins had 21 points tonight on 7 of 14 shooting. He also had 9 rbs and 5 assists...I'd say he's developing into a pretty good player if we give him the time to turn into one...He's a good rebounder and seems like a decent scorer. If he can work on his passing game, I think we may have found our point guard of the future...
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:47 AM   #11
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
i argee that they should get rid of nate anf francis but not crawford. if curry is truely the franchise player you have to keep crawford because they have a special relationship that nobody else on the team have. and i still think crawford can be an all-star player if he plays smarter.

I know there friends and thats great..but im sure crawford isnt gonna be an all star...its been years and he just can't play D and good shot selection. So id rather strike while the irons hot and get what u can.

Eddy is TRYING to be a franchise player hes not. AT ALL i jus hope he will be with his upside.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:30 AM   #12
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Francis must go.

Either Nate or Crawford too but you should not get rid of both. It's more a matter of which one will accept the fact that they are not starters. They are both off the bench scorers. Nate is too short and Crawford is too small, he's a very small 6'5". He has a slight build and that's one reason he can't play D, he also can't handle the ball well and has lapses in his focus. That's not a winning player. I think I would rather keep Nate.

Collins is my kind of player and I have been saying that he was going to be a really good player. Someone asked me how I knew and I said because I actually watched him. he's also a bigger guy with sneaky cat like quickness and a high BBall IQ. He also can play the 1-2-3 and I think he's about 6'6". He has a nice shot with very good rotation.

Q Rich to me is a 2, but he is a liability and must realize his basketball future is as a backup. I love his game, I like his attitude and work ethic. But reality dictates he cannot play too many minutes. Even though the surgery went well once you have a back condition that's it. I know, I am disabled due to a back injury.

So the problem is that we have too mnay similar players.

I see Marbury getting older and starting to have injury issues. It always happens with older players or players with a lot of mileage on them.

So we have 4 guards with injury issues on this squad.......no good.

Marbury, Francis, Crawford and Q all have injury issues. I say get rid of Francis and Crawford.

Start Marbury and Collins, leave Nate to come in for instant offense and Q for the SG than rotate Collins to the PG. Right now Isiah can't get a rotation down because of the injuries.

My PC is so SLOW!!!!!!! Now it's making funny noises.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:02 PM   #13
BentleyTC
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Yeah, Mardy Collins has been playing well. In order for him to be our point guard in the future he just needs to develop a consistent jump shot. If he can do that I feel as though he will work for us as a starter.

I do give props to Nate he has really upped him game since getting more playing time.
BentleyTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:12 PM   #14
wally_world
M0derator

cut down on the Turnovers... he has them almost equal to his AST! lol
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:42 PM   #15
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Without a doubt he has a lot to learn but for a rookie I think he's did great.

He is our future.

He has skills and smarts.

Does anybody remember a guy named Harper we got from the Mavs years ago? We got him at the end of his carreer. Collins reminds me of him a bit.

I would google him but I can't do too much, my PC will freeze up.

I look at Zeke's drafts and I must say he is a great evaluator of talent and how it transfers over to the NBA game.

It makes me think Morris might have been a real coup.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: