Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 04-09-2007, 09:33 PM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Offseason Fix

Seeing that it will be 8 years in a row since the Hawks made the playoffs here's some things I want to see get done that I believe will improve the team.

1. Get a real decent starting point guard and stop signing damn backups to be starters cause it ain't working and now we have 4 point guards on the roster and 2 of them I think should has to go. I think the Hawks should keep Tyrone Lue cause he can score and defend and he brings leadership and Royal Ivey cause he's a good defender, that means Speedy Claxton and Anthony Johnson should go so that way the Hawks could try and sign Mo Williams or trade to get Luke Ridinor or some good starting point guard.

2. Get Steve Belkin to take over the team and get rid of those stupid 8 owners, they don't care about the team they just using the Hawks as a Tax write off.

3. Fire Billy Knight cause he had 3 chances to get a point guard in 2004 Jarret Jack, 2005 Chris Paul, Deron Williams, etc. 2006 Marcus Williams. Why he keep drafting power forwards and small forwards when we have a stock load of them.

4. Fire Mike Woodson, he doesn't get players like Salim Stoudermire PT till someone gets hurt and he doesnt know what plays to call make at the end of game situations.

We gotta do something big this offseason, the Hawks are on the rise with Joe Johnson and Josh Smith as the leaders of the pack but they just need these things to happen.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:33 AM   #2
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation
Default Re: Offseason Fix

good point... lets wait a few centuries for it to happen... true PG is who? Billups?
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:55 AM   #3
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Royal Ivey, Esteban Batista, and Slava Medvedenko contracts expire at the end of the season, meaning 3 roster spots and plus are like $8-10 million dollars under the cap so we have no excuse not to make a big splash in the offseason. As long as we can get a good starting point guard and a good starting center we'll be good unless Billy Knight acts stupid.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:24 PM   #4
idizzle
Good college starter

I really want the Hawks to get Mo Williams in a sign and trade.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:52 PM   #5
csc30
Can barely lace up my sneakers

csc30 has an OK reputation so far

That would be sweet
csc30 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: