Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 07-05-2006, 12:52 PM   #1
thabigdg
Can barely lace up my sneakers

thabigdg has an OK reputation so far
Default What's next for the Spurs?

After trading Rasho for scraps and losing Nazr to the Pistons, where are the Spurs going from here? Move TD to the 5? Try to acquire what's left of the centers on the FA market? Depend on one of those Euros to fill in big minutes? Trade? Right now, you have to put them below the Suns and the Mavs.
thabigdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:12 PM   #2
pegasus
€uroInU$A

pegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by thabigdg
After trading Rasho for scraps and losing Nazr to the Pistons, where are the Spurs going from here? Move TD to the 5? Try to acquire what's left of the centers on the FA market? Depend on one of those Euros to fill in big minutes? Trade? Right now, you have to put them below the Suns and the Mavs.

I think they will find another steal from Europe. It could be Louis Scala from Tau Ceramica. He is definetely better than Nazr, Rasho and Overto. Or they will move TD to the 5 (as you wrote) since it's easier to find a power forward.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:17 PM   #3
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

They'll find something. Hell, they might trade for Magloire.

I doubt they move Tim to center full-time though. They've been avoiding that for years.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:17 PM   #4
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

Spurs have already confirmed that luis scola will not be part of their plans this year, but robertas javtokas will be signed to fill in a big man spot. we are still without a legit center though.

there are a few options right now. sign a center from whatevers left of the FA pool or do a sign and trade. the only players the spurs are willing to give up are beno, barry and scolas rights. doesnt seem to appealing to most teams so i guess we are stuck with what he have until ian mahinmi is ready to go next year.

i agree that right now we are below the mavs and suns in terms of a solid squad.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:20 PM   #5
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Are they going to sign Mahinmi or Sanikidze this year?
Old 07-05-2006, 01:39 PM   #6
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

what is taking Luis Scola so long? hes nba ready, and old enough... and could help spurs as of now :confused:
artificial is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:43 PM   #7
fatboy11

Huge buyout, I believe.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:47 PM   #8
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't understand why they traded Rasho. I thought he was a good big man insurance policy. Oh well....no center.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:52 PM   #9
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

Duncan will miss the whole season due to injury and the Spurs will luck out and get the #1 pick (Greg Oden) next year.
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:52 PM   #10
artificial

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Huge buyout, I believe.
should've guessed. thanks.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:55 PM   #11
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orealius
Duncan will miss the whole season due to injury and the Spurs will luck out and get the #1 pick (Greg Oden) next year.
No, Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady will miss a combined 150 games next season and we'll pick Greg Oden #1 and trade him for David West, Bobby Jackson, and Kirk Snyder.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:58 PM   #12
dmenzion
I hit open layups

dmenzion has decent reputation
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
No, Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady will miss a combined 150 games next season and we'll pick Greg Oden #1 and trade him for David West, Bobby Jackson, and Kirk Snyder.

why in fu*k would u trade greg oden for a kirk snyder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats like death!!!

i mean b-jack and west are good players dont get me wrong but not even close to oden
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:59 PM   #13
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

LOL fatboy is still sour over the Gay trade.

Don't forget you'll give up a starter in the deal also, either Juwan or Rafer. You know, to make salaries work.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:10 PM   #14
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmenzion

thats like death!!!

i mean b-jack and west are good players dont get me wrong but not even close to oden
Joke.

Come on, guy. Get with it.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:10 PM   #15
artificial

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmenzion

thats like death!!!

someone sure couldn't smell the sarcasm...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: