Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-26-2015, 03:20 PM   #76
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Default Re: (RUMOR) Dez Bryant could be in some serious trouble career wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~

wow. which idiot in the media was saying that this incident was "5 times worse than ray rice"?
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:44 PM   #77
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
20M is a very shitty guarantee, that tells me they're more worry than anything. CJ got like 60M guaranteed.
If they were completely worried they wouldn't throw anything at him...they would cut him. The fact that they are still trying to make a long term deal happen, even a shitty one, let's me know they aren't sold on this issue ending his career.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:28 PM   #78
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Quote:
If they were completely worried they wouldn't throw anything at him...they would cut him. The fact that they are still trying to make a long term deal happen, even a shitty one, let's me know they aren't sold on this issue ending his career.
It's not a long term deal, it's a 1 1/2 year, not much difference from being franchised.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:09 PM   #79
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
It's not a long term deal, it's a 1 1/2 year, not much difference from being franchised.
They're still trying to work a long term deal out though, otherwise they would just franchise him now and move on to Murray.

Honestly this little ordeal could work out good for Dallas...the Cowboys could get a decent discount on Dez over this...should be a great negotiating piece for Jerry.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:01 PM   #80
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Quote:
They're still trying to work a long term deal out though, otherwise they would just franchise him now and move on to Murray.

Honestly this little ordeal could work out good for Dallas...the Cowboys could get a decent discount on Dez over this...should be a great negotiating piece for Jerry.
Franchise deadline is March 2, free agent starts on March 10. Cowboys in no hurry. They're not going to get a deal done with Dez, both so far apart.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:51 PM   #81
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

So no video of Walmart incident and leaked tape of his roughing up his mother. Someone released that video. But I remember Dez and his mom incident but story isn't that clear. Sounds like a smear campaign that didn't go as planned. Butt hurt friend or friends perhaps.

But the mom situation was disturbing. Dude has rage issues. I'm glad I didnt grow up in the environment he did. My mom raised me much better, I'm thankful like Lynch.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:27 PM   #82
niko
I Run NY.

It amazes me how much trouble athletes let their hanger on's get them in. Literally all of Dez's bullshit is people around him that he allows to live in his house. After the fifth time the police come by you might want to kick them out.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:33 PM   #83
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
It amazes me how much trouble athletes let their hanger on's get them in. Literally all of Dez's bullshit is people around him that he allows to live in his house. After the fifth time the police come by you might want to kick them out.

It seems that people who "come from nothing" are really big on loyalty. If u never had nothing but your friends you feel almost obligated to be there for them no matter what, no matter what. They were there for him when he didn't have sh1t so now that he made it I think he feels like this is part of repaying them.

I don't get it, I grew up in the lower-middle class but had an amazing family and never worried about eating or having clean clothes. I don't know what it is, but it seems like a ton, and I mean a ton of athletes who grew up in less than ideal circumstances will do ANYTHING, even jeopardize their careers and lively hoods for the people who they grew up with.

I'd kick them out and now allow them to use my vehicles, but Dez is in a different situation. Can't really fault him, it's his life and his decision to make, but damn.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:43 PM   #84
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
It seems that people who "come from nothing" are really big on loyalty. If u never had nothing but your friends you feel almost obligated to be there for them no matter what, no matter what. They were there for him when he didn't have sh1t so now that he made it I think he feels like this is part of repaying them.

I don't get it, I grew up in the lower-middle class but had an amazing family and never worried about eating or having clean clothes. I don't know what it is, but it seems like a ton, and I mean a ton of athletes who grew up in less than ideal circumstances will do ANYTHING, even jeopardize their careers and lively hoods for the people who they grew up with.

I'd kick them out and now allow them to use my vehicles, but Dez is in a different situation. Can't really fault him, it's his life and his decision to make, but damn.

At some point you need to make adult decisions which don't allow morons to put you in harms way. Five times the police came, which means (at least) 10 times the morons had some stupid incident in the house, because the police don't come every time (nor does it always get written down). At some point you need to take yourself out of the line of fire because it's not really relevant when something stupid affects your life if it was your fault or not.

Last edited by niko : 02-26-2015 at 08:48 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:51 PM   #85
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN

Quote:
He's an adult, adults allowing other people to get them in trouble with the police are being stupid. At some point you need to grow up. If it's once, or twice, but five times? Five times the police came, if they came five times how many stupid incidents have their really been?

I'm with you, it doesn't make sense to me.

But like I said, we didn't grow up like Dez, we aren't inside his head and we don't know why he continues to support the people who seem to be getting him into trouble. He is obviously big on loyalty, which I can't fault him for.

I don't really think it has anything to do with him needing to "grow up" or mature. He is just a loyal person, that's not going to change. Maybe he needs to be smarter and switch up the way he shows his loyalty, ie not allowing them to drive his cars and live in his house and instead help them get good jobs, or set them up with their own house/cars in their names instead of his.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:09 PM   #86
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
I'm with you, it doesn't make sense to me.

But like I said, we didn't grow up like Dez, we aren't inside his head and we don't know why he continues to support the people who seem to be getting him into trouble. He is obviously big on loyalty, which I can't fault him for.

I don't really think it has anything to do with him needing to "grow up" or mature. He is just a loyal person, that's not going to change. Maybe he needs to be smarter and switch up the way he shows his loyalty, ie not allowing them to drive his cars and live in his house and instead help them get good jobs, or set them up with their own house/cars in their names instead of his.

It's funny because when you're poor in a bad neighborhood no one lets you get away with shit and then you grow up and all of a sudden you allow people to do whatever they want consequence free. I think people who grow up poor (which i did) too often let that be an excuse for stupid decisions later on.

I hope he kicks all these morons out and goes out and plays great football culminating in their yearly choke job I've so come to enjoy.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:19 PM   #87
ROCSteady
One of One

Quote:
I've seen it. It's totally true. MY GOD THE HORROR.

He's wearing a Redskins hat and hanging out with Daniel Synder. I'm sorry, shit had to come out.

ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: