Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 07-01-2006, 07:07 PM   #16
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.
Exclamation Come swim in the calm tonight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by datdude
they would be crazy not to sign cassell, brought the clippers to new heights and got the players to play at a high level. As for thomas, they should have never signed that bum. He plays well EVERY contract year and then he resorts back to his lazy ways

Tim You Can't See Me Thomas. I hope he plays like a bum, because that's what he is.
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 07:07 PM   #17
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
Thats why I believed it, maybe its not true but I tend to believe stuff that is posted here. Maybe I'm stupid for doing that but I trust must everyone here post legit stuff
The article also has factually wrong information in it.

How can you take any journalistic offering like that seriously?

I'm assuming it is an LA area paper. Did this jack-off who wrote the article not know that Tim Thomas has NEVER played for the Clippers before he wrote that Thomas was "staying with" the Clippers.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 07:07 PM   #18
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

1. Bad contract if true.
2. Radmonovic is better and worth the money rather than Thomas.
3. They should keep Cassell.
4. Jeffries is a better fit for that team versus Thomas.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 07:11 PM   #19
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Quote:
Jumping at an opportunity to stay home in Los Angeles and grab and longer term deal for more money, NBA sources confirmed Saturday that Thomas will sign with the Clippers for four years at the mid-level exception, a deal that will be worth as much as $24 million.

I just read this part, I thought they meant he actually lived in LA, my mistake but Im not going to bother reading a three page report on a Deal for Tim Thomas.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 07:13 PM   #20
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

Its on the insidehoops front page now...
Old 07-01-2006, 07:18 PM   #21
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Probably true, just poor journalism.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 07:26 PM   #22
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation
Default Tim Thomas To Sign with Clippers

Quote:
East Valley Tribune - Tim Thomas will spurn the team that gave him a second chance in order to join the L.A. Clippers.

The East Valley Tribune is reporting that Thomas will leave the Suns for Clips and sign a deal worth almost double what the Suns were willing to offer.

The deal is speculated to be for four years at the mid-level exception totalling $24 million.

So the Suns only offered him 3 million a year? Interesting.

Discuss..
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 07:29 PM   #23
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3690
Old 07-01-2006, 07:29 PM   #24
Eto'o
Banned

Eto'o has an OK reputation so far

Old.
Eto'o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 07:30 PM   #25
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stop saying discuss. Damn. That crap died down bruh.

4yrs goes into $24mil 6 times. So he is getting roughly $6mil per? Wow. Not bad considering the crap deals in the league. Wonder how the Cassell situation plays out. He wants a 2yr deal they are only offering 1. And the relationship between Sam and Tim. Both had some choice words for another. Maybe they are old enough to put it behind them or it wasnt that big of a deal to begin with. Both said thier pieces and kept it movin, no love lost?

Clippers! Damn that franchise is finally lookin like a winner!
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 07:40 PM   #26
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Sources say the Clippers offer was almost double the Suns best offer -- believed to be three years at or near $12 million, but the feeling was Thomas enjoyed his time in Phoenix so much that he would take less money to remain and make a run at an NBA championship."

did they NOT know who they were dealing with?

kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 07:43 PM   #27
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

I don't think there is any bad blood between Thomas and Cassell. Cassell just wanted to get in his head so Thomas would miss his freethrows. Unless you are talking about a situation in Milwaukee between the 2.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 07:44 PM   #28
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool
Default ..

IF this is true, would they still have the $ to re-sign Cassell?
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 07:48 PM   #29
KingofKings718
Great young streetballer

KingofKings718 has an OK reputation so far

Damn, I never knew Tim Thomas lived in LA. I thought he lived in New Jersey.

Anyway, T2 will likely resort to his lazy ways. Vlad-rad's signing with the Lakers is a goodie.
KingofKings718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 08:04 PM   #30
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

I definitely hope they bring back Cassell or Guillermo Diaz might actuall get playing time. Cassell >>> Diaz.

At least it's nice to know that Sterling is finally willing to spent some money. Not onlyhe overpaid Mobley last season, but he's also overpaying Tim Thomas... I think he will backup the PF position behind Brand since they arleady have a backup C in Paul Davis. Vladrad is as good as gone. If the Clippers keep Cassell, the Clipper team is stacked.

C- Chris Kaman - Paul Davis
F- Elton Brand - Tim Thomas
F- Corey Maggette - James Singleton
G- Cuttino Mobley - Quinton Ross - Daniel Ewing
G- Shaun Livingston - Sam Cassell - Guillermo Diaz.

If the Clippers lose Sam Cassell(will be a sad, sad day in Clipper Nation), I hope they atleast replace him with someone like Mike James, Marcus Banks, maybe trade for Jamaal Tinsley. And hopefully Sam Cassell's leadership and swagger will rub off on the rest of the team.

If Sam's back, this team is a title contender.

Most importantly, Donald Sterling is finally spending money. But it's not always a good thing. The Clippers are now stuck with Tim Thomas for 4 years. I just hope he doesn't start playing lazy basketball. Fortunately, the Clippers are deep at the SF position just incase Tim Thomas has those days where he says f*ck it. Maggette, Ross, and James Singleton are good players.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: