Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2006, 01:15 PM   #76
Batchoy
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: in the State of Confusion
Posts: 371
Default

Tim Thomas a very good replacement for the departing Vladamir Radmanovic. I think he's a little more athletic than Vlade with just as good an outside shot and better overall defense. The big question mark is Tim's dedication to the game. But I think it will be fine with Sam Cassell and Elton Brand there to keep him on track. It's incredible to see The Clippers with all this confidence.

But with all the money The Clippers will be paying Tim, he will eventually be the starting SF. That means Corey Maggette will, more than likely, be part of a trade package. I believe that The Clippers are going to wait until the middle of the season whether to trade Corey or not. It probably will depend on how well the team is performing. And by that time, there will be more teams willing to trade for an athletic SF of Corey's ability. The Clippers aren't in a hurry right now.
Batchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:18 PM   #77
420puffer
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
420puffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 90
Default

^ I highly doubt and hope that Elgin will not trade Corey. He is crucial to the clippers future success
420puffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:28 PM   #78
Batchoy
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: in the State of Confusion
Posts: 371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420puffer
^ I highly doubt and hope that Elgin will not trade Corey. He is crucial to the clippers future success
Corey has been great for The Clippers, but when he was injured last season, the team still played superb basketball. And with the addition of Radmanovic, it cut Corey's playing time. Now with Tim Thomas added to replace Radmanovic, I think Corey will be expendable. But, if Tim Thomas doesn't work with The Clippers, they can still keep Corey. That's why I think they will wait until the middle of the season. To see how Tim, Corey, and the team are doing. If The Clippers are playing as expected, then Corey will stay. That may mean Corey "relegated" to sixth man (some players want to start instead of coming off the bench), but if he is okay with that role, and they are near the top of the division/conference, then The Clippers remain intact. Otherwise, I see a trade.
Batchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:32 PM   #79
Darius
Decent college freshman
 
Darius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Handsome Man
Posts: 2,933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batchoy
Corey has been great for The Clippers, but when he was injured last season, the team still played superb basketball. .

That's not precisely true... we lost like 10 out of 15 games after Corey went down... though Q. Ross managed to mature into a starting role and staunch the bleeding.

I think Corey's importance will be greater this year because Livingston will be starting and 1) we'll need Corey's scoring because Livingston isn't the scorer Cassell is and 2) Livingston creates alot of easy opportunities for an athlete like Corey.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:34 PM   #80
Darius
Decent college freshman
 
Darius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Handsome Man
Posts: 2,933
Default

Batchoy you are a Kobe-jilted ex-Laker fan right?

You should come over to the dark side... (or this case the light side :) )
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:37 PM   #81
Batchoy
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: in the State of Confusion
Posts: 371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
That's not precisely true... we lost like 10 out of 15 games after Corey went down... though Q. Ross managed to mature into a starting role and staunch the bleeding.

I think Corey's importance will be greater this year because Livingston will be starting and 1) we'll need Corey's scoring because Livingston isn't the scorer Cassell is and 2) Livingston creates alot of easy opportunities for an athlete like Corey.
We'll see. But at least The Clippers are moving in the right direction. Keeping Casell was a must. Livingston may turn out to be a great point guard, but he still needs some help and Sam "I am" is the perfect teacher for him and for the team. Just look at last season. I'm looking at another deep run into the playoffs for this team. Anything less would be a disappointment.
Batchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:41 PM   #82
Batchoy
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: in the State of Confusion
Posts: 371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
Batchoy you are a Kobe-jilted ex-Laker fan right?

You should come over to the dark side... (or this case the light side :) )
I'm a ronin. A wandering Samurai who has no master. But that doesn't mean I can give my opinion on other teams. What I'm saying is that, I'm still a Laker fan at heart, eventhough I disagree (hate?) with what has happened. I just hope I don't have to commit sepuku (I don't like the sight of blood) to prove my loyalty again to The Lakers.
Batchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:54 PM   #83
Darius
Decent college freshman
 
Darius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Handsome Man
Posts: 2,933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batchoy
I'm a ronin. A wandering Samurai who has no master. But that doesn't mean I can give my opinion on other teams. What I'm saying is that, I'm still a Laker fan at heart, eventhough I disagree (hate?) with what has happened. I just hope I don't have to commit sepuku (I don't like the sight of blood) to prove my loyalty again to The Lakers.


I'm telling you man... you were a Magic fan?

We got a possible Magic past duex on the rise... hopefully
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:06 PM   #84
Batchoy
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: in the State of Confusion
Posts: 371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
I'm telling you man... you were a Magic fan?

We got a possible Magic past duex on the rise... hopefully
I've seen a few games where Livingston does reminds me of Magic. If this kid stays healthy (this is the key), he will turn more than a few heads The Clippers way. I really like him because he's a pure point guard at 6'7". Most PG's in the league have a shoot first mentality, but Livingston wants to pass, and he also has a good medium range shot which will only get better with experience. I also like his ability to drive in the lane. With his height advantage he can get oppurtunities for easy layups, fouls, or pass to an open teammate. If he matures (and keeps healthy), I wouldn't be surprised Shaun as an All-Star in the next couple of years.
Batchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:06 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy