Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-10-2007, 11:33 PM   #1
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board
Default OT:Insulting Black People=Blasphemy;Insulting Arabs=OK

I'm not sure if anyone's followed this Don Imus garbage recently. Basically he referred to the Rutger's womens basketball team (predominantly black) as "nappy headed hos" and made some other disparaging remarks.

Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc are calling for his firing because of his racist remarks.

I just find it somewhat amusing that calling a black person a "nappy headed ho" can evoke such outrage from the community yet people conveniently forget about his other racist remarks against Palestinians and Arabs.

In the past he's referred to Arabs as "ragheads" and "goat humping weasels".

In reference to Palestinians he/and his cohost called them "animals" and advocated dropping a bomb on the region to exterminate all Palestinians.

Somehow, wishing for genocide is completely fine and making an ignorant racial remark against blacks is causing a huge uproar.

I like how society can take his fairly vitriolic remarks against Arabs/Palestinians in jest yet his dumb remarks against blacks is causing a pretty big stir.

I hate this hypocrisy.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:35 PM   #2
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: OT:Insulting Black People=Blasphemy;Insulting Arabs=OK

good point
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:39 PM   #3
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No one ever said blacks weren't hypocritical on the issue of racism.

Wait....I guess Arabs, Orientals, Hispanics, Native Americans, etc. are too.

But whites definitely aren't. How can you be hypocritcal when no one is racist against you?
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:40 PM   #4
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos

But whites definitely aren't. How can you be hypocritcal when no one is racist against you?

ever heard a black comedian on BET?
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:42 PM   #5
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

What Native Americans?
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:43 PM   #6
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They can't be racist. In order to be racist they have to have some sort of power over white people. Since only whites can repress other races, they cannot be victims of racism.

Quote:

The ones in that video game. Prey was it?
Old 04-10-2007, 11:46 PM   #7
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
They can't be racist. In order to be racist they have to have some sort of power over white people. Since only whites can repress other races, they cannot be victims of racism.

The ones in that video game. Prey was it?

you serious? white people can definetly be victims of racism. when a black guy makes a negative statement about a white guy is that not racist? because its certainly racist if a white guy says it to a black guy.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:47 PM   #8
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Solid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong waySolid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Unhappy Re: OT:Insulting Black People=Blasphemy;Insulting Arabs=OK

Quote:

Truer words have never been spoken.

Now this 'bout to straight up get ugly, so I won't be coming back into this thread lol (I can't get into race debates over the internet, inevitably some close minded, sheltered, cozy lifestyle , 15 year old white boy will make a dumb ass remark and I go off the handle. If I can't punch his chin off, I don't want to even get started in an argument as heated as this).
Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:47 PM   #9
Dick Biggly
Good High School Starter

Dick Biggly has no real reputation yet.

jesse jackson and al sharpton are just as bigoted, if not worse, than Imus so i don't see where they even have room to talk.
Dick Biggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:52 PM   #10
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have no patience for racism in any form.... Imus is an idiot and he should be fired for what he did. Aside from that, racism in any form is just plain unacceptable.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:53 PM   #11
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Biggly
jesse jackson and al sharpton are just as bigoted, if not worse, than Imus so i don't see where they even have room to talk.

Um, no.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:55 PM   #12
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Now this 'bout to straight up get ugly, so I won't be coming back into this thread lol (I can't get into race debates over the internet, inevitably some close minded, sheltered, cozy lifestyle , 15 year old white boy will make a dumb ass remark and I go off the handle. If I can't punch his chin off, I don't want to even get started in an argument as heated as this).

See, that's not racist because that 15 year old white boy has all the amenities that Solid Snake does not as a black man. Therefore how can he hurt the feelings or truly hurt a white boy physically without the basic needs that white people find necessary? White people basically have a protective force field around themselves.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:55 PM   #13
Vendetta
Banned

Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Um, no.

Uhm, yes. They're as big of racists as he is.

P.S. 10 to 1 odds you're black or want to be.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:56 PM   #14
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

a shock jock said something offensive? no say it ain't so. Must have been a slow news week.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:57 PM   #15
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

PejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I have no patience for racism in any form.... Imus is an idiot and he should be fired for what he did. Aside from that, racism in any form is just plain unacceptable.

Fired for what? Did he do something illegal? Did I miss that? I'm not defending him, because obviously it was done in horrible taste, but this is typical Imus, he has bashed everyone. I think people in this country have become too damn sensitive. People always cry about not having "free speech" but then they are the first ones to jump on the "fire him" bandwagon because someone exercised their right to free speech.

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are both hypocritical morons, it figures they would jump in the middle of this.

Bottomline, what Imus said was tasteless and bad, but I fear the people trying to shut him up permanently even more.
PejaNowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: