Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-11-2007, 12:12 AM   #31
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: OT:Insulting Black People=Blasphemy;Insulting Arabs=OK

Quote:
no they are currently being oppressed in what was recently their country.

Thanks to the American backed Israeli army. lol...although I won't get into that issue cause it ain't cut and dry by no means.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:12 AM   #32
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
this isn't the first time Imus has said something racist about blacks as well and certainly not anything in bad taste. This is the same guy who said Venus and Serena are monkeys and should be in National Geographic

All the topic starter has proven is that nobody made an outrage when he insulted Arabs (and other groups like cancer survivors). All that proves is that nobody complained and that he obviously never apologized since he wasn't taken to task on it which brings into question the credibility of any of his apologies. Of course, you're gullible as hell if you believe any of them and don't see that it's just damage control

If the Arab community was so offended, tell them to stand up for themselves.

Wow Dr. King would throw up if he saw what the fight has come to.

Last edited by icemanfan : 04-11-2007 at 12:15 AM.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:13 AM   #33
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Palestinian Arabs were never slaves in this country. Nor have they ever been systematically oppressed for nearly a hundred years after they were freed.
Palestinians might not have been slaves but they've in the middle of a bloody warzone caused by Western Powers over the last half of a century.

And if blacks were oppressed in the past, does it make it "more wrong" to insult blacks because of their past? Is injustice measured in the "context of history"?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:14 AM   #34
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
There is no room for individual circumstance in this statement. Bigots like to lump people into groups. so they can throw generalizations at them just like you did there. You are not much different than any other white racist except you didn't say "But one of my best friends is white". You telling me that if a group of black guys surround a couple of white folks, and spit on them and call them crackers and white b!tches, that even that sh!t can't be seen a racist?

I could go on just to be an ass, but I was being sarcastic. I do believe whites are the victims of racism. What I said is basically quoted from other posters here throughout the years. Sad really.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:17 AM   #35
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
I could go on just to be an ass, but I was being sarcastic. I do believe whites are the victims of racism. What I said is basically quoted from other posters here throughout the years. Sad really.

Not nearly as much as blacks are. But racism in any case is wrong.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:18 AM   #36
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanfan
Wow Dr. King would throw up if he saw what the fight has come too.
Dr King is rolling around in his grave period. I don't see what I said that was so wrong though, simply put the thing he's saying about all these groups are equally as wrong. The fact he isn't put to task on all of them to the same level, proves nothing
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:21 AM   #37
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Not nearly as much as blacks are. But racism in any case is wrong.
the most racist thing I read all day was a quote from a black female journalist who said "Imus is speaking for all white people". On the ground floor level like here or at work or play there is just us. No race just a bunch of people trying to get by. Racism is a game for the rich and the poor. The working class just don't have time to waste on such stupidity.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:27 AM   #38
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
the most racist thing I read all day was a quote from a black female journalist who said "Imus is speaking for all white people". On the ground floor level like here or at work or play there is just us. No race just a bunch of people trying to get by. Racism is a game for the rich and the poor. The working class just don't have time to waste on such stupidity.

Do you remember where you read that.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:30 AM   #39
icemanfan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
Dr King is rolling around in his grave period. I don't see what I said that was so wrong though, simply put the thing he's saying about all these groups are equally as wrong. The fact he isn't put to task on all of them to the same level, proves nothing
My Dad is white and my Mother is Mexican. Although niether is black they did what they could in the 60's. It wasn't Black vs White as some seem to think today. It was Racist vs those who would not take it anymore. It still is. Imus makes money by pissing people off. I have heard more racist **** off of rap albums. Its a slow news day and the media have to cause a stir even if they have to eat one of their own. Remeber this is the same group of "responsible journalist" who defended G.Gordon Liddy for saying on air August 26, 1994 - Now if the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms comes to disarm you and they are bearing arms, resist them with arms. Go for a head shot; they're going to be wearing bulletproof vests." ... "They've got a big target on there, ATF. Don't shoot at that, because they've got a vest on underneath that. Head shots, head shots.... Kill the sons of *****es.
September 15, 1994 - If the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms insists upon a firefight, give them a firefight. Just remember, they're wearing flak jackets and you're better off shooting for the head.
none of these folks really care one way or another.

Last edited by icemanfan : 04-11-2007 at 12:45 AM.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:31 AM   #40
icemanfan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Do you remember where you read that.
quote from San Antonio Express News.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:38 AM   #41
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
you serious? white people can definetly be victims of racism. when a black guy makes a negative statement about a white guy is that not racist? because its certainly racist if a white guy says it to a black guy.

no, unless it refers to his white skin.

Like if a black guy said, "You suck whiteboy" to a white boy then that isnt racist. Because he is a whiteboy and if he sux, he sux.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:44 AM   #42
icemanfan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
no, unless it refers to his white skin.

Like if a black guy said, "You suck whiteboy" to a white boy then that isnt racist. Because he is a whiteboy and if he sux, he sux.
so your saying if he is black and he sux you can say you suck black boy? Right. Some folks are racist and don't even know it I guess.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:49 AM   #43
The_Masterplan
Banned

Quote:
so your saying if he is black and he sux you can say you suck black boy? Right. Some folks are racist and don't even know it I guess.

Thats the thing. Can you?

Honestly, i think the term "racism" has been skewed and twisted around too much.

Lets take what Imus said, "He called the rutgers 'nappy headed hoes.'"

Ok, so what if he calls them hoes? They just have a nappy head as well. He isnt discriminating against them and excluding them because they are black from anything.

Racism to me is calling someone the N word or excluding them from a restaurant or something because of their skin color or religion.

This may seem stupid to you but i truly do believe the term has been twisted around to mean many things that are just insults about their hair.

If a black man wouldv'e called a white team "long blonde headed hoes" is it any different than "nappy headed hoes?" No.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:49 AM   #44
The_Masterplan
Banned

Quote:

I am not excluding him of any sort.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:57 AM   #45
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
I'm not sure if anyone's followed this Don Imus garbage recently. Basically he referred to the Rutger's womens basketball team (predominantly black) as "nappy headed hos" and made some other disparaging remarks.

Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc are calling for his firing because of his racist remarks.

I just find it somewhat amusing that calling a black person a "nappy headed ho" can evoke such outrage from the community yet people conveniently forget about his other racist remarks against Palestinians and Arabs.

In the past he's referred to Arabs as "ragheads" and "goat humping weasels".

In reference to Palestinians he/and his cohost called them "animals" and advocated dropping a bomb on the region to exterminate all Palestinians.

Somehow, wishing for genocide is completely fine and making an ignorant racial remark against blacks is causing a huge uproar.

I like how society can take his fairly vitriolic remarks against Arabs/Palestinians in jest yet his dumb remarks against blacks is causing a pretty big stir.

I hate this hypocrisy.

If he was only be accused of being racist I would say you have a point. However the entire team WAS NOT WHITE, and there are quite a few women who have a problem with him calling them "ho*s!!!

He's not only being accused of being racist but sexist as well. I noticed that you left that part out of your OP and your argument, why is that?
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: