Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-10-2007, 11:57 PM   #46
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: OT:Insulting Black People=Blasphemy;Insulting Arabs=OK

I'd assume most black people would be just as offended if they were called black boy as being called ****** cause it's intended to be harmful in the same way.

And I read that article Iceman, seemed like a bunch of quotes from non-whites explaining why white people are the way they are. However, I swear in every movie about blacks overcoming great odds there's a line that goes something like "You don't know what we have to go through."

The only thing out of the article I deemed valuable was the assertion that there's a white backlash to all of this discrimination talk. It's been stable for a while, but I think eventually white people in America are gonna just flip out (a lare portion at least, not a majority).
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:59 PM   #47
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
If he was only be accused of being racist I would say you have a point. However the entire team WAS NOT WHITE, and there are quite a few women who have a problem with him calling them "ho*s!!!

I swear I saw a white player sitting behind the captain when she was talking at the press conference.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:01 AM   #48
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
I swear I saw a white player sitting behind the captain when she was talking at the press conference.

They have more than one "non-black" player on the team.
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:34 AM   #49
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker4Lyfe
If he was only be accused of being racist I would say you have a point. However the entire team WAS NOT WHITE, and there are quite a few women who have a problem with him calling them "ho*s!!!

He's not only being accused of being racist but sexist as well. I noticed that you left that part out of your OP and your argument, why is that?
The main point of my thread was to ask why it is a big deal when this guy calls black women "racist/sexist" names but no one cares when he says that Arabs "ragheads" &"goat humping weasels" and advocated dropping a bomb on the region to exterminate all Palestinians?

Somehow, wishing for genocide is completely fine and making an ignorant racial remark against blacks is causing a huge uproar.

Is it ok for him to say stuff like that until he insults people you identify with? Is it more "wrong" when he insults "your" people?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:41 AM   #50
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
The main point of my thread was to ask why it is a big deal when this guy calls black women "racist/sexist" names but no one cares when he says that Arabs "ragheads" &"goat humping weasels" and advocated dropping a bomb on the region to exterminate all Palestinians?

Somehow, wishing for genocide is completely fine and making an ignorant racial remark against blacks is causing a huge uproar.

Is it ok for him to say stuff like that until he insults people you identify with? Is it more "wrong" when he insults "your" people?

Once again I repeat. ALL THE TEAM IS NOT BLACK. For whatever reason you want to make this about black vs arab even though there is MUCH more to it.

Why dont you send and email to CNN or FoxNews and ask them this question?

Carry on.....

Last edited by Laker4Lyfe : 04-11-2007 at 12:43 AM.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:49 AM   #51
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Watch this video on YouTube

Planet of the Arabs

Quote:
Official selection of the Sundance Film Festival 2005

A trailer-esque montage spectacle of Hollywood's relentless vilification and dehumanization of Arabs and Muslims.
Inspired by the book
"Reel Bad Arabs"
by Dr. Jack Shaheen

Out of 1000 films that have Arab & Muslim characters (from the year 1896 to 2000)
12 were postive depictions, 52 were even handed and the rest of the 900 and so were negative.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:58 AM   #52
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
Watch this video on YouTube

Planet of the Arabs

This doesn't surprise me at all. Haven't you heard the "arabs" and "muslims" want to kill us all. I mean just look at 24, who's the enemy? Some people are just too ignorant to think for themselves and not follow along like a hurd of sheep. This is why we are even talking about this topic "race" in the first place.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:14 AM   #53
despurs
High School JV MVP

despurs has an OK reputation so far

There really inst an organization out there looking out for the rights of Arabs. So who is suppose to stick up for them?
despurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:20 AM   #54
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by despurs
There really inst an organization out there looking out for the rights of Arabs. So who is suppose to stick up for them?

Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) does. Kind of. I think.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:28 AM   #55
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanfan
the most racist thing I read all day was a quote from a black female journalist who said "Imus is speaking for all white people". On the ground floor level like here or at work or play there is just us. No race just a bunch of people trying to get by. Racism is a game for the rich and the poor. The working class just don't have time to waste on such stupidity.
That's what I'm talking about right there. If you are a working class citizen where do you find the time to preach and teach hate?

Thanks man. No one could have summarized it any better than that.
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:30 AM   #56
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Arabs (well technically muslim extrimists) bombed (well technically flew planes into) the twin towers. Blacks bombed (well technically impregnated) your girlfriend. Big difference.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:49 AM   #57
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) does. Kind of. I think.
CAIR is worthless. They are all talk and are too scared to take action because of their fear of retaliation of the US government/public.

If they say the media is out to make muslims look bad, they will be labeled extremists and "potential" terrorists.

If they fight (not literally, of course) the government, they will be labeled extremists and "potential" terrorists.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:09 AM   #58
0ne50
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
I'm not sure if anyone's followed this Don Imus garbage recently. Basically he referred to the Rutger's womens basketball team (predominantly black) as "nappy headed hos" and made some other disparaging remarks.

Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc are calling for his firing because of his racist remarks.

I just find it somewhat amusing that calling a black person a "nappy headed ho" can evoke such outrage from the community yet people conveniently forget about his other racist remarks against Palestinians and Arabs.

In the past he's referred to Arabs as "ragheads" and "goat humping weasels".

In reference to Palestinians he/and his cohost called them "animals" and advocated dropping a bomb on the region to exterminate all Palestinians.

I like how society can take his fairly vitriolic remarks against Arabs/Palestinians in jest yet his dumb remarks against blacks is causing a pretty big stir.

I hate this hypocrisy.
Name another race of people who's leaders are out there fighting for equality for all races! All every other race ever fight for, is rights for there own people. THAT"S STILL RACISM!!! God bless any white man who claims he is not racist. Nice game! But until I see some white leaders and groups out there putting up a real fight against racism, I'm going to remain skeptical. I don't know everything about MLK and I'm sure someone can bring up a time when MLK was less than perfect. But at least he fought for equality for every man. Arabs, Hispanics, all men and women. Eventually he got killed for his efforts. That's bravery people. Someone said that MLK would be turning in his grave, and I add to that he's turning in his grave over how all races act today. He fought for all.

The next person to be so brave doesn't have to be a black man. It's could be a white man, a Hispanic, an Asian, an Arab, it don't matter. Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and guys like those have in some cases stood up for other minorities. They are not perfect. I heard Sharpton speaking out against racial profiling of the behalf of Arabs before. Less that two weeks ago Sharpton and Jackson protested 50 Cent and degrading hip hop music. They are leaders for a reason. It's because they stand for something positive for other people. Who are you as an individual to point out flaws when the only thing you have done against racism is claim your not racist. Gee thanks!

I wanna see minority from other races fight ALL racism.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:27 AM   #59
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Ya, no white person has ever been killed for standing up for minorities.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:40 AM   #60
0ne50
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Ya, no white person has ever been killed for standing up for minorities.
OK just to make sure, show me where I put emphasis on a white person never getting killed for standing up for minorities?
Quote:
But until I see some white leaders and groups out there putting up a real fight against racism, I'm going to remain skeptical.
Abraham Lincoln ended slavery. That was a great start. Now help me out here. I'll be more than happy if you enlighten me. I don't claim to know it all. If there is some white group out there putting up a real fight against racism. Please provide that information.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: