Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 07-02-2006, 12:48 AM   #31
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

JR smith is so much better then snyder, just like cedric simmons is going to be better then west, if not already is..west is a sixth man

C- Hilton Armstrong
PF- Cedric Simmons
SF- Peja
SG- Jr Smith
PG- C.P.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:02 AM   #32
yobore
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
JR smith is so much better then snyder, just like cedric simmons is going to be better then west, if not already is..west is a sixth man

C- Hilton Armstrong
PF- Cedric Simmons
SF- Peja
SG- Jr Smith
PG- C.P.

I disagree on Snyder.

The one who I want to see in the lineup though next year is Mason he can get a lot better for them. Mason can guard the SG and Peja plays SG on offense. I have a feeling Mason can produce a lot more for them next year.

About West I agree he is overrated but Simmons has no range, is raw, and will probably be on the bench for a couple years.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:06 AM   #33
boshraptor4life
Good High School Starter

Quote me on it now, they will trade JR Smith before the season starts, he does not get along with the coach.
boshraptor4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:07 AM   #34
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

bosh i know, im saying if the coach liked him that would have been it
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:19 AM   #35
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15

Nonetheless this makes them a certain playoff team, even in the insanely deep West provided they keep up the same level of play.

Not really. If semi-healthy SA, Dal, Phx, Sac, Hou and Lac are clearly better teams. Mem, Den, Lal are at least on even terms. Even Uta, Min and Sea (strong season finish) cannot be counted out. It makes them better, but in the West there are no guranatees for middle of the pack teams.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:26 AM   #36
houselog442
I airball my layups

My problem with givng Peja that huge of a contract is that he is basically a clutchless, defenseless, softie! I mean its one thing to overpay for a person who is a clutch player, but when the playoffs begin, Peja is gone fishing! Plus the fact that he has declined in the past few years. The Pacers are doing the right thing and not resigning him, they got some talented small forwards and they need to dump salary.
houselog442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:43 AM   #37
hawkfan
Billy Ocean Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
They are WAY overpaying for Peja. He's getting old. they should just overpay for Radmonovic at half the price....

GMs think with their heart instead of their heads. Logic dictates no way is Peja worth that anymore. I don't think he was EVER worth that. Great shooter...that's about it....

I agree.

Give Vlade 5 years, $40 million instead of giving Peja that money.

After three years, Peja's body will be shot and they will be paying him a ton of money for 2 years of sitting on the bench in street clothes.

Plus they are going to have to go give big contracts to Paul, West, and their two first rounders in the near future while having Peja on the books.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 04:31 AM   #38
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
If semi-healthy SA, Dal, Phx, Sac, Hou and Lac are clearly better teams. Mem, Den, Lal are at least on even terms. Even Uta, Min and Sea (strong season finish) cannot be counted out.
SAC has frontcourt issues and no coach. Memphis could be looking at an offyear as they've just traded skill for potential and have nothing at the PG or C spots. Denver? Mediocre team last year, they're going to lose Kmart, eh. Utah I doubt it, they're outmatched all over the place, and who can trust Kirilenko's health? Minnesota's the second worst team in the West, and Seattle could lose Wilcox and still after all this don't have a Center. I simply cannot see these guys not getting in. They shoulda done it last year, with a raw roster, no wing players whatsoever, and a thin frontcourt. Injury's the only thing keepin' em out.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 04:38 AM   #39
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
SAC has frontcourt issues and no coach.

GeeWiz stop talking out of your ass like GOBB said. It is obvious that Petrie will fix the frontcourt problems and Musselman will be a good coach. Kings get a new PF that blocks shots and we will have a better frontcourt than the hornets. I'm not sure why you think the hornets are better than all those teams. Denver's going to trade KMart, re-sign Nene, and get a new shooting guard. They will be better than NOK. They're already more talented than NOK. If they didn't have so many injuries last year they would've probably been a 50 win team.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:42 AM   #40
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk

C- Hilton Armstrong
PF- Cedric Simmons
SF- Peja
SG- Jr Smith
PG- C.P.

David West is pretty good...he has a nice smooth mid-range jumpshot.

Quote:
SAC has frontcourt issues and no coach.

Frontcourt issues, yes. No coach, no.
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:12 AM   #41
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Yeah they're overpaying, but Indy should've gotten him back. From where I stand, they've taken a couple of steps back

Why? Granger fits what they're tryign to do in Indiana more than Peja. They know their not going to win a title anytime soon, so why overpay a mediocre player to just make the 2nd round a few times and then be saddled with a bad contract? Indy needs to destroy and rebuild their entire roster.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:38 PM   #42
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

I like this time of the year man. The Hornets could finally make the playoffs. Great move for them since theyve made it known that theyd want a shooter. Sucks for Indiana. Maybe that's why they drafted Shawne Williams and might start Granger at SF. But damn, the West is just looking like a powerhouse so far.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 03:35 PM   #43
Spiderman08 24
Banned

It's offical. Peja is a Bug.
Spiderman08 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 03:45 PM   #44
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman08 24
It's offical. Peja is a Bug.
Actually, it's not official at all. He can't sign with them yet.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 03:57 PM   #45
hateraid
Is it in you?

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boshraptor4life
Quote me on it now, they will trade JR Smith before the season starts, he does not get along with the coach.

This makes me beleive you just quoted somebody else. Everyone on here knows him and his coach don't vibe

It's a shame about Peja. He could be a very deadly weapon on any team but he's being judged for his price tag. He is still a phenomenal shooter. Two years ago the people on this board thought he was the best in the NBA.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: