Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 04-11-2007, 10:51 AM   #1
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation
Default Aaron Afflalo

He is entering the NBA draft and for going his SR season...imagine that...

He ain't ready fo no NBA....I think Greg Oden should come out and enter the draft.....he's mo ready then all the ppl that entered now....

THOUGHTS
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:31 AM   #2
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Aaron Afflalo

I think he'll do fine in the NBA. He was the best player on an overall offensively challenged team so that allowed Florida to commit their best defender to him while the outcome of the game was still in doubt. I think he's still a mid-to-late first round pick with an NBA body and could be a good pickup for teams that could use some depth at shooting guard (i.e. Washington, Utah, Charlotte, etc.)
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:20 PM   #3
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As was mentioned above, Afflalo has an NBA ready body, which is definitely advantageous. Although he didn't show up in that Final Four game, he does possess all the skills necessary for an NBA team to want to draft him. He is a good all-around player, not to mention a very skilled shooter. Not overly athletic, but as a 6-5 SG it won't hurt him too too much. Of course he won't be a star, but his all-around play will stick him with an NBA team.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:26 PM   #4
STelfair31

i think 1st round mayb 20th pick depending on team needs
Old 04-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #5
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

"Ready for the NBA" can mean a lot of different things. So in one sense, no, he isn't ready, because his game doesn't translate to being as good of an NBA player as he was a college player. And some people see that and automatically think that a guy needs to stay in college.

But some shortcomings just aren't fixable. Afflalo's biggest one is that he just isn't that explosive. He's no stiff, but athletically he simply doesn't measure up to most quality NBA off-guards. Another year in college isn't going to change that. It's not like he just needs to get in better shape; as has been mentioned, he has an NBA-ready body.

I think he made the smart decision. He's a proven winner, going to back-to-back Final Fours. His game basically is what it is, as a collegiate, at this point. There's nothing he could realistically do as a senior that would drastically change the perception of him as an NBA prospect.

But he can knock down clutch shots and he plays fantastic defense. I think he could be a more well-rounded version of Bruce Bowen as a pro.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:54 AM   #6
UCLAlegend32
Local High School Star

UCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat coolUCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat cool

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo
UCLAlegend32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:00 AM   #7
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

Oh, for Christ's sake, what are you crying about? You've been to consecutive Final Fours, you bring back everyone except one guy from a Final Four team except Afflalo, and you add arguably the best high school player in the nation in Kevin Love, and definitely the best big man in high school basketball: the one thing UCLA was lacking.

Call me crazy, but as good as Afflalo is, I think you'll live.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:22 PM   #8
STelfair31

Affalo stayin might have helped him a little bit...
Old 04-12-2007, 05:37 PM   #9
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Afflalo could be a Raja Bell type of player in the NBA. If he was more athletic he would have a chance at being a scorer but he just does not have the hops or explosiveness to take it to that next level. What he does have working in his favor is his defense and he should really thank Ben Howland for coaching him because Afflalo's D is what will keep him in the league.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: