Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2007, 04:00 PM   #16
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,943
Default Re: Top 10 Nfl Qb's

Whoever doesn't put Manning & Brady in the top two spots are fooling nobody. They are the cream of the crop folks.

LT is probably the best individual player in the NFL. He can do everything a RB should do and then some...and do it all at a very high level.

However he's not the most valuable. The most valuable player would be Peyton Manning.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:05 PM   #17
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Top 10 Nfl Qb's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Whoever doesn't put Manning & Brady in the top two spots are fooling nobody. They are the cream of the crop folks.

LT is probably the best individual player in the NFL. He can do everything a RB should do and then some...and do it all at a very high level.

However he's not the most valuable. The most valuable player would be Peyton Manning.

that is very debateable...

give me LT...

by looking at your avatar I since a bit of homerism...but you can definatley make a case for Peyton, I will give you that...



by the way....the MVP was awarded to LT...
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #18
West-Side
Decent college freshman
 
West-Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,405
Default Re: Top 10 Nfl Qb's

Top 5 Quarterbacks

1.Peyton Manning
2.Tom Brady
3.Carson Palmer
4.Donovan McNabb
5.Drew Brees

Top 5 Runningbacks

1.LaDanian Tomlinson
2.Larry Johnson
3.Frank Gore
4.Stephen Jackson
5.Brian Westbrook


Top 5 Wide Receivers
1. Steve Smith
2. Chad Johnson
3. Terrell Owens
4. Marvin harrison
5. Torry Holt

Best Defensive Lineman: Julius Peppers
Bect Linebacker: Shawn Merriman (spelling?)
Best Secondary: Champ Bailey


Off top of my head...
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:05 PM   #19
West-Side
Decent college freshman
 
West-Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,405
Default Re: Top 10 Nfl Qb's

Quote:
However he's not the most valuable. The most valuable player would be Peyton Manning.

Uhmm yes he is, he's far and away the most valuable asset to any team, IMO. Peyton has a rediculously good receiving core and a great OL...he simply doesn't do as much as LT can for a team...block, run, throw, catch...what else do you want? Manning can't scramble, he's the best pocket QB in the league and one of the greatest QB's of all-time, only problem is...I think LT will end up being the greatest football player to ever play this game, and yes he will end up being better then Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Joe Brown and othrs...barring injury.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:58 PM   #20
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Top 10 Nfl Qb's

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side

Top 5 Wide Receivers
1. Steve Smith
2. Chad Johnson
3. Terrell Owens
4. Marvin harrison
5. Torry Holt


Bect Linebacker: Shawn Merriman (spelling?)

that wide recier list is way off...this one is closer to reality

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL...S/2006/regular



and Merriman is a defensive end not a linebacker....and he uses steriods so he should be off all lists
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:31 PM   #21
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,347
Default Re: Top 10 Nfl Qb's

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
Uhmm yes he is, he's far and away the most valuable asset to any team, IMO. Peyton has a rediculously good receiving core and a great OL...he simply doesn't do as much as LT can for a team...block, run, throw, catch...what else do you want? Manning can't scramble, he's the best pocket QB in the league and one of the greatest QB's of all-time, only problem is...I think LT will end up being the greatest football player to ever play this game, and yes he will end up being better then Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Joe Brown and othrs...barring injury.
its alot to ask him to be better than that joe brown fella.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:42 PM   #22
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 14,977
Default Re: Top 10 Nfl Qb's

any top 10 WR list without Larry Fitzgerald is funny haha.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:16 PM   #23
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Top 10 Nfl Qb's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
any top 10 WR list without Larry Fitzgerald is funny haha.
Boldin is better...

Fitz has the ability to be a top 5 WR but I'm not sure he is right now...top 10 I will give you though
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:30 PM   #24
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,347
Default Re: Top 10 Nfl Qb's

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
Boldin is better...

Fitz has the ability to be a top 5 WR but I'm not sure he is right now...top 10 I will give you though
fitz is definitely better than boldin.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:42 PM   #25
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,943
Default Re: Top 10 Nfl Qb's

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
Uhmm yes he is, he's far and away the most valuable asset to any team, IMO. Peyton has a rediculously good receiving core and a great OL...he simply doesn't do as much as LT can for a team...block, run, throw, catch...what else do you want? Manning can't scramble, he's the best pocket QB in the league and one of the greatest QB's of all-time, only problem is...I think LT will end up being the greatest football player to ever play this game, and yes he will end up being better then Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Joe Brown and othrs...barring injury.


Rediculously? He's got a good receiving core, but as it's been proven before... the guy throwing the ball is far more crucial to the wide recievers success. See Randy Moss.

I think you misunderstand the word valuable with best overall player. Tomlinson can do a lot of things Peyton cannot.. but Peyton plays the QB position - the toughest one in sport.

He has the ball every snap - and makes the play call at the line of scrimmage. He dictates the game. He's basically an offensive co. out there on the field, calling blocking schemes, calling plays, etc during the actual pre-snap. Doesn't show up in any stat category, so it goes unnoticed in these kind of debates.

I compare it to Kobe & Duncan.

Kobe (Tomlinson) is a more skilled & talented player (Tomlinson can catch, run, block, throw on occasion), but Duncans (Peyton) strengths are more valuable to a team (playing the most valuable position in football, and being the best at it)

I believe Brady is more valuable to his team than Tomlinson, too.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:42 PM   #26
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Top 10 Nfl Qb's

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
fitz is definitely better than boldin.

well he wasn't last year...

I agree that he will probably be in the future though
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:47 PM   #27
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Top 10 Nfl Qb's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Rediculously? He's got a good receiving core, but as it's been proven before... the guy throwing the ball is far more crucial to the wide recievers success. See Randy Moss.

I think you misunderstand the word valuable with best overall player. Tomlinson can do a lot of things Peyton cannot.. but Peyton plays the QB position - the toughest one in sport.

He has the ball every snap - and makes the play call at the line of scrimmage. He dictates the game. He's basically an offensive co. out there on the field, calling blocking schemes, calling plays, etc during the actual pre-snap. Doesn't show up in any stat category, so it goes unnoticed in these kind of debates.

I compare it to Kobe & Duncan.

Kobe (Tomlinson) is a more skilled & talented player (Tomlinson can catch, run, block, throw on occasion), but Duncans (Peyton) strengths are more valuable to a team (playing the most valuable position in football, and being the best at it)

I believe Brady is more valuable to his team than Tomlinson, too.

after the regular season the Chargers were the favorites to win the SB...

they lost to the Pats in a close game that could have gone either way...

Peyton is a great QB but the fact remains that there are other great QBs out there....LT is becoming argueably the greatest RB of all time and if he has 2 or 3 more years similiar to the one he had last year I think he will be know as the greatest all time no question

did you know that the day after the Colts won the super bowl that Vegas odds still had the Chargers as the favorites to win in 2008?....the are the favs to win the super bowl in this coming up year and that should say something to you about who is more valueble
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:53 PM   #28
thekavorka
Good High School Starter
 
thekavorka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 721
Default Re: Top 10 Nfl Qb's

Even with LT, there is no ****ing way the Chargers are getting to the Super Bowl with Norv Turner as the Head Coach.

Super Bowl favorites should be Pats or Colts...again.

my top 10 QBs

1. Manning
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. McNabb
5. Palmer
6. Bulger
7. ROMO
8. Hasselbeck
9. Rivers
10. Pennington

Last edited by thekavorka : 04-11-2007 at 07:57 PM.
thekavorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:55 PM   #29
West-Side
Decent college freshman
 
West-Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,405
Default Re: Top 10 Nfl Qb's

So some cat gives me a link to the STATS of last season and claims my list is off, go do some homework PLEASE. TALENT for TALENT those 5 are the best receivers in the game, Steve Smith missed TWO games last season and still finished among the top 10 receivers...Owens is probably the most talented out of the bunch...Larry Fitz somebody said should be on the list, well yeah he's a great talent...but who the hell do you want me to take off? All of them deserve the spot above him, IMO. I think Boldin is a better WR then Larry anyways, but both are top 10 in this league no doubt...just don't see them being better then the 5 I have posted.

As far as the Joe Brown comment, yeah Ok he's a prestige RB I get it...don't act like he's never going to be surpassed...but maybe you should do some homework and see what LT is doing to all the RB records and the pace he's on...I never said he is or will be better, I said I THINK he will end up being the best RB of all time...he's a more versatile RB who already broke so many records and still has half a career left...I have no doubt about him finishing with the most TD and rushing yards among any RB in league history, and to top it off...he can do other things well.

Quote:
I believe Brady is more valuable to his team than Tomlinson, too.

Alot of people do, and that's why I didn't really have beef with your post...that's just your opinion.

Quote:
and Merriman is a defensive end not a linebacker....and he uses steriods so he should be off all lists

Ok if you want to be technical, he plays both positions...and cut it with the whole steroids crap, I bet you any money for the rest of his career...he'll be clean and put a licking on every QB of every team. I see a 20 sack season out of him, more then once. BEST defensive player in the game is between him and Julius. Both are freaks of nature.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:55 PM   #30
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,943
Default Re: Top 10 Nfl Qb's

Quote:
the are the favs to win the super bowl in this coming up year and that should say something to you about who is more valueble

No, it really doesn't.

It says more about the team they have around him. They flat out have some big playmakers on that team on both sides of the ball.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy