Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-11-2007, 02:52 PM   #16
baller42590
Chi Bulls 2010-2011

baller42590 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Top 10 Mcs (back In The Day And Now)

im not giving 50 or T.I. or any of the new guys i put up there any amount of respect that i give the originals i just like their style
baller42590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:53 PM   #17
Done_And_Done
D & D

Done_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

AND SECONDLY, NO i will not chill out because its people that support bull***** music that has made the game what it has become today. And I will burry anyone that wants to converse or debate as to why the state of hiphop isnt half of what it was 10 years ago or let alone 5. Music is naturally supposed to evolve and grow into a stronger form... Elevate!!
Not this genre man... It has taken the opposite route and for obvious reason...
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:00 PM   #18
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Hiphop is a dieing breed and anyone who cant see that the substance in the music has faded is blinder the Mr. Wonder.

reminds of a comment I recently read from Chuck D

He was comparing Hip-hop and sports and he said he wished hip-hop had some controls like Basketball does.. Because in Basketball, even when people say Kobe sucks or Iverson is not a good player, when that person actually goes to a game and sits in the front row up close, they will witness and admit that Kobe or AI is doing something that they themselves cannot get out there and do...where as with rap and some of these rappers these days, the closer you get to the stage at rap show, you realize you can do what alot of these dudes do and probably do it better

Rappers today have seen they can still get paid even when they dont live up to the standard that the best rappers have set...it hurts the game as a whole
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:23 PM   #19
Done_And_Done
D & D

Done_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
reminds of a comment I recently read from Chuck D

He was comparing Hip-hop and sports and he said he wished hip-hop had some controls like Basketball does.. Because in Basketball, even when people say Kobe sucks or Iverson is not a good player, when that person actually goes to a game and sits in the front row up close, they will witness and admit that Kobe or AI is doing something that they themselves cannot get out there and do...where as with rap and some of these rappers these days, the closer you get to the stage at rap show, you realize you can do what alot of these dudes do and probably do it better

Rappers today have seen they can still get paid even when they dont live up to the standard that the best rappers have set...it hurts the game as a whole

Well said man and I turly couldnt agree any more... The game has converted into an open gateway to make an easy buck and its not just a buck were talking about, its millions. And this pains me cause at the end of the day and in most industries the dollar bill will always outshadow the passion... Theres soooo many figures to blame for this gradual demise in hiphop and much of the blame is directed to those working behind the curtains. The music reps, the sponsers, the label managment all have an individual partaking in what we see today but to them its just a buisness where to the average cat whos lives & loves the music its more then just the 14.99$ he pays for a record.

And your absolutley on point and correct about the NBA - HipHop theory that Chuck D envisioned... F*ck man, half the drunken freestyles that I slurr out with my dudes murders 70% of the gutter you see on BET or hear out on your radio now a days AND I DONT EVEN RHYME MAN... And dont even get me started on the videos

Last edited by Done_And_Done : 04-11-2007 at 03:26 PM.
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:10 PM   #20
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

Pac
Big
Rakim
Nas
Eminem
Jay Z
Canibus
Big Pun
Run DMC
Big Daddy Kane
KRS One
Kool G Rap
Ice Cube
Big L
Talib Kweli
Common
Mos Def
Chuck D

That's 15 rappers you can't hate, if I really had to make a top 10 list.

1. Pac
2. Big
3. Rakim
4. Eminem
5. Nas
6. KRS One
7. Big Daddy Kane
8. Canibus
9. Chuck D
10. Jay Z

Probably something similar to that...I'm not including underground either, cause I'm sure half of you don't even know those guy...hence some of you actually included 50 in your list, bunch of mainstream cats.

Last edited by West-Side : 04-12-2007 at 03:46 PM.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:48 PM   #21
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation

you cant complain bout Em tho...he the best white rapper ever....
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:02 PM   #22
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by STelfair31
1. Pac
2. Biggie
3. Run Dmc
4. Eminem
5. Big L
6. T.I.
7. Lil Wayne
8. Bone Thugz and Harmony
9. Big Daddy Kane
10. 50 Cent (GRODT)....i still love his music but GRODT put him at # 10

JUST MISSED THE CUT
11. Snoop Dogg
12. Ol' Dirty Bastard
Your list is horrible. You suck at life, and hip-hop knowledge.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:04 PM   #23
STelfair31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
Your list is horrible. You suck at life, and hip-hop knowledge.

hahahha c'mon mah..... what you kno bout hip-hop??? n1gg@
Old 04-12-2007, 01:14 PM   #24
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far

*exit and slams door*
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:46 PM   #25
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by STelfair31
hahahha c'mon mah..... what you kno bout hip-hop??? n1gg@
First of all I was kidding but the "life" part, don't go and commit suicide. But you made a list of top MC's and included people like 50 cent, T.I. and crap like that.

Where is KRS-One, Rakim, Jay-Z, Nas, Immortal Technique, Talib Kweli, Mos Def? Your hip hop knowledge is just severly lacking, that's all.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:44 PM   #26
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation

10. Scarface
09. Big Pun
08. Redman
07. GZA
06. Canibus
05. Big L
04. KRS-One
03. Ice Cube
02. Nas
01. Rakim
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:46 PM   #27
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

10. Scarface
09. Big Pun
08. Redman
07. GZA
06. Canibus
05. Big L
04. KRS-One
03. Ice Cube
02. Nas
01. Rakim

I will never take a list seriously if they have Ice Cube at 3 and Pac no where in their top 10...I think me and you are the only ones to include Canibus, kinda sad.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:50 PM   #28
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Canibus is on point, but LL Cool J still made him look like the d-ryder he is...
Old 04-12-2007, 03:58 PM   #29
STelfair31

no love for pac
Old 04-12-2007, 04:28 PM   #30
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Big Pun was a beast.

Anybody remember that album by AMG called "Give a dog a bone?" I had it on tape and can't find it on CD. I loved that joint.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: