Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-11-2007, 07:54 PM   #1
-primetime-

Default OT: Raiders rumored to take Calvin Johnson

heard it on Dallas sports radio a few minutes ago...

apparently Al wants to take Calvin Johnson and any time Russell's name is brought up he says "we have the number one pick, why would we pass on the number one player in the draft?"

they are also saying that the Raiders are concered with Russell's weight and don't want to pay a ton of money on a QB that is a gamble that big and they can take a decent QB in the top of the second round for cheap...(stanton or smith)

there are also rumors that this is going cause a huge drop in Adrian Peterson's stock and that some mocks now have him going all the way to the #12 pick...can you imagine if Peterson fell to Houston and they decide to pass up on him after they passed on Bush and Young last year?..the fans would cause a riot...

man I can't wait till the draft...
Old 04-11-2007, 07:56 PM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: OT: Raiders rumored to take Calvin Johnson

Why post this here? Its just gonna get moved like the recent "OT" topics especially since this isnt major, breaking sports news.

Anyway this is called posturing. Why put any more into it than that?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:57 PM   #3
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't know much about the draft class because I don't watch college football, but how many times have the Raiders passed up on a QB. Breese, Rivers, Leinart and now another QB? Eh, I'll rather take my chances of finding a good WR in the 2nd round, then pass on a potential Franchise QB.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:00 PM   #4
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Why post this here? Its just gonna get moved like the recent "OT" topics especially since this isnt major, breaking sports news.

Anyway this is called posturing. Why put any more into it than that?

by far the biggest news of the day....maybe the entire week...it is all they are talking about on the radio right now...
Old 04-11-2007, 08:02 PM   #5
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
I don't know much about the draft class because I don't watch college football, but how many times have the Raiders passed up on a QB. Breese, Rivers, Leinart and now another QB? Eh, I'll rather take my chances of finding a good WR in the 2nd round, then pass on a potential Franchise QB.

yeah I hear you but the Raiders would have to pay a ton for a QB and not nearly as much for a WR...and Calvin is a freak of nature and probablly the least risky player in the draft...

he is also considered the best player in the draft...

it is a tough one for them, but they may be making the right decision here
Old 04-11-2007, 08:06 PM   #6
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

deal the pick. Id take calvin because i dont really trust either of the qbs and either would get killed behind that oline but id look to deal the pick first. the simple solution would have been to draft him and sign david carr but they didnt do that.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:06 PM   #7
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

i dont know about taking receivers so early in the draft. its one of the easier positions to fill and a lot of times they dont pan out. the three top receivers in the NFL, chad johnson (2nd rd), steve smith (3rd rd), terrell owens (3rd rd)
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:11 PM   #8
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
deal the pick. Id take calvin because i dont really trust either of the qbs and either would get killed behind that oline but id look to deal the pick first. the simple solution would have been to draft him and sign david carr but they didnt do that.

well there are rumors that Moss might refuse to play as a Raider and Calvin would be great insurance for that...

they need to get a decent deal for Moss....they might be able to get one more 2nd round pick for him or something to heklp out that o-line
Old 04-11-2007, 08:12 PM   #9
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
i dont know about taking receivers so early in the draft. its one of the easier positions to fill and a lot of times they dont pan out. the three top receivers in the NFL, chad johnson (2nd rd), steve smith (3rd rd), terrell owens (3rd rd)

I don't agree that those are the top 3 but they are close enough to make your piont...

there are plenty of great recivers to come out of the first round...Moss was the greatest a few years back...
Old 04-11-2007, 08:17 PM   #10
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Adrian Peterson's stock and that some mocks now have him going all the way to the #12 pick

Damn shame.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:19 PM   #11
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Raiders can trade down and land CJ. Doesnt make sense. Who is the Raiders QB? Oh they dont have one. Smart move.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:21 PM   #12
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Damn shame.

I know....if Houston passes on him then....wow....just wow

that would cause a huge gasp across the entire nation
Old 04-11-2007, 08:22 PM   #13
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
I know....if Houston passes on him then....wow....just wow

that would cause a huge gasp across the entire nation

If Clevland passes on him.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:23 PM   #14
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Raiders can trade down and land CJ. Doesnt make sense. Who is the Raiders QB? Oh they dont have one. Smart move.

they are saying that there will be a number of decent prospects at thetop of the second round...drew stanton and troy smith

that would be much less expensive for them as well
Old 04-11-2007, 08:24 PM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
they are saying that there will be a number of decent prospects at thetop of the second round...drew stanton and troy smith

that would be much less expensive for them as well

Troy Smith? This is bigtime posturing. I'm not buying it one bit.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: