Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-11-2007, 08:37 PM   #1
Yaosonegoodear
Banned

Yaosonegoodear has no real reputation yet.
Default "David Lee is the best player on the knicks"

According to Greg Anthony and Stephen A. Smith (who also said that Jalen Rose and Kurt Thomas agree). Do you Knicks fans agree or disagree?
Yaosonegoodear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:51 PM   #2
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: "David Lee is the best player on the knicks"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaosonegoodear
According to Greg Anthony and Stephen A. Smith (who also said that Jalen Rose and Kurt Thomas agree). Do you Knicks fans agree or disagree?

I agree. I know that if he were healthy the Knicks' chances to make the playoffs would have improved greatly. He was the guy that would make thing happen.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:00 PM   #3
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

i remember rose saying it. i view it more as something whos trying to make a statement would say. rose and thomas are former knicks who probably left with bad tastes in their mouths and thomas didnt like marbury. hes not the best player on the team, he just works the hardest.
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:21 PM   #4
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

I don't think he's the best player, not right now.

I do think he works the hardest on the court along with Balkman.

In the next 2 years if he makes strides in certain area's of the game he might be the Knicks best player, but not now.

He needs first to make that 15 foot jumper so that the defense respects him and doesn't triple team Curry.

Next he needs to work on some post up moves, which he will. since he can use both hands he will be very hard to guard.

He will get that jumper because he can shoot, he shoots a good percentage on his free throws. He just doesn't have the confidence, he has the technique.

To take his game highest level he must hit the 3. He said he was going to work on it.

If he does all of that he will best one of the best in the league not only the Knicks.

Frye has all of the same abilities if not more but does not have Lee's heart.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:09 AM   #5
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Reasons why Lee IS the best player on the Knicks.
1. He's the only player on the team to grab 10 boards and he's a power forward.
2. He's one of the few Knicks who doesn't have an attitude problem and does everything for the sole purpose of winning. The guy comes off the bench and gets 29 minutes, yet he doesn't say a word of complaint.

3. He leads the team in FG%, is 3rd in FT%.

Sure, it could be argued that players like Marbury or Crawford are the best players, but scorers are a dime a dozen in this league. Eddie Curry doesn't give that consistent effort on both ends of the floor.

edit: in looking at the stats, David Lee in 58 games STILL has more total rebounds (602) then Eddie does in 77 games (542).

Last edited by haterofhaters : 04-12-2007 at 12:15 AM.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:38 AM   #6
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far

I don't know if you could say he is the "best player on the team" yet. He does not have enough of an offensive game just yet to be considered the best player. I agree that if he works hard on a jumpshot that he has the potential to be the best player on the team

At this point I dont care about him being the best I care more about that they are able to diagnose what is wrong with his foot, before this ends up hurting his career.

As a side note I respect the opinion of most of the posters on this forum more than Stephen A. Smith's, that guy is a joke.

Last edited by TheOakman : 04-12-2007 at 08:41 AM.
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:29 PM   #7
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That's just a scary thought. A 10/10 player who's a 6th man is considered are best player? I don't think so..........
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:37 PM   #8
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
That's just a scary thought. A 10/10 player who's a 6th man is considered are best player? I don't think so..........
David Lee IMO is a poor man's Dwight Howard. No, he doesn't have the freakish athleticism but he does have the same type of game. So, he would be able to average probably about 18-11 if he were a starter and they ran plays for him as opposed to just making his points on put backs.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:36 PM   #9
denver all day
Can barely lace up my sneakers

denver all day has an OK reputation so far

how can he be the best player and he dosent even start he's a sixth man i hate the knick they make new york look bad but ill say jamal crawford is the best player on the knicks
denver all day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:28 PM   #10
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
David Lee IMO is a poor man's Dwight Howard. No, he doesn't have the freakish athleticism but he does have the same type of game. So, he would be able to average probably about 18-11 if he were a starter and they ran plays for him as opposed to just making his points on put backs.

I am a big David Lee fan, but David Lee can in no way be compared to Dwight Howard. Dwight Howard is a beast who has been getting better every year and has so much more potential.

David Lee at this point has to improve his offensive game and develop a shot in order to reach that next level or he will just stay a 10-10 guy(which is still not a bad thing)
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:49 PM   #11
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far

Curry > Lee
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:43 PM   #12
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOakman
I am a big David Lee fan, but David Lee can in no way be compared to Dwight Howard. Dwight Howard is a beast who has been getting better every year and has so much more potential.

David Lee at this point has to improve his offensive game and develop a shot in order to reach that next level or he will just stay a 10-10 guy(which is still not a bad thing)
If the guy can shoot over 80% from the line and 60% from the field, i'm sure he can be more than a 10 ppg guy.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:24 PM   #13
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
If the guy can shoot over 80% from the line and 60% from the field, i'm sure he can be more than a 10 ppg guy.

do u watch him play? hes shooting 60% bc all his points come from putbacks, layups and dunks. he has no shot at all. hes one of those guys where you figure hes going to miss everytime he attempts a jumper(we have a few on this team). hje doesnt have a post game either. but with his work ethic he could develiop these areas, as he has been workin on his jumper during his injury.
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:49 PM   #14
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
do u watch him play? hes shooting 60% bc all his points come from putbacks, layups and dunks. he has no shot at all. hes one of those guys where you figure hes going to miss everytime he attempts a jumper(we have a few on this team). hje doesnt have a post game either. but with his work ethic he could develiop these areas, as he has been workin on his jumper during his injury.
So why is it such a bad comparison for me to have said he's a poor man's Dwight Howard?

Also, if he has no shot, how does he shoot over 80% from the line?
Old 04-12-2007, 08:52 PM   #15
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15

Bingo. His post game isn't great, his jumpshot is decent, and to the dude saying he would average 18 points not going to happen. Lee is a great big man to have off the bench, but to expect more of him isn't really being fair.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: