Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-11-2007, 09:38 PM   #16
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

RandomBalla55 has decent reputation
Default Re: OT: Felix hernandez is DEALIN!

He would've been better last year if Seattle let him throw his slider..

Seattle preserved him for two years so he could work on his other stuff.. his slider is RIDICULOUS. It's his best pitch by far.
RandomBalla55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:40 PM   #17
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomBalla55
He would've been better last year if Seattle let him throw his slider..

Seattle preserved him for two years so he could work on his other stuff.. his slider is RIDICULOUS. It's his best pitch by far.
his slider is good but his high fastball/curveball combo are his best two pitches.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:45 PM   #18
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
its over. 1 hit shutout with 6 ks. hes a beast.

Ever heard of Taylor Bucholtz, the guy who threw a few 2 and 3 hitters last year. He did it against good offensive teams like the Cardinals, Rangers and Reds. Not to say the guy won't be a good pitcher but many pitchers have good games.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:46 PM   #19
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

RandomBalla55 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsatyr
Ever heard of Taylor Bucholtz, the guy who threw a few 2 and 3 hitters last year. He did it against good offensive teams like the Cardinals and Reds. Not to say the guy won't be a good pitcher but many pitchers have good games.

Taylor Bucholz isn't even close to being as touted as King Felix is.

I know that's not the point your trying to make.. but Felix Hernandez is touted to be RIDICULOUS. Taylor Bucholz can barely make the Rockies.
RandomBalla55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:52 PM   #20
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsatyr
Ever heard of Taylor Bucholtz, the guy who threw a few 2 and 3 hitters last year. He did it against good offensive teams like the Cardinals, Rangers and Reds. Not to say the guy won't be a good pitcher but many pitchers have good games.
im a rangers fan(and they arent very good offensively, thats a misnomer because they used to be) i know who bucholtz is. its not remotely the same. king felix has the best stuff of any prospect since well i cant remember a prospect with better stuff. he just turned 21. he throws 98 fairly consistently, he has a top 2 or 3 curveball and slider in all of baseball. you add those to that fastball and a decent changeup along with a good makeup and solid athletecism and its nearly impossible to see him failing for any reason other than injury. i know the term cant miss prospect is overused but thats just what he is.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:52 PM   #21
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Ever heard of Taylor Bucholtz, the guy who threw a few 2 and 3 hitters last year. He did it against good offensive teams like the Cardinals and Reds. Not to say the guy won't be a good pitcher but many pitchers have good games.

Buchholz isn't even in the same arena when it comes to quality of pitches, and only has 1 CG where he gave up 5 hits, so you're off there. You don't pitch in the majors at 19 unless you have A+ stuff, and Felix has it. Comparing him to Buchholz is a joke.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:58 PM   #22
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Buchholz isn't even in the same arena when it comes to quality of pitches, and only has 1 CG where he gave up 5 hits, so you're off there. You don't pitch in the majors at 19 unless you have A+ stuff, and Felix has it. Comparing him to Buchholz is a joke.

My only point was that one game means nothing as of now. Taylor not being a good pitcher was the point I was making so quit putting words in my mouth.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:00 PM   #23
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation

I like Dice-K but long live the king. that boy is filthy.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:04 PM   #24
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Difference is Buchholz was a guy who was getting lucky, he had an extremely low BIPA to begin the season and Felix is a guy who has awesome stuff and a legitimate chance to be a great pitcher. If your point is, he could burn out despite the talent, OK, but bringing up Buchholz wasn't the way to do it.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:15 PM   #25
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

^ He didn't get lucky, he has good stuff but he never was consistent. He was not mentally strong enough bc he would break down and you could see it in his face. When he started good he did great but when he did bad, he really did bad.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:45 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Best pitcher in baseall is Roy Oswalt. Few others I take over Felix. Felix has an entire season to have me add him to the top pitchers.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:48 PM   #27
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Best pitcher?

Johan Santana takes that. If the voters weren't dumb he'd have 3 straight Cy Young awards right now. I'd take Halladay over Oswalt as well.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:49 PM   #28
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Best pitcher?

Johan Santana takes that. If the voters weren't dumb he'd have 3 straight Cy Young awards right now. I'd take Halladay over Oswalt as well.

I would rather have Oswalt.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:53 PM   #29
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd consider Carlos Zambrano over Oswalt as well. Slightly different pitchers though. Zambrano is wild but near unhittable. Oswalt definetly gives up more contact but has excellent control.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:55 PM   #30
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I'd consider Carlos Zambrano over Oswalt as well. Slightly different pitchers though. Zambrano is wild but near unhittable. Oswalt definetly gives up more contact but has excellent control.

I wouldn't consider him at all. Oswalt also pitches at MMP, a relatively small ball park except for center field.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: