Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2007, 12:46 PM   #61
dgilbert
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 232
dgilbert has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Jason Whitlock speaks the TRUTH!!! (article -- MUST READ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ne50
Shapton went after 50 about two weeks about. Ban 50 Cent anyoue? it was all over the internet for two weeks straight. I have a lot of respect for Al Sharpton anyone who puts their life, reputation, and career on the line for others gets my utmost respect. As far as what you say about rap music. I'm tired of it too. I need cleansing myself if you know what I mean. But as far as leadiing the charge against racism I only see black leaders doing so. Alone they can only do so much. I would like to see leaders from other races leading the charge also. They only speakout, when something of this nature gets attention.

And later for all the people on the sidelines who has never stood up for anyone. Who has Jason Whitlock helped out? What does he stand for, he'll fall for anything as the saying goes. Just throw a twinky on the ground and watch him yell FUMBLE!
some great points there.
dgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:23 PM   #62
MaxFly
Stylin' on you
 
MaxFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 8,393
MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board
Default Re: Jason Whitlock speaks the TRUTH!!! (article -- MUST READ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
As a person in the media he can't really be that misinformed, can he? Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton both have continually made efforts to clean up rap music and attack the problem from our own backyard as he put it.

I'd really like to hear what Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have said on the issue. If you have a link, I'd really appreciate it. I was watching Hardball last night, and Bob Johnson (Bobcats and previously BET) called in to complain about how derogatory Don Imus's statments were... This is Bob Johnson of BET...

If I recall correctly, when Bill Cosby really got vocal concerning the derogatory and denigrating imagery young African Americans are exposed to and grow up with, much of the black community through him under the bus. I don't recall Jesse or Al vociferously supporting him.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:33 PM   #63
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,501
Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Jason Whitlock speaks the TRUTH!!! (article -- MUST READ)

Bob Johnson sold BET a while back
Quote:
If I recall correctly, when Bill Cosby really got vocal concerning the derogatory and denigrating imagery young African Americans are exposed to and grow up with, much of the black community through him under the bus. I don't recall Jesse or Al vociferously supporting him.

like 150 said... Sharpton will stand with you...He'll go to jail with you... He'll get stabbed while marching for your rights..

cant question his integrity...I dont see others standing like him..

Bill Cosby aint on that level... He's not a guy you go to for support... He's always been on the periphery (sp) of civil rights activities, but he isnt what Sharpton or Jackson purport to be... And for the record I really respect Al and not so much Jesse anymore....

Al is serious dude and he will put his time & money where his mouth is

Last edited by Rasheed1 : 04-12-2007 at 02:01 PM.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:01 PM   #64
knicks15
Local High School Star
 
knicks15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,086
knicks15 has decent reputation
Default Re: Jason Whitlock speaks the TRUTH!!! (article -- MUST READ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
When have Sharpton or Jackason EVER protested outside Snoop Dogg's recording company? Where were they with their protest signs when 50 Cent was releasing a new album? I guess it's cool for BLACK people to call BLACK women "b*tches" and "h0's" right?

cuz snoop and 50 arent white
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:11 PM   #65
0ne50
Local High School Star
 
0ne50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 878
0ne50 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jason Whitlock speaks the TRUTH!!! (article -- MUST READ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
cuz snoop and 50 arent white
In a press conference before the rally, Reverend Al Sharpton joined Czar Entertainment President Bryce Wilson and Cynthia Reed in an act of public grievance for an alleged assault on Reed's 14-year-old son by G-Unit's Tony Yayo. Along with other parents and community leaders, they issued a call to action to advocate against artists and industry executives who use violence to sell records. link
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:21 PM   #66
knicks15
Local High School Star
 
knicks15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,086
knicks15 has decent reputation
Default Re: Jason Whitlock speaks the TRUTH!!! (article -- MUST READ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ne50
In a press conference before the rally, Reverend Al Sharpton joined Czar Entertainment President Bryce Wilson and Cynthia Reed in an act of public grievance for an alleged assault on Reed's 14-year-old son by G-Unit's Tony Yayo. Along with other parents and community leaders, they issued a call to action to advocate against artists and industry executives who use violence to sell records. link

and? i think it was jimmy henchmans son. and i know he was black.
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:59 PM   #67
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year
 
DatZNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,845
DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Jason Whitlock speaks the TRUTH!!! (article -- MUST READ)

Quote:
I'd really like to hear what Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have said on the issue. If you have a link, I'd really appreciate it. I was watching Hardball last night, and Bob Johnson (Bobcats and previously BET) called in to complain about how derogatory Don Imus's statments were...
On the Imus issue or you want me to find transcripts of any of his speeches reference rap music?
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:10 PM   #68
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,215
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jason Whitlock speaks the TRUTH!!! (article -- MUST READ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
and? i think it was jimmy henchmans son. and i know he was black.

You make a dumb comment about saying "...because snoop and 50 arent white" then you are proven wrong and shut up when 50 cent hypeman tony yayo and his crew slapped up jimmy henchmans teenage son (manager of Game who has had a fued with G-Unit). Russell Simmons, Al Sharpton among others spoke out against what happened. Russell went as far as to say stop supporting G Unit records in a protest because he didnt like the fact a grown man put his hands on a kid. Tony Yayo was arrested for the incident.

Everyone I named is BLACK. None of them white except maybe the officers who arrested Tony Yayo. So now whats your counter? Whats your excuse?

Exactly you keep your mouth shut over there ok kid? Thanks
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:32 PM   #69
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,215
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jason Whitlock speaks the TRUTH!!! (article -- MUST READ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta
All I know is that Imus' comments weren't that big a f*cking deal nor should they have been made out to be. Worse can be seen and heard on tv & radio in other places on a daily basis. Seriously, were the comments that big a deal?

Nappy headed hos? Grow the f*ck up. Are you ****ting me? Worse slurs are uttered on this board 20 times a day.

Damn it man... the media is in desperate need of a story.

PS, anyone who gets offended by his comments is a retarded nappy headed ho.

Signed the sheltered caucasian.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:25 PM   #70
mid80sjordan
High School JV MVP
 
mid80sjordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: the dirty.
Posts: 463
mid80sjordan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jason Whitlock speaks the TRUTH!!! (article -- MUST READ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
Maybe they have spoken out against it but it hasnt been loud enough. What Imus did is a small thing in the grand scheme. It should open up a big forum within the black communtiy and between blacks and whites.

Imus should be dealt with accordingly...I say fire him and drag him through the media but thats just my opinion.

Actually i dont really care what happens to imus. I want this to open up discussion about why it is ok for rappers to totally degrade black women. This issue has to be brought up and now is as good a time as any. Like Chris Rock said a long time ago there is like a civil war in the black communty.

Honestly I cant stand most rappers and find them ignorant and hypocritical. Someone needs to calll them out on the damage they have done to the black community. But every1 seems scared too, I thought Opera was gonna do it but even she backed off(prob scared she would be called a sell out).

I dont see how us as a people arent hurt when we see our sisters and daughters singing and songs about women being h*** and b****.

Id be more impressed if Sharpton went after 50 cent and Ludacris than what he is doing now because the impact would be so much bigger. It might not be PC to say but blacks are behind the eight ball and progress is occurring to slow. Someone needs to step up and start a change.
good for you*thumbs up*
mid80sjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:26 PM   #71
mid80sjordan
High School JV MVP
 
mid80sjordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: the dirty.
Posts: 463
mid80sjordan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jason Whitlock speaks the TRUTH!!! (article -- MUST READ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Signed the sheltered caucasian.
what the f uck do you know about him? you are scared of the truth too. it's quite sad, actually.

grow up. pull your head out of your ass, and learn
mid80sjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:31 PM   #72
mid80sjordan
High School JV MVP
 
mid80sjordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: the dirty.
Posts: 463
mid80sjordan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jason Whitlock speaks the TRUTH!!! (article -- MUST READ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Bob Johnson sold BET a while back

like 150 said... Sharpton will stand with you...He'll go to jail with you... He'll get stabbed while marching for your rights..

cant question his integrity...I dont see others standing like him..

Bill Cosby aint on that level... He's not a guy you go to for support... He's always been on the periphery (sp) of civil rights activities, but he isnt what Sharpton or Jackson purport to be... And for the record I really respect Al and not so much Jesse anymore....

Al is serious dude and he will put his time & money where his mouth is
cause cosby doesn't do that s hit for publicity

when have they ever done anything that wasn't publicized. f uck that. and i'm not getting into an arguement about them, so don't try.


why can't people see that they are just pimping people (kinda like the government)?


i'm sick of the trust put in these "leaders". and not just f ucking jesse jackson and al sharpton. all leaders. i guess i have to name some white ones now or i will be racist. okay- how about every president?

as long as people don't do anything to educate themselves, nothing is going to get better. thing is, a lot of people don't have that opportunity. so tell everyone to go whine about the public education system, which is the real problem in this country. not some old f ucking white guy that looks like father time or something
mid80sjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:34 PM   #73
mid80sjordan
High School JV MVP
 
mid80sjordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: the dirty.
Posts: 463
mid80sjordan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jason Whitlock speaks the TRUTH!!! (article -- MUST READ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Signed the sheltered caucasian.
that's such an easy cop-out

f ucking disgusting
mid80sjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:45 PM   #74
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,215
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jason Whitlock speaks the TRUTH!!! (article -- MUST READ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mid80sjordan
what the f uck do you know about him? you are scared of the truth too. it's quite sad, actually.

grow up. pull your head out of your ass, and learn

Yeah grow up...lets disect his post (the irony you claiming someone needs to grow up, guess you were too late to tell Imus and Vendetta that )


Quote:
All I know is that Imus' comments weren't that big a f*cking deal nor should they have been made out to be

Imus is a old white man whose audience is majority white males. He used ignorant comments that was racial and sexist about woman he had no clue about. Turns out thier educational background refutes all the ignorant comments attatched to them. But its ok to once again target woman, call them out thier name for people to sit back and laugh. Same show that has targeted many others in an ignorant way.

Quote:
Worse can be seen and heard on tv & radio in other places on a daily basis.

A todder gets shot by a stray bullet. I wanna say its sad but kids are dying overseas and in South America as i type. So who cares, is the toddlers loss of life that big of a deal? Heck people die everyday, whats one more.

That my friend is typical of someone who thinks everything can be countered. So because tv/radio have had worst things said on them then Imus comments arent that bad? First give examples, cite things so people can look/read and reference them too. You throw out blank statements for what? Oh do to the typical "I'll counter everything said in here".

Quote:
Nappy headed hos? Grow the f*ck up. Are you ****ting me? Worse slurs are uttered on this board 20 times a day.

Grow the f*ck up? How about you tell Imus that. How about you grow up downplaying the seriousness of it all? What is said on this board is a microscopic view compared to Imus show. Check the demographics, check how many viewers, listeners tune into his show. Its huge...its a reason why major sponsers throw thier commericials on his show. And Imus is a major reason why he has had job secuity since the early 70's because he brings in bigtime rating and bigtime dollars. Only reason he was banned is because those bigtime dollars? People started pulling thier money off the table...in fact some did and others threatened in a "him or us" approach.

Grow up? How many times has Imus right hand man been fired and rehired for his ignorant remarks? How come he never grew up? These are old white men.

R U Serious? Seems not.

Quote:
Damn it man... the media is in desperate need of a story.

Imus is the media...he put himself on blast. No one else.

Quote:
PS, anyone who gets offended by his comments is a retarded nappy headed ho.

Same guy who told the board to Grow the F*ck up right? Hilarious.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mid80sjordan
what the f uck do you know about him? you are scared of the truth too. it's quite sad, actually.

grow up. pull your head out of your ass, and learn

Now you were saying kid? Since I need to grow up...I'll try too while you attemp to refute what i said about the kid you defended. Take your time.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:48 PM   #75
mid80sjordan
High School JV MVP
 
mid80sjordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: the dirty.
Posts: 463
mid80sjordan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jason Whitlock speaks the TRUTH!!! (article -- MUST READ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Yeah grow up...lets disect his post (the irony you claiming someone needs to grow up, guess you were too late to tell Imus and Vendetta that )




Imus is a old white man whose audience is majority white males. He used ignorant comments that was racial and sexist about woman he had no clue about. Turns out thier educational background refutes all the ignorant comments attatched to them. But its ok to once again target woman, call them out thier name for people to sit back and laugh. Same show that has targeted many others in an ignorant way.



A todder gets shot by a stray bullet. I wanna say its sad but kids are dying overseas and in South America as i type. So who cares, is the toddlers loss of life that big of a deal? Heck people die everyday, whats one more.

That my friend is typical of someone who thinks everything can be countered. So because tv/radio have had worst things said on them then Imus comments arent that bad? First give examples, cite things so people can look/read and reference them too. You throw out blank statements for what? Oh do to the typical "I'll counter everything said in here".



Grow the f*ck up? How about you tell Imus that. How about you grow up downplaying the seriousness of it all? What is said on this board is a microscopic view compared to Imus show. Check the demographics, check how many viewers, listeners tune into his show. Its huge...its a reason why major sponsers throw thier commericials on his show. And Imus is a major reason why he has had job secuity since the early 70's because he brings in bigtime rating and bigtime dollars. Only reason he was banned is because those bigtime dollars? People started pulling thier money off the table...in fact some did and others threatened in a "him or us" approach.

Grow up? How many times has Imus right hand man been fired and rehired for his ignorant remarks? How come he never grew up? These are old white men.

R U Serious? Seems not.



Imus is the media...he put himself on blast. No one else.



Same guy who told the board to Grow the F*ck up right? Hilarious.




Now you were saying kid? Since I need to grow up...I'll try too while you attemp to refute what i said about the kid you defended. Take your time.

actually i didn't read any of the **** before mine except yours because it was the last. i am defending no one, either way. anyway you want to put it. that's not the point anyway... i hope you see that

edit: and you can call me kid if you want, but i'd rather you just think about what i said. this isn't some dumb personal bulls hit.

it really is a serious issue in our country. the public is just simply not informed. not nearly enough as they should be. this is what we need to fight before anything else.

Last edited by mid80sjordan : 04-12-2007 at 04:51 PM.
mid80sjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:09 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy