Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-12-2007, 08:26 PM   #76
Vendetta
Banned

Vendetta has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jason Whitlock speaks the TRUTH!!! (article -- MUST READ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Yeah grow up...lets disect his post (the irony you claiming someone needs to grow up, guess you were too late to tell Imus and Vendetta that )

Imus is a old white man whose audience is majority white males. He used ignorant comments that was racial and sexist about woman he had no clue about. Turns out thier educational background refutes all the ignorant comments attatched to them. But its ok to once again target woman, call them out thier name for people to sit back and laugh. Same show that has targeted many others in an ignorant way.

A todder gets shot by a stray bullet. I wanna say its sad but kids are dying overseas and in South America as i type. So who cares, is the toddlers loss of life that big of a deal? Heck people die everyday, whats one more.

That my friend is typical of someone who thinks everything can be countered. So because tv/radio have had worst things said on them then Imus comments arent that bad? First give examples, cite things so people can look/read and reference them too. You throw out blank statements for what? Oh do to the typical "I'll counter everything said in here".

Grow the f*ck up? How about you tell Imus that. How about you grow up downplaying the seriousness of it all? What is said on this board is a microscopic view compared to Imus show. Check the demographics, check how many viewers, listeners tune into his show. Its huge...its a reason why major sponsers throw thier commericials on his show. And Imus is a major reason why he has had job secuity since the early 70's because he brings in bigtime rating and bigtime dollars. Only reason he was banned is because those bigtime dollars? People started pulling thier money off the table...in fact some did and others threatened in a "him or us" approach.

Grow up? How many times has Imus right hand man been fired and rehired for his ignorant remarks? How come he never grew up? These are old white men.

R U Serious? Seems not.

Imus is the media...he put himself on blast. No one else.

Same guy who told the board to Grow the F*ck up right? Hilarious.

Now you were saying kid? Since I need to grow up...I'll try too while you attemp to refute what i said about the kid you defended. Take your time.

I heard someone on TV just today say that he hoped the person he was talking to died simply because they disagreed with him.

Where's the outrage over that? Oh that's right, there isn't any.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:29 PM   #77
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta
I heard someone on TV just today say that he hoped the person he was talking to died simply because they disagreed with him.

Where's the outrage over that? Oh that's right, there isn't any.

I heard someone shouting racial slurs out in the street. Where was the outrage over that? Oh thats right, there isnt any.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:41 PM   #78
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Shaun Powell Shaun Powell
SPORTS COLUMNIST
It's more than just Imus
April 12, 2007
In retrospect, outraged people shouldn't have united and screamed "blank you" to Don Imus the last few days. No, instead, we should've stuck out our hand and said, "Thank you."

We should feel indebted to a shriveled, unfunny, insensitive frog for being so ignorant that he actually did us all a favor. He woke society the hell up. He grabbed it by the throat, shook hard and ordered us to take a long, critical look at ourselves and the mess we've made and ignored for much too long. He made us examine the culture and the characters we've created for ourselves, our impressionable young people and our future.

Had Imus not called a bunch of proud and innocent young women "nappy-headed hos," would we be as ashamed of what we see as we are today?

Or, to quote Rutgers coach C. Vivian Stringer: "Have we really lost our moral fiber?"

And our minds as well?

I'm not sure if the last few days will serve as a watershed moment for this MTV, middle-finger, screw-you generation. Probably not, according to my hunch. A short time from now, the hysteria will turn to vapor, folks will settle back into their routines, somebody will pump up the volume on the latest poison produced by hip-hop while Al Sharpton and the other racial ambulance chasers will find other guilt-ridden white folks to shake for fame and cash. In five minutes, the entire episode of Imus and his strange idea of humor will be older than his hairstyle. Lessons learned will be lessons forgotten.

I wish I were wrong about that last part. But I doubt it, because any minute now, black people will resume calling themselves *****es and hos and the N-word and in the ultimate sign of hypocrisy, neither Rutgers nor anyone else will call a news conference about that.

Because when we really get to the root of the problem, this isn't about Imus. This is about a culture we -- meaning black folks -- created and condoned and packaged for white power brokers to sell and shock jocks like Imus to exploit. Can we talk?

Tell me: Where did an old white guy like Imus learn the word "ho"?

Was that always part of his vocabulary? Or did he borrow it from Jay-Z and Dave Chappelle and Snoop Dogg?

What really disappointed me about that exhausting Rutgers news conference, which was slyly used as a recruiting pitch by Stringer, was the absence of the truth and the lack of backbone and courage. Black women had the perfect opportunity to lash out at their most dangerous oppressors -- black men -- and yet they kept the focus on a white guy.

It was a tremendous letdown for me, personally and professionally. I wanted Stringer, and especially her players, many of whom listen to rap and hip-hop, to take Nelly to task. Or BET. Or MTV. Or the gangsta culture that is suffocating our kids. They had the ear and eye of the nation trained upon them, and yet these women didn't get to the point and the root of the matter. They danced around it, and I guess I should've known better, because black people still refuse to lash out against those black people who are doing harm to us all.

Honestly, I wasn't holding my breath for Sharpton or Jesse Jackson, a pair of phony and self-appointed leaders, because they have their agendas and financial stakes. I was hoping 10 young women, who have nothing on the line, who are members of a young culture, would train their attention to within the race, name names and say enough is enough. But they didn't, and I was crushed.

You should walk around the playground and the elementary and high schools today and listen to how young black people speak to each other, treat each other and tease each other. You'd be ashamed. Next, sample some of their CDs and look at the video games they're playing. And while you're at it, blame yourself for funding this garbage, for allowing your kids to support these companies and for not taking a stand against it or the so-called artists making it happen.

Black folks, for whatever reason, can be their own worst enemy. The last several days, the media had us believe it was Don Imus. But deep down, we know better.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:09 PM   #79
Vendetta
Banned

Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
I heard someone shouting racial slurs out in the street. Where was the outrage over that? Oh thats right, there isnt any.

Exactly.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:13 PM   #80
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

That article has so many logical fallacies of its own as well though. So because they think black people disrespect themselves, that it's open season on them then for everyone else to do the same? That's about as lame as arguing with a cop that you weren't the only one speeding so you shouldn't get a ticket, or saying you shouldn't get jail for raping a female because look at how she was dressed, or saying I saw Girls Gone Wild. Every race and social group has its self deprecators, using the logic of that author we could just go around doing or saying whatever the hell we want to whomever the hell we want, then cop out by saying "well they say/do it too."
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:29 PM   #81
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Hannity and Combs only invite the dumbest black people on there show. There should really be an IQ cut off because this stupid comedian is getting annoying. If you arent going to be funny(if he was it would be a first) than shut up.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:12 PM   #82
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
Hannity and Combs only invite the dumbest black people on there show. There should really be an IQ cut off because this stupid comedian is getting annoying. If you arent going to be funny(if he was it would be a first) than shut up.
What's the point of having Combs? I always wanted to know if anybody else thought he is useless. Hannity goes hard for his party, no matter how stupid he looks/
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:05 AM   #83
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Another thing that is irking me is the these people trying to give history lessons on the word Ho and they got it wrong..

Shut the F*ck up if you dont know what you are talking about..

Rappers didnt create the word 'Ho'...

I heard Eddie Murphy use the word 'Ho' on saturday live back when he was pretending to be Buckwheet..

If you are blame rap for what Imus said.... At least get the sh*t right
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:18 AM   #84
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
ause cosby doesn't do that s hit for publicity

Cosby aint do it for publicity? Are you silly?

Why was a damn TV camera present for all his rants

*Who is Cosby organizing?
*Who is he mobilizing?
*What does he do besides go to black tie functions and make a spectacle of himself for the publicity?
*What march has he led?
*Who does he advocate?
*When has he gone to jail in defense of someone else?

Cosby is just standing in front of a microphone rambling about bullsh*t... He doesnt come out to support anybody when they need help, he just needed to get some stuff off his chest...

Quote:
when have they ever done anything that wasn't publicized. f uck that. and i'm not getting into an arguement about them, so don't try.

you dont have an arguement kid... you are unarmed

Quote:
why can't people see that they are just pimping people (kinda like the government)?

i'm sick of the trust put in these "leaders". and not just f ucking jesse jackson and al sharpton. all leaders. i guess i have to name some white ones now or i will be racist. okay- how about every president?

as long as people don't do anything to educate themselves, nothing is going to get better. thing is, a lot of people don't have that opportunity. so tell everyone to go whine about the public education system, which is the real problem in this country. not some old f ucking white guy that looks like father time or something

People arent complaining about the education system in this country?

You cant be serious here....Thats the second or third biggest issue facing this country right now and its all people talk about..

you need to wake up and stop the whining
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: