Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2006, 10:40 PM   #1
RocketsFanatic
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
RocketsFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11
Default Time for Howard to go?

Does anyone think it is time to trade Juwan Howard? I certainly do.
List some possible trades that could take place if anyone will even consider taking Howard.
RocketsFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:00 PM   #2
Boki4MVP
I airball my layups
 
Boki4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: the bayou city.
Posts: 52
Default jh

it was time for howard to go since we got him in the trade.

best thing to do is sign and trade for mj, but colangelo wont let that happen.
Boki4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:27 AM   #3
SCY
Put yr guns up
 
SCY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: HoustoN
Posts: 4,271
Default

Quote:
it was time for howard to go since we got him in the trade.

Bingo. No one else wants him either.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:51 PM   #4
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,809
Default

I like Juwan Howard.

No trade.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:25 PM   #5
DreamRuled
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 92
Default

Juwan isn't a horrible player, he's just not near as good as his contract. He's not going to put up great numbers, but you can be pretty confident about what you'll get out of him night in and night out. If you can get past his bloated contract, he's a servicable starting 4, although just barely.
DreamRuled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:18 AM   #6
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
albertpujols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, Ont
Posts: 474
Default

With Juwan Howard as the NBA player, my mind says keep him.

With Juwan Howard and the "contract", my mind says trade him.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:38 AM   #7
KnicksFan4Life
Banned
 
KnicksFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: David Wright is for real
Posts: 384
Default

Juwan is paid too much money, noone will take him
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:56 AM   #8
Dat1
I brick open layups
 
Dat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 97
Default

Howard has heart he plays to win who would they trade him for anyway
Dat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:51 PM   #9
Quiksurfin33
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: ...houston?
Posts: 12
Default ...

Juwan is good still.........he's a smart veteran PLUS he can still shoot which we really REALLY need!
Quiksurfin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 03:02 PM   #10
myzt52
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
myzt52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 44
Default Howard for a box of Jelly Beans

Juwan Howard is a solid player. He is a power forward with a great 18-20 foot jump shot (which plays perfectly into the rockets system). However, my problem with him is he is getting payed WAY TOO MUCH and he does not know how to play defense. I wouldn't mind trading him for a cheaper and shorter contracts, a couple future first rounders, or even a box of jelly beans. He is killing our salary cap room, and after acquiring Novac and Battier, we have more important needs at the PG and SG positions.

The one thing I fear is trading Howard for another large and even longer contract (i.e. K. Martin). K. Martin is more like a Stromile Swift type player and does not ahve a solid jump shot. He would not work well in this system. I would rather get a player like Brevin Knight who would help us tremendously at the PG position and whose contract expires in a year.

My proposal:

Trade J. Howard to the knicks for Channing Fry and a box of Jelly Beans.
myzt52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:15 PM   #11
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers
 
Perezident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,720
Default howard to sacramento

i'm a sac fan n this trade here could benifit both teams...... trade howard to sac fro kenny thomas(an old rocket) along with jason hart ...this where as u guys get ur point guard and a replacement for howard....and this give sac the veteran leadership they need in the locker room...
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 09:42 PM   #12
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star
 
HALLandOATES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzt52
Juwan Howard is a solid player. He is a power forward with a great 18-20 foot jump shot (which plays perfectly into the rockets system). However, my problem with him is he is getting payed WAY TOO MUCH and he does not know how to play defense. I wouldn't mind trading him for a cheaper and shorter contracts, a couple future first rounders, or even a box of jelly beans. He is killing our salary cap room, and after acquiring Novac and Battier, we have more important needs at the PG and SG positions.

The one thing I fear is trading Howard for another large and even longer contract (i.e. K. Martin). K. Martin is more like a Stromile Swift type player and does not ahve a solid jump shot. He would not work well in this system. I would rather get a player like Brevin Knight who would help us tremendously at the PG position and whose contract expires in a year.

My proposal:

Trade J. Howard to the knicks for Channing Fry and a box of Jelly Beans.
Channing is too much alone, too much potential. The jelly beans just adds to it.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 09:58 PM   #13
Dat1
I brick open layups
 
Dat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 97
Default

i hope they dont trade howard because he is a good veteran player who can show younger players the ropes
Dat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:35 PM   #14
myzt52
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
myzt52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 44
Default Knicks are retarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
Channing is too much alone, too much potential. The jelly beans just adds to it.


Yea..but the knicks are dumb enough to do it.
myzt52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:40 PM   #15
myzt52
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
myzt52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
i'm a sac fan n this trade here could benifit both teams...... trade howard to sac fro kenny thomas(an old rocket) along with jason hart ...this where as u guys get ur point guard and a replacement for howard....and this give sac the veteran leadership they need in the locker room...


No..this trade would not work because it does not benefit the Rockets in any way. First of all Jason Hart can't shoot 3's well so he would not fit in the Rockets system. The system is built around teams double teaming Yao and T-Mac, leaving all the other players with wide open jump shots. Second of all, Kenny Thomas does not have a consistant 18-20 foot jump shot. He is more of a rebounder/inside player. Further more, we originally drafted Kenny Thomas and traded him for that very reason. Juwan Howard has a very consistant jump shot. He fits well into the system. I would rather over pay him rather than trade him for a useless asset.

Last edited by myzt52 : 07-19-2006 at 04:09 PM.
myzt52 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:19 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy