Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-12-2007, 06:52 PM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Don Imus got canned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean77
Actually hip hop sales are down 20%, so somebody's getting fed up with the way hip hop has gone.

Sales are down and white people still remain the majority of buyers. The sales being down are due to blacks not supporting the music. Its been spoken on, debated, argued by rappers, hip hop journalists and so forth all asking for more support. Stop downloading, stop bootlegging.

Another part of sales being down could be due to the quality of rap music. Young Jeezy is a prime example of someone who has no skills as an emcee. His lyrical content is redundant and while you can say "See his lyrics are what needs to stop/is what I'm talkin abuot"...Kool G Rap had similar lyrical content as Young Jeezy. The difference? How the lyrics were relayed to my ear. Kool G Rap was an emcee. He could talk about drugs, sex, violence but be creative with it...metaphors, wordplay, storytelling. Skills. Jeezy? Cant. So people dislike the way he relays his lyrical content to the masses.

"Jeezy like to smoke, jeezy like to drank, jeezy uses baking soda with his coke"

vs

And those that portray us on the block get rocked like Amadeus/Fakers get used to shootin targets, soon as the dark hits/Front on the drug market, bodies get rolled up in a carpet/Those that cheat us try to beat us we got hookers with heaters, that'll stray pop and put more shells in your top than Adidas

Nuff said...so yes the music quality in rap today blows ass. No creativity, no originality, bunch of carbon copy rappers doing the same formula. Lack of emcee skills. So thats a reason why music sales are down as well ontop of my previous remarks. Cuz i havent been purchasing CD's like I have in the past. Before i looked forward to Tuesday when albums dropped and often tried to get them before they came out in stores. Now? I dont care.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:55 PM   #17
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Rappers continue to put out the "horrific noise" you dont support because other white people support it. Money in their pocket. And white record execs continue to employ rappers who create "horrible noise and violent/misogynistic lyrics" because it also puts money in their pockets.

Need more clarification kid? Didnt think so...use your brain

When did I question why rap is so big? It's pretty obvious with MTV force feeding crap music down guillable kids' throats why it is popular. The issue was that rap lyrics for the most part are violent and misogynistic.

Imus was fired for one nominal, semi racist and misogynistic remark and now he's fired, while the whole time MTV and the radio are playing songs with equal or more offensive lyrics with little to no protest. That's the issue.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:58 PM   #18
jordan23

: Rowdy Randy has his debate cards ready for a heated message board battle

Go back to playing in teh sandbox little boy, u need 2 relax, its a message board
Old 04-12-2007, 06:59 PM   #19
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
When did I question why rap is so big? It's pretty obvious with MTV force feeding crap music down guillable kids' throats why it is popular. The issue was that rap lyrics for the most part are violent and misogynistic.

Imus was fired for one nominal, semi racist and misogynistic remark and now he's fired, while the whole time MTV and the radio are playing songs with equal or more offensive lyrics with little to no protest. That's the issue.

I gotta question for you. Why is it always rap music that's under the microscope. I bet you probably don't have a problem with satanic rock music where people are screaming about dead bodies and sh!t with guitars.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:02 PM   #20
Randy

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan23
They fired him, so what. We have plenty of nappyheaded hoes on ish (bobcat4ever, shafir), but no one cares about them being called that.

BTW Randy, this is a message board, stop getting mad serious and dis shiz. People do what tehy want, so stop being a prick in all teh threads you buttmuscle.

EDIT -

A message board where I am free to speak my mind, and thus when someone is an idiot, like by calling Tiger Woods a sellout, I am going to get angry and respond accordingly. I am strongly opinionated and moronic statements like that one deserve a strong response, whether you agree with what I said or not. That's the beauty of a message board.

Thanks for the intentional poor grammar in the statement directed towards me, you must really know what pisses me off the most
Old 04-12-2007, 07:07 PM   #21
jordan23

Quote:
A message board where I am free to speak my mind, and thus when someone is an idiot, like by calling Tiger Woods a sellout, I am going to get angry and respond accordingly. I am strongly opinionated and moronic statements like that one deserve a strong response, whether you agree with what I said or not. That's the beauty of a message board.

Thanks for the intentional poor grammar in the statement directed towards me, you must really know what pisses me off the most
I'm an accountant son, just don't feel the need to post seriously on a message board.

Anyway, you r gettin angry on a message board? , get a life kid. someone insulted youre hero tiger woods, get over it Rowdy Randy. Put the debate cards away and have a civil convo, you oversensitive buttmuscle.

Me
Old 04-12-2007, 07:08 PM   #22
Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
I gotta question for you. Why is it always rap music that's under the microscope. I bet you probably don't have a problem with satanic rock music where people are screaming about dead bodies and sh!t with guitars.

Poor comparison, "satanic rock" is far from being mainstream like hip-hop is, but give me some examples of songs that are full of screaming about dead bodies and I will answer. I have never listened to "satanic rock", and frankly don't know any supposedly "satanic" bands, so I don't know where to begin.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:14 PM   #23
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:
Poor comparison, "satanic rock" is far from being mainstream like hip-hop is, but give me some examples of songs that are full of screaming about dead bodies and I will answer. I have never listened to "satanic rock", and frankly don't know any supposedly "satanic" bands, so I don't know where to begin.
Well it doesn't work if you don't listen to any music at all. Here's a small sample i found from google alone.

"The Conjuring" by Megadeth
"I AM THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE
A SALESMAN, if you will . . .
Come join me in my INFERNAL DEPTHS . . .
I've got your soul!"
At the end of the song they chant "OBEY"!

Metallica, in the song "Jump In the Fire",
"Follow me now my child . . .
DO JUST AS I SAY . . .
Jump by your will or be taken by force
I'll get you either way . . .
So reach down grab my hand walk with me through the land
COME HOME WHERE YOU BELONG
So come on JUMP IN THE FIRE."

Twisted Sister sings, "Burn in Hell":

"Welcome to the abandoned land
COME ON IN CHILD, TAKE MY HAND
Here there's no work or play
Only one bill to pay
There's just five words to say
As you go down, down, down
YOU'RE GONNA BURN IN HELL!"

There's a lot more if you need more of a sample.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:15 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Cite/list songs please.

MTV and Radio havent had sponsers yank themselves off airs because of songs and its lyrical content. Sponsers did with cbs/msnbc. Not only did big sponsers pull thier commercials, others threatened to take them off if he was still around. So what do you think the next move was? Yup you guessed it in your head...Imus has to go in order to get those sponsers back who pump bigtime $$$$$$$ out. Thats the only reason Imus was canned like some peas. So your beef should be with the sponsers who forced the hands of the big wigs who cut off Imus head. Ask them why they dont do the same with mtv and radio stations and then get back to me.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:17 PM   #25
Randy

Quote:
I'm an accountant son, just don't feel the need to post seriously on a message board.

Anyway, you r gettin angry on a message board? , get a life kid. someone insulted youre hero tiger woods, get over it Rowdy Randy. Put the debate cards away and have a civil convo, you oversensitive buttmuscle.

Me

Shouldn't educated accountants be able to use proper syntax? Impressive. Hopefully none of your (supposed) clients post on here.

I don't care about Tiger Woods, however when he is called a sellout because of his race and profession, I will take offense. Did you tell me to get a life, kid? Nice try.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:21 PM   #26
jordan23

Quote:
Shouldn't educated accountants be able to use proper syntax? Impressive. Hopefully none of your (supposed) clients post on here.

I don't care about Tiger Woods, however when he is called a sellout because of his race and profession, I will take offense. Did you tell me to get a life, kid? Nice try.
i just told u i dont care about my grammer on a message board. hm, never having been around teh females has made u very uptight. Aren't you missing power rangers right now
Old 04-12-2007, 07:32 PM   #27
Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
Well it doesn't work if you don't listen to any music at all. Here's a small sample i found from google alone.

"The Conjuring" by Megadeth
"I AM THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE
A SALESMAN, if you will . . .
Come join me in my INFERNAL DEPTHS . . .
I've got your soul!"
At the end of the song — they chant "OBEY"!

Metallica, in the song "Jump In the Fire",
"Follow me now my child . . .
DO JUST AS I SAY . . .
Jump by your will or be taken by force
I'll get you either way . . .
So reach down grab my hand walk with me through the land
COME HOME WHERE YOU BELONG
So come on JUMP IN THE FIRE."

Twisted Sister sings, "Burn in Hell":

"Welcome to the abandoned land
COME ON IN CHILD, TAKE MY HAND
Here there's no work or play
Only one bill to pay
There's just five words to say
As you go down, down, down
YOU'RE GONNA BURN IN HELL!"

There's a lot more if you need more of a sample.

Twisted Sister? Really? They wrote that?

Do you know what the term "Devil's Advocate" even means?

None of the bands you listed are even close to being "satanic", do a google image search of Twisted Sister and you'll see what I mean. Ozzy Osbourne said that his lyrics were based off horror movies to contrast the hippie counter-culture music of the 1960's and 70's, which I'm sure explains most of the influence of these lyrics as well. None of those lyrics discussed dead bodies though.

This is "satanic" metal music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV0kWc8DoLI
and it is horrible. As is this: http://www.myspace.com/abominableputridity

Last edited by Randy : 04-12-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:37 PM   #28
Randy

Quote:
i just told u i dont care about my grammer on a message board. hm, never having been around teh females has made u very uptight. Aren't you missing power rangers right now

Professional accountant? I'm sure. I could go into detail about the superiority of my life to yours, but like you said, it's a message board so what will it prove? The sad part is you are no doubt older than me if you are an accountant, and yet you are dependant on Power Ranger jokes for insults. Enjoy your T.V. dinner and empty bed.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:40 PM   #29
jordan23

Quote:
Professional accountant? I'm sure. I could go into detail about the superiority of my life to yours, but like you said, it's a message board so what will it prove? The sad part is you are no doubt older than me if you are an accountant, and yet you are dependant on Power Ranger jokes for insults. Enjoy your T.V. dinner and empty bed.
haha, my girlfriend will comfort meh in my bed while i watch teh grown man tv. Im set for life with teh money im making while you will B in teh heated debates on message boards.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:41 PM   #30
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

Quote:
Twisted Sister? Really? They wrote that?

Do you know what the term "Devil's Advocate" even means?

None of the bands you listed are even close to being "satanic", do a google image search of Twisted Sister and you'll see what I mean. Ozzy Osbourne said that his lyrics were based off horror movies to contrast the hippie counter-culture music of the 1960's and 70's, which I'm sure explains most of the influence of these lyrics as well. None of those lyrics discussed dead bodies though.

This is "satanic" metal music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV0kWc8DoLI
and it is horrible. As is this: http://www.myspace.com/abominableputridity
LMAO @ you for thinking that Will Smith and Jazzy Jeff produce satanic music.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: