Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-12-2007, 07:45 PM   #31
apriorist
High School Starter

Default Re: Don Imus got canned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
The sales being down are due to blacks not supporting the music..

Do you have any evidence for this or are you just talking out of your ass like you usually do?
apriorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:58 PM   #32
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Exclamation Re: Don Imus got canned

Its not satanic rock music...
Its called Thrash, Death and Black Metal...
The difference between metal and hip hop as a metal fan we live this stuff whereas rappers are frauds...
also rap and hip hop are two different things.... hip hop lives but its on life support... Lets keep hip hop alive!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:59 PM   #33
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Cite/list songs please.

MTV and Radio havent had sponsers yank themselves off airs because of songs and its lyrical content. Sponsers did with cbs/msnbc. Not only did big sponsers pull thier commercials, others threatened to take them off if he was still around. So what do you think the next move was? Yup you guessed it in your head...Imus has to go in order to get those sponsers back who pump bigtime $$$$$$$ out. Thats the only reason Imus was canned like some peas. So your beef should be with the sponsers who forced the hands of the big wigs who cut off Imus head. Ask them why they dont do the same with mtv and radio stations and then get back to me.

If you really want me to find lyrics I will.

My beef was with all of the focus being Imus for a whole week instead of focusing on similar, but more prominent "problems" like misogynistic lyrics in music. He's just one dumb man that we devoted all of our energy to...it was a waste of a good cause. All of the media coverage that he recieved could have and should have been used a positive for a much more important cause.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:02 PM   #34
Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
LMAO @ you for thinking that Will Smith and Jazzy Jeff produce satanic music.

Yeah, that's really what I was thinking. I definitely didn't link that solely for the crappy music that accompanied the video
Old 04-12-2007, 08:08 PM   #35
Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan23
haha, my girlfriend will comfort meh in my bed while i watch teh grown man tv. Im set for life with teh money im making while you will B in teh heated debates on message boards.

And I will be out with my friends getting drunk with hot co-eds at one of the top party schools in the nation where it's $1 beer night on Thursdays, what's your point?
Old 04-12-2007, 08:19 PM   #36
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
If you really want me to find lyrics I will.

My beef was with all of the focus being Imus for a whole week instead of focusing on similar, but more prominent "problems" like misogynistic lyrics in music. He's just one dumb man that we devoted all of our energy to...it was a waste of a good cause. All of the media coverage that he recieved could have and should have been used a positive for a much more important cause.

This is the thing....the lyrical content over rap songs has been protested, argued for years! It seems people think thats not the case when it is. From rappers, to politicians, to civil rights leaders, to black record label execs, to hip hop journalist, to activists in general (womans right, gay rights etc etc). This issue has been discussed, protested you name it. CD's have been broken in half outside of record stores. Rallys, picket signs saying dont buy this sexist albums, dont buy this violent records have gone on. This is a fact. There are articles, there are video footage of this. C Delores Tucker and i continually use her because she was the biggest fighter for woman being degraded on rap lyrics...she targetted 2pac, Snoop, Too Short to name a FEW. She stomped on thier CD's, broke them in half with numerous supporters around here.

So you keep saying a more important fight is being overlooked. Its not. Its ongoing!
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:25 PM   #37
Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
This is the thing....the lyrical content over rap songs has been protested, argued for years! It seems people think thats not the case when it is. From rappers, to politicians, to civil rights leaders, to black record label execs, to hip hop journalist, to activists in general (womans right, gay rights etc etc). This issue has been discussed, protested you name it. CD's have been broken in half outside of record stores. Rallys, picket signs saying dont buy this sexist albums, dont buy this violent records have gone on. This is a fact. There are articles, there are video footage of this. C Delores Tucker and i continually use her because she was the biggest fighter for woman being degraded on rap lyrics...she targetted 2pac, Snoop, Too Short to name a FEW. She stomped on thier CD's, broke them in half with numerous supporters around here.

So you keep saying a more important fight is being overlooked. Its not. Its ongoing!

I'm not even opposed to these rap lyrics, I just think way too much focus was put on the whole event. It's just like the stupid Anna Nicole coverage, blown way out of proportion.

And by more important fight I did not mean rap lyrics. All of the national attention, practically every channel, was on Imus when a charity drive for impoverished children or something else could have been established and broadcast nationwide. American media coverage is such a joke sometimes.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: