Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 07-02-2006, 12:43 AM   #31
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon
Secondly... Emeka has a bad back and is injury prone obviously. Morrison can't play D and LeBron doesn't play D.
LeBron's D is like Bruce Bowen's compared to Morrison. He is going to seriously struggle holding down a starting spot because of his defense. There are guys in the league that are bad on defense and then there is Adam Morrison... I think I could score relatively easily on him.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 12:48 AM   #32
Shogon
High School Starter

Shogon has no real reputation yet.

Chicago deal better than Charlotte's = Gordon, Duhon, Chandler, Deng & picks for Bron... picks may be too much. It'd leave them with Hinrich, Bron, Nocioni, Thomas & a C from next year's draft (Oden if they keep the option to switch with Knicks)

Orlando deal better than Charlotte's = Nelson, Milicic, Battie, Ariza, picks for Bron... Arroyo, Redick, James, Howard, whoever

etc. I don't feel like going through the scenarios.

LeBron is viewed as a once in a generation perimeter player. Maybe a once in a lifetime player. If he were to be traded BEFORE he becomes a free agent, there would be a better package than what Charlotte is rumored to have offered. In fact, if I were Cleveland, I would MAKE him walk even if it meant me getting no compensation. No way, there is nO WAY he would leave an extra year and another 20+ million on the table or whatever the number would be. He just wouldn't do it. And Kobe wouldn't have done it to the Lakers either which is why they should have gotten a better deal for Shaquille but that's another story.

Last edited by Shogon : 07-02-2006 at 12:52 AM.
Shogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 12:50 AM   #33
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

The questions I want answered are why does he want to be traded and why Charlotte?
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 12:53 AM   #34
Shogon
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
The questions I want answered are why does he want to be traded and why Charlotte?

First of all... there are many reasons why he may want to be traded. Secondly... why Charlotte? He didn't say he wanted to go to Charlotte. That's just a rumored offer FROM Charlotte. Of COURSE they'd make an offer if they thought they could get him. Doesn't mean it's happening... cause it isn't.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:55 AM   #35
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
First of all... there are many reasons why he may want to be traded. Secondly... why Charlotte? He didn't say he wanted to go to Charlotte. That's just a rumored offer FROM Charlotte. Of COURSE they'd make an offer if they thought they could get him. Doesn't mean it's happening... cause it isn't.
I didn't say he wanted to go to Charlotte. Why are they the only team with an offer? Why are the Cavs already having trade discussions?

None of this adds up.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:55 AM   #36
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Nelson, Milicic, Battie, Ariza,

Thats better than the Bobcats deal? And posibly giving Morrison in also? Thats better?

Anyway, I don't why everyone is getting their panties tangled up, its just a rumor...and not even a confirmed one.

Quote:
Shut up....

I am sure you feel all grown up now
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 12:56 AM   #37
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I didn't say he wanted to go to Charlotte. Why are they the only team with an offer? Why are the Cavs already having trade discussions?

None of this adds up.
It doesn't add up because it isn't true.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:56 AM   #38
boshraptor4life
Good High School Starter

boshraptor4life has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
A friend of mine with moderate connections in the basketball world just tol me that it was reported that Lebron rejected his deal...and that the Bobcats have offered Felton, Wallace, Sean May, 2 first round picks, and cash considerations. Don't know how credible this source is, but he HAS been on point for a few rumors, recently telling me that Peja was leaving for the Hornets, and TT was going to ditch the Suns for a big deal from the Clippers. Don't know what to think about this
What's your source, this is bull**** man, no way he'd refuse an extention in his hometown, let alone to be traded to the worst team in the league, get your life together man, if you want to post such a bogus rumor, atleast have a source to back it up.
boshraptor4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 12:56 AM   #39
Shogon
High School Starter

Quote:

None of this adds up.

It doesn't add up because it's bs.

There's a possibility that he rejected the extension offer (has there even been one yet?) but that's about as far as I'd believe.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:58 AM   #40
Shogon
High School Starter

Quote:
Thats better than the Bobcats deal? And posibly giving Morrison in also? Thats better?

Anyway, I don't why everyone is getting their panties tangled up, its just a rumor...and not even a confirmed one.

I am sure you feel all grown up now

Nelson >>>>>>>>>>> Felton. No, that's not an exaggeration.

Milicic (if he gains confidence) >>>>>>>>>>> May. No, that's not an exaggeration.

Gerald Wallace isn't worth the difference. Yes, he's way better than Ariza but Battie would more than make up for it.

Morrison is garbage and JJ Redick will prove to be a better pro than him even though both may end up being busts.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:58 AM   #41
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
There's a possibility that he rejected the extension offer (has there even been one yet?) but that's about as far as I'd believe.
There has been the max offer of 5 years, 80 million dollars by the Cavs. They offered the contract at midnight last night (earliest possible time).
Old 07-02-2006, 12:59 AM   #42
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
get your life together man, if you want to post such a bogus rumor, atleast have a source to back it up.

Wow. Get my life together?

Wow. Fall back kid. Its not even that serious. Its a damn rumor. Did I put a gun to your head and say believe it?
Old 07-02-2006, 01:03 AM   #43
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

Yea. I was questioning whether he was just messing round. But he told me it was rumored that Lebron rejected the contract, and the Cavs are open to trading him now, and that the Bobcats were right there with an offer. I honestly don't believe it, but found it worth posting. Apparently I was wrong, seeing that I must "get my life together" and "shut up" because I posted it.:rollingeyes:
Old 07-02-2006, 01:04 AM   #44
fatboy11

Quote:
Yea. I was questioning whether he was just messing round. But he told me it was rumored that Lebron rejected the contract, and the Cavs are open to trading him now, and that the Bobcats were right there with an offer. I honestly don't believe it, but found it worth posting. Apparently I was wrong, seeing that I must "get my life together" and "shut up" because I posted it.:rollingeyes:
I would have stopped listening at that point..........
Old 07-02-2006, 01:05 AM   #45
boshraptor4life
Good High School Starter

boshraptor4life has decent reputation

Quote:
Wow. Get my life together?

Wow. Fall back kid. Its not even that serious. Its a damn rumor. Did I put a gun to your head and say believe it?

I'm just saying man, that is such a ridiculous rumor, it would be nice to actually see where you would have heard this.
boshraptor4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: