Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 04-12-2007, 10:43 PM   #1
GoBBall
Can barely lace up my sneakers

GoBBall has an OK reputation so far
Default Carrying/Palming

Ok I don't understand this rule. I thought that it doesn't really apply in streetball, but the people I've been playing with I think are saying that I am doing this.

They say that you cannot be dribbling and then stop and pick up the ball and then start dribbling again. I don't understand this though because I see people fake a shot. How do you fake a shot without breaking this rule? Thanks.
GoBBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:13 PM   #2
Unreal Skill
Love me or Hate me

Unreal Skill has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Carrying/Palming

What you're telling is a violation. After you dribble then stop, you cant dribble again. An example of how to people do it is they dribble then stop, then pump fake, then shoot.

Last edited by Unreal Skill : 04-12-2007 at 11:17 PM.
Unreal Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:50 AM   #3
Ri3tN
I brick open layups

Ri3tN has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBBall
Ok I don't understand this rule. I thought that it doesn't really apply in streetball, but the people I've been playing with I think are saying that I am doing this.

They say that you cannot be dribbling and then stop and pick up the ball and then start dribbling again. I don't understand this though because I see people fake a shot. How do you fake a shot without breaking this rule? Thanks.

For pump faking, you can also be dribbling:

ex: I dribble and cross someone up, step back, then, hesitating, pretend to square up to shoot by using head deception. Then I proceed to drive in and lay it up.
Ri3tN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:14 PM   #4
timmyD
I hit open layups

timmyD has an OK reputation so far

the thing you are apparently trying to do is a head fake that makes it look like a shot. all u do is come up about 3 feet from he defender and give a over exadurated head nod, making it look like you are in the motion of shooting, while still dribbling the ball, then if he baits it, you go by, if he doesnt, shoot it.
timmyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:19 PM   #5
GoBBall
Can barely lace up my sneakers

GoBBall has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyD
the thing you are apparently trying to do is a head fake that makes it look like a shot. all u do is come up about 3 feet from he defender and give a over exadurated head nod, making it look like you are in the motion of shooting, while still dribbling the ball, then if he baits it, you go by, if he doesnt, shoot it.
So you CAN put 2 hands on the ball if you keep it down there by your stomach/groin area? I just saw Nowitzki from the Mavericks do this a couple times. He stopped dribbling for a few seconds, put 2 hands on the ball, moved the ball left and right a few times, then dribbled in to the hoop and shot.

This is OK?
GoBBall is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: