Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-13-2007, 07:18 PM   #1
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default a woman or a black man for president?

the front runners for the democrats so far are barack obama and hillary rodham clinton...

is the country ready for a woman as president
before a black man

or would it prefer a black man over a woman?

the question will be important if the democrats dont want to botch up another campaign.

what do you think?
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:21 PM   #2
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: a woman or a black man for president?

Obama 10 times out of 10.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:26 PM   #3
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

It's a shame this question must be asked. A candidates race, gender, sexual orientation, or religion should not play a role in his/her's political career. However, I do recognize there are many ignorant people in this country who would disagree with that statement. I cannot speak for the entire country, but it seems here in Appalachia more people would be less opposed to a female candidate.

I myself support Obama BTW

Last edited by The Answer : 04-13-2007 at 07:31 PM.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:46 PM   #4
Top_Of_Tha_World
High School Varsity 12th Man

Top_Of_Tha_World has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Answer
It's a shame this question must be asked. A candidates race, gender, sexual orientation, or religion should not play a role in his/her's political career. However, I do recognize there are many ignorant people in this country who would disagree with that statement. I cannot speak for the entire country, but it seems here in Appalachia more people would be less opposed to a female candidate.

I myself support Obama BTW

I was just about to say the same thing
Top_Of_Tha_World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:17 PM   #5
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

F-ck race, I think there has only been one non-Protestant President in the US (Kennedy).
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:19 PM   #6
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i would much prefer obama though i think hilary is gonna win.

and religion most definitely can play a role in whether or not you should vote for someone.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:40 PM   #7
Eater
I airball my layups

Eater has an OK reputation so far

obama for president
Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #8
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

From who i have met, people's reasons for not liking obama arent racial related but for hilary it is sex-related.

So i think the country is MORE ready for a black man than a white woman.

But I am going for Obama. Women provide the excuse that he has no experience but you dont need experience to get into the White house (see Bush).
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:59 PM   #9
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster

let an Asian woman do it

the end
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:29 PM   #10
Cavs Fan
Kids at the park dunk on me

Cavs Fan has no real reputation yet.

Wouldn't it be better to have both?

I think the half-white guy has a shot at it. I personally would rather vote for the Condoleeza Rice, who is a real American black, if she were to run.
Cavs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:37 PM   #11
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwliuLAP
let an Asian woman do it

the end

Why? So she can change our interstates to 30 mph?
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:41 PM   #12
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Hilary.

Bill is the best Presidential advisor there is. As a matter a fact ever been. It'd be like if he was President indirectly. He was agood president.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:44 AM   #13
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I prefer Obama but think that Hilary will win over him simply because she's more well known, and being married to Bill is a huge advantage.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:48 AM   #14
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation here

Obama makes me believe in politics again. He gives you hope when he speaks.

Hillary.....i just don't trust her.

But on the flip side, it would be nice to have Bill in the White House again
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:31 AM   #15
warriors23
Banned

warriors23 has an OK reputation so far

i think neither of them will win purely for racist reasons. if the two of them were white males they would have a chance .

but me im for obama.
warriors23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: