Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-15-2007, 03:23 AM   #16
Kobe4life
Banned

Kobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Watching Barbosa and Cook makes me wanna punch Mitch in the face...

why don't they fire him?
Kobe4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:07 AM   #17
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Mr. Kupchak and Jimmy Buss will likely continue to guide this team to mediocrity. They don't know what they are doing. Knowing them, they will probably resign Smush to a max contract!

Will someone tell Jimmy Buss that we need some horses on this Lakers team (run & gun style) and not in his stable at the farm.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:18 AM   #18
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation

Yea Leandro Barbosa would of been sick to have on the Lakers but as you all know we have a pretty consistent GM to screw things up for us on a repeated basis. Not just Barbosa but Mitch screwed up not selecting Kendrick Perkins and better yet the steal of the 1st round imo was Josh Howard! Now that's 3 strikes Mitch you should be outta here!

Last edited by *LAKERS_3_PETE* : 04-15-2007 at 05:20 AM.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:49 AM   #19
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far

College numbers don't mean ****. It's all about NBA translatable skills. Cook had none but shooting and that was clear.
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:51 AM   #20
CristianoVirtuos
Banned

CristianoVirtuos has an OK reputation so far

CristianoVirtuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:24 AM   #21
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

lmao. good bump
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:44 PM   #22
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If you had drafted Barbosa..all you lakers fans would have been calling for Barbosa to be traded after his 2nd year.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:24 PM   #23
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

The Los Angeles Lakers have a habit of not keeping quality guards. They couldn't hold on to Jannero Pargo, Tyronn Lue, Derek Fisher, and Mike Penburthy. Had the Los Angeles Lakers drafted Leandrinho Barbosa, they would've let him go.

During the 2003-2004 season, the Los Angeles Lakers were already stacked with guards: Maurice Carter, Kobe Bryant, Derek Fisher, Jannero Pargo, Gary Payton, Kareem Rush, Bryon Russell, and Ime Udoka. Why would they have need to add another guard??? It would've been pointless. Although Leandrinho Barbosa would've helped this team tremendously, he wouldn't have seen playing time because as you know, Phil Jackson doesn't like to play rookies, and he wouldn't have had a chance to shine because of the already established guards on his roster who already had experience with the Triangle Offense.

You're the General Manager of the Los Angeles Lakers. You just came from a championship season and you recently acquired Gary Payton and Karl Malone. Your fans are going crazy screaming "fourpeat." You look at your roster and take a look at the one position which is deemed weak. That would be the forward position, because at the time, they had aging forwards in Rick Fox, Horace Grant, Karl Malone, and Bryon Russell. They probably wanted to get younger at that position, so they acquired Brian Cook who was doing well at the University of Illinois.

Keep in mind that Leandrinho Barbosa might flourish under Mike D'Antoni's run and gun play, but playing in the Triangle Offense might've been a different story.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:49 PM   #24
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

m1sterb has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
The Los Angeles Lakers have a habit of not keeping quality guards. They couldn't hold on to Jannero Pargo, Tyronn Lue, Derek Fisher, and Mike Penburthy. Had the Los Angeles Lakers drafted Leandrinho Barbosa, they would've let him go.

During the 2003-2004 season, the Los Angeles Lakers were already stacked with guards: Maurice Carter, Kobe Bryant, Derek Fisher, Jannero Pargo, Gary Payton, Kareem Rush, Bryon Russell, and Ime Udoka. Why would they have need to add another guard??? It would've been pointless. Although Leandrinho Barbosa would've helped this team tremendously, he wouldn't have seen playing time because as you know, Phil Jackson doesn't like to play rookies, and he wouldn't have had a chance to shine because of the already established guards on his roster who already had experience with the Triangle Offense.

You're the General Manager of the Los Angeles Lakers. You just came from a championship season and you recently acquired Gary Payton and Karl Malone. Your fans are going crazy screaming "fourpeat." You look at your roster and take a look at the one position which is deemed weak. That would be the forward position, because at the time, they had aging forwards in Rick Fox, Horace Grant, Karl Malone, and Bryon Russell. They probably wanted to get younger at that position, so they acquired Brian Cook who was doing well at the University of Illinois.

Keep in mind that Leandrinho Barbosa might flourish under Mike D'Antoni's run and gun play, but playing in the Triangle Offense might've been a different story.

Good perspective LR.
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:50 PM   #25
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Derek Fisher was a quality guard. The others were average roll players at best. Other than Fisher (who got a big contract), I wouldn't want any of them on the roster.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:57 PM   #26
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

m1sterb has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
Derek Fisher was a quality guard. The others were average roll players at best. Other than Fisher (who got a big contract), I wouldn't want any of them on the roster.

I liked Pargo. He just needed more PT.
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:00 PM   #27
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1sterb
Good perspective LR.

Thanks m1sterb
Old 04-23-2007, 03:02 PM   #28
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo

You're absolutely right. The rest were average role players but what was valuable and great about them was they they knew their roles and stuck with it and stuck with the game plan, which made them very valuable to that Los Angeles Lakers team.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:09 PM   #29
CristianoVirtuos
Banned

CristianoVirtuos has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Just a few things LR.

1. That team needed absolutly no players that should've been able to contribute at that time. None. They pretty much had it all.

2. You always draft the best player available. Regardless of position. That's the unwritten rule. You don't want to be the next GM that ends up with Bowie over Jordan.

3. There's no excuse. Mitch was told by everyone that Barbosa's the real deal. Ron Harper included.
You see, this is why Mitch is an idiot.

When drafting, he has his draft chart or something and there are certain players that he expect will get drafted at one spot.
For example IDK..Anderson Varejao will be drafted at 15. If he falls down to 20, the Lakers take him.
That's how Mitch works and that just shows his idiocy.

He did exactly the same thing when he picked Kareem Rush over Tayshaun Prince. Technically, the Raptors made that pick for us but Mitch expected Kareem to go higher. Kareem was dropping, Mitch took him. Without even scouting him. While they scouted Tayshaun and liked him a lot. But no.
Same thing with Cook.
He was expected to go top 18 IIRC. He didn't, Mitch was there.
Idiot, what else can I say? That's his way of drafting players.

4. WTF..that post? Penburthy a quality guard? LOL, hope that's like a "which one doesn't belong" game or something.

The Lakers have gotten better with scouting lately.

Bynum was a great pick. So was Turiaf. So was Farmar, I admit. Although I didn't like Bynum and Farmar at start.
Love those picks now though. Farmar will be solid and Bynum can get us a nice player..or turn into a solid center although at times it looks like he hurts us more than anyhting else.

Barbosa pick was really a no brainer. An absolute no brainer.

If Mitch is so cluless, then I don't know what to say. They have improved lately though, maybe there's hope.

They messed it up with a Von Wafer pick though. Dude should've gone undrafted. #39 was a nice pick.
I was all out Ukic with 39. That would've been a steal. Wasn't that high on Monta but boy, what a pick that would've been...
Or they just could've drafted Chris Taft. Big men like that don't come often.

So yeah, there's improvement but some of those picks will haunt us for a long time, unfortunetely.
CristianoVirtuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:29 PM   #30
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well let's see how Mitch will use this draft pick this year.

We got the 19th pick. We better get an impact player (Nick Young).
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: