Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-14-2007, 01:26 PM   #16
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Oden's in the draft, making the draft officially stacked.

Hopefuly Connley enters and pushes Law to us at 14.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:28 PM   #17
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Kansas losing Julian Wright and Brandon Rush hurts, but not that much. They're stacked from top to bottom, probably the most talented team...but they have a coach who's been out coached in nearly every big game in the tourney. SO I never really consider them title contenders.

UNC on the other hand, is great, even when they lose Wright. Roy Williams is a fabulous coach.

Brandan Rush declared for the draft? Link?
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:37 PM   #18
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

what are the chances of the Chinese kid going third?

Is there a consensus third pick right now?
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:39 PM   #19
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
what are the chances of the Chinese kid going third?

Is there a consensus third pick right now?

Only if Brandan Wright declares.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:50 PM   #20
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Brandan Rush declared for the draft? Link?
Well, he hasn't, but I don't expect him to return to Kansas for another year. His MO has been the NBA since high school, so I don't really see him staying for another season.

Also, Real Men Wear Green, I'd watch out for UCLA, they'll be just as good as UNC. They lack the experience, but Kevin Love, Josh Shipp, Darren Collison is an excellent core.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:52 PM   #21
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Yeah UCLA is gonna be a problem...losing Afflalo but everyone else returns plus the addition of the nations top HS player Kevin Love. He's a pretty solid player from the video footage I've seen...and he impressed in the HS all star games when i saw him play. Mofo broke a backboard in a HS game.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:58 PM   #22
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Love will still be a freshman, and he's no Oden. I can't see them beating Carolina with UNC bringing back everyone.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:57 PM   #23
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
So, do people still believe this guy is gonna be a 25 points 14 rebound 3 block career guy or are people ready to be realistic?

22-12-4
Old 04-14-2007, 05:11 PM   #24
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm not sold on Oden as a great offensive player but his effect on D will be tremendous. It's kind of fitting that he resembles Bill Russell because he might be a similar type of player (not as good, of course). As a rookie I think he'll get a mid-teen double-double. Career around 18/13/4.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:20 PM   #25
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I'm not sold on Oden as a great offensive player but his effect on D will be tremendous. It's kind of fitting that he resembles Bill Russell because he might be a similar type of player (not as good, of course). As a rookie I think he'll get a mid-teen double-double. Career around 18/13/4.

I don't know, the man impressed me and the recent trend has shown me that you don't need much of a refined offensive game when you have the strength, quickness, and athleticism to go through, around or above the defender. Oden has all 3 and as much as I think he will not be better than Dwight Howard I mean in their peaks not Dwight this year. I see his best years being 22-24 with 13 boards and 3-4 blocks but given the right point guard we might be able to step that point production up some.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:24 PM   #26
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

cant wait to see where oden and durant are goin
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:25 PM   #27
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Wouldn't it be COOL if the hawks ended up with the #1 pick and drafted Oden and conley jr?
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:26 PM   #28
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
Wouldn't it be COOL if the hawks ended up with the #1 pick and drafted Oden and conley jr?

That makes too much sense. When have the Hawks ever made sense?
Old 04-14-2007, 06:32 PM   #29
Pyro
Banned

Pyro has an OK reputation so far

Imagine if OJ Mayo didnt get left back you would have a potential 3 best players at thier positions

Oden
Durant
Mayo
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:39 PM   #30
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
I don't know, the man impressed me and the recent trend has shown me that you don't need much of a refined offensive game when you have the strength, quickness, and athleticism to go through, around or above the defender. Oden has all 3 and as much as I think he will not be better than Dwight Howard I mean in their peaks not Dwight this year. I see his best years being 22-24 with 13 boards and 3-4 blocks but given the right point guard we might be able to step that point production up some.
Dwight Howard is the perfect example of why he will need more than physical talent to be a great scorer. Because Howard only averages 17.6 points, and Oden isn't as explosive a leaper as Dwight Howard. The great scoring bigs all have skills to go along with their prodigious gifts, look at guys like Olajuwon, Robinson, Jabbar, Ewing (to a lesser extent), etc. How many great scoring bigs didn't have vast skills? Even Shaq had to get a hook and learn to use the glass a bit, and Oden isn't nearly as powerful/explosive as Shaq was.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: