Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-14-2007, 05:16 PM   #1
Hardtop Hero
I hit open 5-footers

Hardtop Hero has an OK reputation so far
Default Questions on the Kobe and his teammates issue......

It seems that all I ever hear concerning Kobe lately is that his teammates suck, his teammates suck, his teammates suck. I hear about what he would doing if he had a better team and constantly comparing his team to what Michael Jordan had. I've honestly never seen so much scrutiny on a player's teammates as with Kobe Bryant and I'm wondering why that is. It also seems that I constantly hear about how Dirk and Nash have more to work with as if they should be penalized for this. As if it's their fault they don't play on mediocre teams. As if somehow their contributions are less because they have talented teammates. I've never seen this phenomenon in all the time I've been watching basketball.

Is Kobe the only all star level player that has ever played with a team that was mediocre? Why all the emphasis on his team?

Why don't we go back throughout NBA history and find all the other superstar players who haven't had the best team and talk about what they would have done on better teams? Couldn't we easily predict a player like KG would have a few titles by now if he played on better teams?

Why is it assumed that all Bryant needs to win titles is a better team? It seems that Kobe fans act like it's a given that Bryant would win titles with star level players but if that's the case, why haven't other stacked teams in NBA history won titles? Shouldn't you have to actaully play the games before it's assumed that you would win?

Also, isn't this giving Kobe a built in shield from criticism? If LA wins, wow look at what Kobe is doing with such garbage. If they lose (even if Kobe plays poorly) it's "what can you expect, his team sucks".

Any thoughts on why Kobe's situation is different from the many star players throughout the years who didn't have the best teams would be appreciated.
Hardtop Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:28 PM   #2
DonCorleone
Banned

DonCorleone has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Questions on the Kobe and his teammates issue......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtop Hero
Why is it assumed that all Bryant needs to win titles is a better team? It seems that Kobe fans act like it's a given that Bryant would win titles with star level players but if that's the case, why haven't other stacked teams in NBA history won titles?

DonCorleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:30 PM   #3
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ban this *******, he already bumped like 5 oldass threads no one actualy cared about
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:31 PM   #4
DonCorleone
Banned

DonCorleone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
Ban this *******, he already bumped like 5 oldass threads no one actualy cared about

Hey dude I just like answering threads. Go on Google and you find old threads.

It's not a rule that you cannot answer old threads.
DonCorleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:23 PM   #5
AJ2k8
Banned

AJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A kobe thread that didn't receive any attention
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:28 PM   #6
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Mr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation here

LOL
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:30 PM   #7
Bandito
NBA Superstar

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2k8
A kobe thread that didn't receive any attention
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: