Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 05-06-2015, 06:35 PM   #16
christian1923
#teamWestbrookKobeNYK

Default Re: "Chip got rid of all the good black players"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Chip stated he's been trying to trade Mathis for 2 years. Released Herrenans who had same tenure as Cole. Replaced Maclin/Jackson/McCoy with Matthews/Agholar/Murray/Matthews. Traded for Sproles last year.

Every player added under Kelly has been a high character guy except Cary Williams (who was just a knucklehead).
Sounds to me like Chip wants to be the voice of the eagles and the face of the team.
christian1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:20 PM   #17
ROCSteady
One of One

Well there's a diff between BLACK players and players who are black.

Extra marital affair with ex-teammate's wife VS. Twitter Battle and abusive relationship w baby moms.

Potential Gang Member who gets his jurry robbed VS. dude drunk at concert attempting to fight every Ni...

What am I saying? They all da same
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:23 PM   #18
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Stephen A Smith brought this up in First Take, seems farfetched. Only strong argument was that they kept Riley Cooper around after his incident.
bigkingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:49 AM   #19
JerrySeinfeld

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian1923
Except players. It's been going around the league that he's kind of racist

where have you heard this from?
JerrySeinfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:52 AM   #20
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Well there's a diff between BLACK players and players who are black.

Extra marital affair with ex-teammate's wife VS. Twitter Battle and abusive relationship w baby moms.

Potential Gang Member who gets his jurry robbed VS. dude drunk at concert attempting to fight every Ni...

What am I saying? They all da same

"Jurry"- best word in a poast of the month nominee.

Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:23 AM   #21
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Shady coming across like a dumped ex gf. All mad that the Eagles think they can move forward without him. Got his axe to grind and trying his best to cause problems for Philly.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:36 AM   #22
DeuceWallaces
NBA Legend

Quote:
My friend plays football. 2 former Oregon players told him that during pre combine training last year.

It wouldn't print it on the NY times but that's just what he told me.

Lol you heard 3rd hand? If I even believe that to begin with.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:53 AM   #23
tpols
we already won

Quote:
you're not in the locker room are you?

Just looking at the track record chip got rid of any prominent black player that had a voice in that locker room other than Jason Peters.

He didn't call him a racist

Which is a good thing since he's trying to actually coach the team and not deal with shitty attitudes from those guys. He's like nfl popovich/spurs trying to build a top down leadership structure with high character guys..

From what I've seen of Murray he's a well spoken hard working guy.. fking Mccoy and desean lol different story
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:57 AM   #24
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Chip Kelly thought they weren't worth extending.

you hardly see a team let go of their 3 best playmakers in 1 Calender year. Good franchises usually pay their own guys. Besides the pats.

Meh, not sure why you would pay your own guys when you really aren't winning anything. Eagles haven't been great in the past 5 years and Chip is making moves that he thinks positions them for a championship.

And the Pats are obviously ahead of the curve in that regard. It's kind of shitty for the players but it's a sound strategy given the cap constraints of the league.

Last edited by Jailblazers7 : 05-07-2015 at 12:02 PM.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:58 AM   #25
FUTěN
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Chip Kelly thought they weren't worth extending.

you hardly see a team let go of their 3 best playmakers in 1 Calender year. Good franchises usually pay their own guys. Besides the pats.

In other words Chip Kelly doesn't play it safe like other GM's and wants to re-make his roster the way he wants it. Has nothing to do with the race of his players but how he feels they fit the system. I mean he could go to Klan meetings in his spare time for all I know but none of the transactions he's made suggests racism.
FUTěN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:53 PM   #26
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN

Quote:
What desperation? He just got paid

desperation from the embarrassment of being traded in the peak of his career. Feeling not wanted. It hurt his ego, so he's lashing back, trying to make an excuse for why he was traded into a race debate, rather than what it really was, a business decission.

its all good, I like Shady as a player and hope he has a big year. Best of luck to him. But he looks mad bitter with these statements and its obvious that he feels some type of way about being traded and is looking for any reason other than he was simply not needed in Philly. That's why hes playing dat race card. No? Quite immature if you ask me. But I digress, on to the next one. Chip and the Eagles are moving on
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:56 PM   #27
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Is he wrong?

Djaxx
Maclin
McCoy
Cole

Maclin was a free agent. Eagles didn't overpay him $13mil. How is that getting rid of him? Trent Cole was released, same as white boys Todd Herremans and James Casey whom no one talks about. Trent was 32. How unusual is it for a team to release a player that is old and makes a lot of money? So uncommon in the NFL. That is me being sarcastic.

So all the Eagles got rid of is Djax and Mccoy. Traded Mccoy whose $13mil freed up cap space to allow the Eagles to add a LB in Kiko on the cheap while other free agents (most of which were black good players).

Anyone who thinks Mccoy is right is a moron. Period. He sounds like a scorned female. Get over it, you're in Buffalo focus on them. Jesus christ the female tendencies of this guy is oozing out.

Funny thing is you and anyone in this thread can GOOGLE Jeremy Maclin thoughts when we got rid of Djax. Then get back to me.

Eagles did nothing other teams do not do. Maclin FA, signs elsewhere. Maxwell was a Seattle starter, signed elsewhere. No one makes a stink over that tho. Why? Oh because thats business as usual in the NFL no? Murray signs elsewhere. So did Dallas "get rid of" Murray a good black player? Afterall they only replaced him with backups and D.McFadden aka Mr. Hurt A lot.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: