Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 04-17-2007, 09:20 PM   #31
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Would Raptors vs Nets be a war?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
They aren't guaranteed anything if they win out. If washington win's out, they are 42-40 and if NJ wins out, they are 41-41.. Washington might be on their way to a win in Orlando, and Chicago vs. NJ is gonna be a battle.

right right I just checked the standings.

okay what I meant to say was:

Nets should not rely on the chairty of others. they have their own playoff destiny in their hands only if the Wizards lose one. to maximize the chances of getting to 6th. they need to win out.

and now that Cleveland has won, Chicago will definitely want to hit 50 to ensure 2nd seed.

Nets will be in for a battle.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:59 PM   #32
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

Yes, orlando beat DC!

This is it, we're tied in the standings. Either...

1) We win and they win
2) We lose and they lose
3) We win and they lose

and we're playing Toronto. But let's just win against Chicago to seal the deal.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:13 PM   #33
bokes15
Playoffs!

Damn, looks like Nets vs. Raps series is inevitable. But either way, I don't think you nets fans should get too confident. It will definitely be a battle regardless of playoff experience.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:19 PM   #34
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

well I was first to always give props to Toronto for having a great season and forewarned that the Raptors will not be a pushover.

and I think most other Net fans agree, although some are more boisterous than others.

regardless, It will be a tough series, especially with ACC loud as hell and probably shouting CARTER SUCKS and WIFEBEATER the whole game.

i know what it is like and it will definitely screw up the Nets communication.

but the Bulls and Cavs arena are loud as well and those teams are... well obviously superior to Toronto and will dismantle the Nets.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:39 PM   #35
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Damn, looks like Nets vs. Raps series is inevitable. But either way, I don't think you nets fans should get too confident. It will definitely be a battle regardless of playoff experience.

I'm not too confident. The main reason I want to face you guys is because it will be a more exciting series with Carter and the fans and everything. Of course it will be a battle and let the better team win.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:46 PM   #36
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
I'm not too confident. The main reason I want to face you guys is because it will be a more exciting series with Carter and the fans and everything. Of course it will be a battle and let the better team win.
True. I would rather the Wizards in the first round for obvious reason, but yeah an NJ vs. Toronto playoff battle would be very exciting.

I guess i'm mainly just projecting what i'm hearing from multiple places, sports analysts, friends etc.. that are saying that they'd give the series to NJ because the big 3 has more playoff experience than anyone on the Raptors.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:52 PM   #37
PersiaN
I airball my layups

I think we'll beat the NETS first game for sure. I have a feeling we might lose the second game. So i think we have to get at least 1 road win in order to win.
PersiaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:12 PM   #38
bokes15
Playoffs!

I think the series would go at least 6 games.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:32 PM   #39
rknine15
Buckets Baby

Matchups

Nets////////// Raptors
Kidd//////// TJ
Carter//////// AP
RJ //////// Joey(or mo pete)
Moore /////// Bosh
Collins ///////// Rasho

Boki//////// Bargnani
Boone ///////// Kris
Williams ////////// Jose
Wright ///////// Dixon
Cliffy///////// Mo Pete

I think sam would put peterson in the starting line up since Joey isnt a great defender.

and who is dixon gonna defend? i really dont think he can defend RJ or carter maybe they may put him on williams. that would mean jose would defend carter or RJ...idk

a good matchup is gonna be bosh vs moore/collins

btw Any update on mo petes injury he got during the 4th quarter in the pistons game?
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:34 PM   #40
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Bosh vs COllins/Moore is going to be no contest.

Bosh "wins."

becase Moore and Collins can never hope to match Bosh's output, their jobs will be to harass him into foul trouble and terrible stat lines.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:36 PM   #41
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

As a Raptors fan, I'd be much more excited to avoid New Jersey and face Washington in the first round. It has nothing to do with a lack of confidence in my team, it's just simple logic that you want the weakest team to ensure the greatest advantage, Washington is a very weak team right now.

As for a series that I think will happen, Toronto versus New Jersey, I think the series will favour Toronto, it may seem biased, but I think given this season and the injury to Krstic, I think the edge goes to the Raptors.

I expect the Nets will have a advantage in the backcourt, a duo of Kidd and Carter is better then a duo of Ford/Calderon and Parker, though not by as much as it could be. All three Raptor players are usually very efficient and will be able to hold their own, Kidd and Carter will likely get theres but I think they'll have trouble. Carter has struggled with the hostile Toronto crowds, shooting 28% from the field in two games there. The continuous boo's and comments every time he touches the ball clearly gets him off his game, if New Jersey has any chance in this series, he must zone out the crowd and play to his full ability, any less and I don't think the Nets have a chance.

For the Raptors, I think we just have to continue doing what we do, move the basketball and play smart, I think we have a clear and definitive advantage inside with Bosh, Bargnani, Humphries and Nesterovic that we must exploit in order to win the series - with all the talent, hustle and determination between the four, I think it'll get done.

This series will live up to all the hype, I was actually hoping for a 2nd round meeting between the two clubs, but it will definately be rocking in the Air Canada Center, the crowds are always the most hostile for the New Jersey Nets because of Carter, and adding the playoff excitement to that will only make it louder.

Overall, I'd say New Jersey has a slight advantage in the backcourt, Toronto has a large advantage in the frontcourt, Lawrence Frank gives New Jersey the edge in the coaching department while the hostile ACC environment gives Toronto a very large edge in the home court advantage.

I'm very excited, and nervous, a loss to New Jersey (and Vince Carter) would be a heart breaker to the entire Raptors nation, it just cannot happen, and I'm confident it won't because of the collective talent and depth of the Raptors team.

You can call it biased, but it's my objective view, I like the Toronto Raptors in 6.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:38 PM   #42
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

it's a fair viewpoint and we welcome that here.

Kidd will undoubtedly have poor shooting nights, so the burden is on Carter not to let ACC get to him and post up phenomenal numbres night in and night out. in 2004- 2006 when he returned to ACC, he always had terrific games and each time the crowd gutted him with "CARTER SUCKS" chants.

the key is for the Nets not to make dumb mistakes and to keep up their communication and focus.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:39 PM   #43
rknine15
Buckets Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Bosh vs COllins/Moore is going to be no contest.

Bosh "wins."

becase Moore and Collins can never hope to match Bosh's output, their jobs will be to harass him into foul trouble and terrible stat lines.
you think the nets should double bosh?

if they do i recommend they leave TJ open not a player like parker
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:43 PM   #44
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknine15
you think the nets should double bosh?

with Bargnani roaming the 3 point line?

let Collins go single coverage, if anything play a shifting 2-3 zone.

if single coverage shows promise, the Nets can go all out for a 3-2 zone despite the fact the Nets big men suck, or a shifting 1-3-1 zone to shut down the perimeter play of Bargnani and Ford.

but if BOsh gets going, this is going to be very difficult for the Nets defense.

the most interesting question is whether Kidd will respect Ford's jumper. in all previous games, Kidd always goes under screens and backs off Ford at the top of the key.

sometimse Ford hits em, sometimes he bricks 'em.

Ford vs Kidd will be interesting.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:59 PM   #45
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

We've had success with the 3-2 zone, so we're probably going to rely on it for long periods of time.

I think double teaming is a must at times, but I think we should just try Bosh with single coverage at first, just to see if we can contain him. Because when we double, it sometimes kills us. Like last game, when we doubled Curry down low on a couple of possessions, Francis had some wide open looks. Luckily, he missed most of them. But come playoff time, we won't have that luxury, especially with the number of deadly shooters on that Toronto roster.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: