Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 05-03-2014, 01:06 PM   #1
Straight_Ballin
3/8 is real

Default Annoying kids calling me dad on the court

So after pullin a few sweet moves at the local outdoor courts on some guys my own age, now I get the occasional random young teen sayin shit like "hey dad, what time are we having dinner tonight." Or "yep, that's my dad."

Our outdoor courts tend to have people playing ages 15-40.

They do this in an attempt to get recognition from their friends. Probably don't even know who their real father is. Last thing I need is my wife hearing some shit like this or child services at my door. It doesn't help that the older guys raise questions like "oh, that skinny little Asian kid your kid? (I'm not Asian) "Is he on the school team?" and shit like that.

Anyone else have this problem with the local teens trying to be the cool kid at the park making other kids think that your their dad because you be bustin them ankles at the courts?

Before you know it their moms will be at the court baking pies saying shit like "go give this to your father."
Straight_Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
nathanjizzle
Trumptard Persecutor

Default Re: Annoying kids calling me dad on the court

you are a dad if you use the term "sweet moves"
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:57 PM   #3
Straight_Ballin
3/8 is real

Budadiiii is so upset that I'm not his dad:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=334637

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=334638
Old 05-04-2014, 06:47 PM   #4
blazersfan52
Learning to shoot layups

Me and my younger brother have done this to our older brother before for kicks and giggles, but I can see how it would get really annoying.
blazersfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:43 PM   #5
Springsteen
très bien

they need a father figure in their lives

are you gonna let them down?
Springsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:19 PM   #6
mr beast
BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
So after pullin a few sweet moves at the local outdoor courts on some guys my own age, now I get the occasional random young teen sayin shit like "hey dad, what time are we having dinner tonight." Or "yep, that's my dad."

They do this in an attempt to get recognition from their friends. Probably don't even know who their real father is. Last thing I need is my wife hearing some shit like this or child services at my door. It doesn't help that the older guys raise questions like "oh, that skinny little Asian kid your kid? (I'm not Asian) "Is he on the school team?" and shit like that.

Anyone else have this problem with the local teens trying to be the cool kid at the park making other kids think that your their dad because you be bustin them ankles at the courts?

Before you know it their moms will be at the court baking pies saying shit like "go give this to your father."

LMAO how old are you? just embrace it
mr beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:46 PM   #7
Rake2204
NBA Superstar

This is honestly pretty funny. If this story is truthful, yes, this would be something to embrace.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:17 PM   #8
The_Night_Elf
My Game's Nucking Futs

You could go on Maury...
The_Night_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:22 PM   #9
Ai2death
I am ZeNs B*tch

Just go with it man, if your wife falls for that shit, you got bigger problems. Child services have real issues to be chasing, they're not gonna worry bout some old dude getting called dad by random kids on the play ground.

I balled with a dude we all called father, which has now lead to calling him father time as dudes old as but still gets the job done at a great rate.
Ai2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:36 AM   #10
miggyme1
Back to Business

Quote:

if they call u dad...call them b^tches SON! and then treat them like u would your son...post up aggressively..elbows to the temple of their soft craniums...untie their shoes when they not looking...set hard picks.....flagrant fouls...tell them their mom swallowed their siblings last night.

get in their head!!!!!
miggyme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:56 AM   #11
iBandwagon
Serious playground baller

Quote:

Man, this is what gets to you? I agree, they shouldn't look up to you as a father figure if this makes you come to ISH cryin'.
iBandwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:36 AM   #12
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Any number of 'your mama' jokes seem appropriate in this situation.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:01 AM   #13
Straight_Ballin
3/8 is real

This continues to happen.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:53 PM   #14
dunksby
NBA Superstar

Quote: