Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 04-15-2007, 11:22 PM   #1
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool
Default Ban Joe Crawford

http://www.petitiononline.com/ISH2007/petition.html

please click on the URL and sign up on the petition to ban Crawford.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:15 PM   #2
turdfurgeson
Can barely lace up my sneakers

turdfurgeson has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Ban Joe Crawford

I signed it, but not for little Timmy Duncan who complains just as much as Sheed (although not as loudly) and cries everytime the refs T him up.

I knew it would take one of the leagues 'good guys' getting unfair treatment for everyone to realize something us Pistons fans (with Sheed and Rip) all ready know: NBA refs hold grudges against certain players and it hurts the entertainment value of the game.

I think Billups is the only 'protected' player on the Pistons roster.
Just for the fun of it, here's my top-10 list of 'protected' players.

1. DWade - a great player who relies too much on leaning into defenders to score his points.
2. Lebron James- doesn't get so many whistles, but the man routinely took three to four steps after dribbling in last year's playoffs.
3. Ginobli - How many more offensive fouls does he get to shoot two free throws for?
4. Duncan - Has become an incessant whiner any time he is called for a foul.
5. Arenas - That foul called at the end of regulation earlier this year that gave the Wizards a win, was a joke.
6. Shaq - Just for his shoulder drive where he knocks the defender to the ground and dunks on him. This usually leads to a free throw for Shaq.
7. Bruce Bowen - who else plays kung fu on everybody he guards and gets praisded for being a defensive stopper. Just ask Ray Allen about him.
8. Billups - This has become a crutch in his game lately as he too often looks for contact instead of pulling up for a 15-ft J.
9. Kobe - although he used to be at the top of this list I think his popularity must have dwidnled after the Lakers were no longer contenders.
10. Any Utah player at home. The refs must be scared of mormons or something. Because it seems the Jazz always get calls at home (esp. in the Stockton-Malone days). Not a fun place to play.

Honorable Mention: Jeff Foster, Ind. - I swear he goes over the back more than anyone in the league and it always kills the Pistons when they don't call it.

Hope no one gets too mad at the list, I was only half-serious on some of them.
turdfurgeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:10 AM   #3
defendish
I airball my layups

defendish has an OK reputation so far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B4smT43bMU
defendish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 04:03 PM   #4
sfpistonfan
I airball my layups

sfpistonfan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdfurgeson
I signed it, but not for little Timmy Duncan who complains just as much as Sheed (although not as loudly) and cries everytime the refs T him up.

I knew it would take one of the leagues 'good guys' getting unfair treatment for everyone to realize something us Pistons fans (with Sheed and Rip) all ready know: NBA refs hold grudges against certain players and it hurts the entertainment value of the game.

I think Billups is the only 'protected' player on the Pistons roster.
Just for the fun of it, here's my top-10 list of 'protected' players.

1. DWade - a great player who relies too much on leaning into defenders to score his points.
2. Lebron James- doesn't get so many whistles, but the man routinely took three to four steps after dribbling in last year's playoffs.
3. Ginobli - How many more offensive fouls does he get to shoot two free throws for?
4. Duncan - Has become an incessant whiner any time he is called for a foul.
5. Arenas - That foul called at the end of regulation earlier this year that gave the Wizards a win, was a joke.
6. Shaq - Just for his shoulder drive where he knocks the defender to the ground and dunks on him. This usually leads to a free throw for Shaq.
7. Bruce Bowen - who else plays kung fu on everybody he guards and gets praisded for being a defensive stopper. Just ask Ray Allen about him.
8. Billups - This has become a crutch in his game lately as he too often looks for contact instead of pulling up for a 15-ft J.
9. Kobe - although he used to be at the top of this list I think his popularity must have dwidnled after the Lakers were no longer contenders.
10. Any Utah player at home. The refs must be scared of mormons or something. Because it seems the Jazz always get calls at home (esp. in the Stockton-Malone days). Not a fun place to play.

Honorable Mention: Jeff Foster, Ind. - I swear he goes over the back more than anyone in the league and it always kills the Pistons when they don't call it.

Hope no one gets too mad at the list, I was only half-serious on some of them.

Great comment! There are some other concerns. the NBA is starting to resemble Heavy Weight Boxing. A lot of it has to do with Referee's making calls and not calling what we all know to be fundamental Basketball.

Another question: How can we expect aa 50 year old referee to keep up with the pace of ten 19 to 25 year old athleats running at full trottle? It is really not possible...The NBA realized that when they adopted three referee's over two.

The NBA does not have Instant Replay, (and I am not suggesting it) but even a novis fan can make basic carring, traveling, palming and blocking fouls.

Last edited by sfpistonfan : 06-02-2007 at 04:07 PM.
sfpistonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 04:26 PM   #5
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfpistonfan
Great comment! There are some other concerns. the NBA is starting to resemble Heavy Weight Boxing. A lot of it has to do with Referee's making calls and not calling what we all know to be fundamental Basketball.

Another question: How can we expect aa 50 year old referee to keep up with the pace of ten 19 to 25 year old athleats running at full trottle? It is really not possible...The NBA realized that when they adopted three referee's over two.

The NBA does not have Instant Replay, (and I am not suggesting it) but even a novis fan can make basic carring, traveling, palming and blocking fouls.
I would love to see the referee's get back to the fundamental of this great game. My biggest problem with them is calling a foul on some players and not others. Stop looking at players as star and just do there job. Great thouhgts sfpistonfan
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 04:35 PM   #6
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Hey sfpistonfan, I notice we don't have a avatar pick out yet. Considering we are NBA fans and love our teams let's pick a avatar for the year of each other teams to display. Can you handle that or what.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: