Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Better overall defender: Wall or Westbrook?

I GOT..

Passing lanes: Tie
    Defense without the ball: Wall
    On ball: Probably Wall by a small margin? I really can't choose between the two.

How about you guys?

Default Re: Better overall defender: Wall or Westbrook?

Westbrook was a net negative on defense this year so the answer is Wall.

Defensive Effort: Wall ( Gives him the overall edge)
    Passing Lanes: Westbrook (Steals at the expense of good defense)
    Blocking: Wall (probably the best guard since Wade and Jordan)
    Man to Man: Westbrook (When he tries, I think Wall fights over screens better so you can go either way)
    Last edited by navy; 05-13-2015 at 11:56 PM.

Wall not even close. Westbrook plays dumb defense and makes too many mistakes goin for highlight plays

Banned

Guess who Westbrook's man was:

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

CP3 is better than both IMO, but the answer is Wall.

All you guys with the stats... WB was playing with the worst defensive Center in basketball and without Ibaka for the last quarter of the season. Westbrook embarrassed Wall so bad they didn't even put Wall on him while Westrook hit the game winner against them. Come playoffs, he has routinely shut down Parker and Conley, 2 very good PGs and primetime playoff performers. I will take that over anything Wall has done in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    Guess who Westbrook's man was:

Yeah, if OP asked about 2012. Good gif, very relevant.

Probably Wall, though when Westbrook is focused his man to man defense is amazing. He gambles too much in the regular season.

But this play was hilarious, Wall playing that James Harden defense on a game winning play.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    All you guys with the stats... WB was playing with the worst defensive Center in basketball and without Ibaka for the last quarter of the season. Westbrook embarrassed Wall so bad they didn't even put Wall on him while Westrook hit the game winner against them. Come playoffs, he has routinely shut down Parker and Conley, 2 very good PGs and primetime playoff performers. I will take that over anything Wall has done in the playoffs.
    Yeah, if OP asked about 2012. Good gif, very relevant.

Way to contradict yourself, Westbrook is not even in the playoffs this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo

Way to contradict yourself, Westbrook is not even in the playoffs this year.
    You don't make any sense. Post a gif from 2015 like graviton did. Fallen posted one from 3 years ago. If you're thinking, would I rather have Wall not playing in the playoffs and his team losing, or Westbrook not being in the playoffs? I would not want either.

In any regard, the answer is Westbrook because he has proven it on the big stage. Wall has been a 2nd round dud both times he's been there.

You don't make any sense. Post a gif from 2015 like graviton did. Fallen posted one from 3 years ago. If you're thinking, would I rather have Wall not playing in the playoffs and his team losing, or Westbrook not being in the playoffs? I would not want either.

In any regard, the answer is Westbrook because he has proven it on the big stage. Wall has been a 2nd round dud both times he's been there.
    Fallen posts a gif from 2012, and you call him out saying OP didn't ask about 2012... when your previous post basically talks about 2012-2014 playoffs?

See the contradiction?

You implied that OP is talking about the 2015 season, therefore Fallen's gif is irrelevant because it's from 2012 (which I agree). Then you proceed to say that Westbrook is the better defender from what he's done in 2012-2014...?

See the contradiction yet?

Wall is a better defender than Westbrook this year. Not comparing 2015 Wall to 2012-2014 Westbrook, but comparing 2015 Wall to 2015 Westbrook.

It's not a knock on Westbrook at all, he shoulders a much larger offensive load than Wall does so it's only natural he sacrifices some energy on the defensive end.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    CP3 is better than both IMO
    no sht sherlock whos debatin that

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Probably Wall, though when Westbrook is focused his man to man defense is amazing. He gambles too much in the regular season.

But this play was hilarious, Wall playing that James Harden defense on a game winning play.

Yeah, Wall is going to foul WESTBROOK there when he's flying through the air? That's a recipe for an and-1. He was guarding the guy in the corner, if anything his bigs should've had his back at the rim.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

The guy didn't even play in the games where his team could've put the series away. But yes, he's been a "dud" this 2nd round.

westbrook