Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-16-2007, 06:01 PM   #16
D-Wade
Great college starter

D-Wade has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Your Favorite Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
what this sport really needs is some Heavyweights....

Heavyweight fighters are what people really want to watch...I loved to watch Delahoya and Mosley and Trinidad and all of them but they all have losses now and the excitment has died down...

we need a new Mike Tyson....and a new cast like Holyfeild and Lewis to go along with him...
There will never be another Mike Tyson the guy is a god.
D-Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:07 PM   #17
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wade
There will never be another Mike Tyson the guy is a god.

was a god...

then everyone realized that he has the brain of a 5 year old and can't beat an oppenent with actual skill...

he was still fun to watch and brought a huge fan base to boxing...that is what is missing now...
Old 04-16-2007, 06:19 PM   #18
tmacman
Good High School Starter

tmacman is starting to rub some people the wrong way

That filipino boxer is really fun to watch(Pacqiuao or something). i watched a ppv fight at my buddies house, and he fights with alot of quickness. He eventually won the fight after he got his eyebrow slit.. Yeah i'll give him a go as my fav. boxer.
tmacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:32 PM   #19
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Mike Tyson; greatest trash talker of all time.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:35 PM   #20
D-Wade
Great college starter

Mike tyson had it all. People go on he could fight untill he met someone with Skill, so that brings me to the queston who did he meet with skill that beat him?

Answer that and i will reply with a resonable explenation.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:57 PM   #21
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
Mike Tyson; greatest trash talker of all time.

huh?...he could barely speak English...

the king of trash talking goes to Ali...
Old 04-16-2007, 07:01 PM   #22
-primetime-

Quote:
Mike tyson had it all. People go on he could fight untill he met someone with Skill, so that brings me to the queston who did he meet with skill that beat him?

Answer that and i will reply with a resonable explenation.

Holyfield and Lewis both beat him bad...

you can blame the fact that he wasn't in his prime with Lewis but not the first time him and Holyfield met....he just got beat down fair and square...

here is a better question for you...who did Tyson ever beat that did have skill?

he did not have everything...he had 2 things only...a devestating knock out punch and most of all....intimidation

that is 50% of Tyson's skill....pure intimidation
Old 04-16-2007, 07:08 PM   #23
D-Wade
Great college starter

Quote:
Holyfield and Lewis both beat him bad...

you can blame the fact that he wasn't in his prime with Lewis but not the first time him and Holyfield met....he just got beat down fair and square...

here is a better question for you...who did Tyson ever beat that did have skill?

he did not have everything...he had 2 things only...a devestating knock out punch and most of all....intimidation

that is 50% of Tyson's skill....pure intimidation

Answer to first queston.

Hollyfield beat him after he had done 3 and a half years in prison and half a year out of the ring. So 4 years of no boxing and then Hollyfield beat him?

He only had 2 things?

Power and intimidation on top of excellent co-ordination, speed, and defense.

Last edited by D-Wade : 04-16-2007 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:12 PM   #24
-primetime-

Quote:
Answer to first queston.

Hollyfield beat him after he had done 3 and a half years in prison and half a year out of the ring. So 4 years of no boxing and then Hollyfield beat him?

he had plenty of fights and training time to get back into shape...and he was still young

Let me also piont out that Holyfeild was not in his prime when he met Tyson for the first time....he would have given Tyson a better fight a few years before that...

Holyfeild was a better fighter that didn't not let himself get intimidated by Tyson unlike the others...

Once people saw that he could be beat no one really got intimidated after that...

His biggest weapon was scaring people...

the guy really didn't even have a jab...just run in there and try to knock the other guy out and if that didn't work he was in trouble...
Old 04-16-2007, 07:20 PM   #25
D-Wade
Great college starter

Quote:
he had plenty of fights and training time to get back into shape...and he was still young

Let me also piont out that Holyfeild was not in his prime when he met Tyson for the first time....he would have given Tyson a better fight a few years before that...

Holyfeild was a better fighter that didn't not let himself get intimidated by Tyson unlike the others...

Once people saw that he could be beat no one really got intimidated after that...

His biggest weapon was scaring people...

the guy really didn't even have a jab...just run in there and try to knock the other guy out and if that didn't work he was in trouble...

Tyson didnt have a jab?

Your really not familiar with Tyson pre-prison are you? Hollyfield was still in his prime when he met Tyson, 2 years after Tyson, Hollyfield got a win over a Prime Lewis. But after 4 years of no boxing and no training boxing wise at all would any man be as good as he was?

No one got intimidated after that?

Norris, didnt come out for the bell after the 1st round

Saverease, stood still, didnt know what to do and took a 18 second hiding

Golota, 3rd round quit on his stool and then had a mini break down. Turned out after the fight that tyson punched him that hard in the face he broke a bone in the guys neck.

Last edited by D-Wade : 04-16-2007 at 07:23 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:29 PM   #26
-primetime-

Quote:
Tyson didnt have a jab?

Your really not familiar with Tyson pre-prison are you? Hollyfield was still in his prime when he met Tyson, 2 years after Tyson, Hollyfield got a win over a Prime Lewis. But after 4 years of no boxing and no training boxing wise at all would any man be as good as he was?

No one got intimidated after that?

Norris, didnt come out for the bell after the 1st round

Saverease, stood still, didnt know what to do and took a 18 second hiding

Golota, 3rd round quit on his stool and then had a mini break down. Turned out after the fight that tyson punched him that hard in the face he broke a bone in the guys neck.

I saw ALL of Tyson's fights from the Trever Berbick and on....ALL of them

Tyson did not have a jab...at all...not an effective one anyway...he is too short and not built for that....Ali would have had a feild day with Tyson...just like Evander did

you still have yet to tell me a boxer that Tyson beat that was any good at all...

and like I said...it wasn't like Tyson had to fight Holyfiled the first day they let him out....he had PLENTY of time to get back into shape...in fact he claimed to be in better shape than he was when he went in....he was definatly more ripped and well toned....
Old 04-16-2007, 07:31 PM   #27
D-Wade
Great college starter

Quote:
I saw ALL of Tyson's fights from the Trever Berbick and on....ALL of them

Tyson did not have a jab...at all...not an effective one anyway...he is too short and not built for that....Ali would have had a feild day with Tyson...just like Evander did

you still have yet to tell me a boxer that Tyson beat that was any good at all...

and like I said...it wasn't like Tyson had to fight Holyfiled the first day they let him out....he had PLENTY of time to get back into shape...in fact he claimed to be in better shape than he was when he went in....he was definatly more ripped and well toned....

He beat some good boxers. The main one being Michael Spinks, he was a good boxer and undefeated untill he met Tyson, not only did Tyson beat him he did it without hardly getting hit and only taken him 2 minutes.

ps not only undefeated he had never even been down.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:36 PM   #28
-primetime-

Quote:
He beat some good boxers. The main one being Michael Spinks, he was a good boxer and undefeated untill he met Tyson, not only did Tyson beat him he did it without hardly getting hit and only taken him 2 minutes.

ps not only undefeated he had never even been down.
Spinks was scared sh-itless....that fight was a complete joke and you know it
Old 04-16-2007, 07:37 PM   #29
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Manny Pacquiao all the way. All time I'd say Roberto Duran. I'm a fan of the "warrior style" boxing. Brawlers.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:39 PM   #30
D-Wade
Great college starter

Quote:
Spinks was scared sh-itless....that fight was a complete joke and you know it

Spinks wasnt no walkover he won the Gold medal at the Olympic Games and was 31-0 with 21 ko's when he met Tyson.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: