Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-16-2007, 03:13 AM   #16
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Duncan comments about Crawford (this is getting good)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
He didn't get suspended for tossing Nellie in the first few minutes of a playoff game. Nellie was just standing there looking at him and boom, boom, boom, he's gone.

If JC got away with that in the playoffs, I don't really see why they would punish him now.

Its disgusting ain't it. They probably get a bonus or something instead.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:18 AM   #17
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far

You guys gotta know Timmy is a good guy. He's been playing for over 10 years and before this ejection he only got one.

Crawford definitely had something bad to eat that night.
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:23 AM   #18
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

I think tim's the best basketball player in the league and a classy guy.

However, this guy complains like a ***** and almost always never gets T'd up! So I was kind of happy. But if what he says is true, this was just plain wrong.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:50 AM   #19
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

I'm still bitter that Rasheed Wallace got tossed in Game 1 of 2000 WCF for staring at a ref. In a series that went 7 games, they lost their most important player.. wow.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:34 AM   #20
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
He didn't get suspended for tossing Nellie in the first few minutes of a playoff game. Nellie was just standing there looking at him and boom, boom, boom, he's gone.

If JC got away with that in the playoffs, I don't really see why they would punish him now.

If the coach is ejected, does the assistant coach take over the head coach, or does the head coach get a microphone linked to the PA, watch the game in the locker room and bellow orders to his players?
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:38 AM   #21
bumpyknucks
High School Varsity 12th Man

bumpyknucks is considered somewhat coolbumpyknucks is considered somewhat cool

I wish I could find that clip of Duncan in the Olympics when he was pissed about the call and faced the wrong way when lining up to rebound the resulting free throws. He is one of the NBA´s funniest complainers about calls.
bumpyknucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:51 AM   #22
P-Forty21

any1 got a youtube link of the ejection...havnt seen it yet
Old 04-16-2007, 06:03 AM   #23
Nero
Great young streetballer

Nero has an OK reputation so far

TD is my favorite player but he does ***** a lot. Still, what does that have to do with Crawford's power to eject him for laughing on the bench. Why was he even looking at the bench rather than the game? He obviously has a stiff one for Tim and should not be allowed to ref SAS games.
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:27 AM   #24
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Spurs are the most boring team to watch. I have to change the channel when I see that it's them playing. Duncan is a farm boy. God I'm getting dehydrating thinking of their monochrome jerseys.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:30 AM   #25
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Fired simple as that, Crawford had no right doing what he did. Unless theres evidence I would fire Crawford.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:00 AM   #26
Ridlyn
I airball my layups

Ridlyn has an OK reputation so far

D. Stern better act on the Crawford. Duncan didn't do anything to deserve the ejection.
Ridlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:04 AM   #27
bence23
High School Varsity 6th Man

bence23 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
The Spurs are the most boring team to watch. I have to change the channel when I see that it's them playing. Duncan is a farm boy. God I'm getting dehydrating thinking of their monochrome jerseys.
bence23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:09 AM   #28
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Will Joey Crawford play the role of spoiler for the Spurs in the playoffs? :) That'd be funny.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:10 AM   #29
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am sure that TD gets his fair share of complaining in... in the NBA, he is mild by comparison. Joey Crawford was completely out of line. He gets on his power trips and I honestly think he does not have the right temperment for today's NBA game.

It just ruins the integrity of the game to see this sort of thing happen. I think that is what gets me mad the most. The refs are supposed to COMPLIMENT the game, not CONTROL it or change the playing field with their power.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:14 AM   #30
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Tim Duncan does complain quite a bit, but there really is no justification for an ejection last night, considering he didn't do much complaining at all. Again, I'm interested in seeing what the league will do, though, chances are, we'll never find out.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: