Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-25-2007, 09:09 AM   #31
bringthetruth
Banned

bringthetruth has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: 10 Min To Educate You About Blacks Plight In America

Did you guys not know , when blacks tried to band together as a community in the past white people found a way to break it up thru violence and the divide and conqueor tecniques?

http://logicalthinker.tripod.com/blackwall1.html

Black folks seem to be the only people in america when in history they try to come together and do good positives things to and for each other, someone comes along to try and destroy what progresss that has been made.
bringthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:22 AM   #32
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
This mentality is so childish. It's basically saying that if people don't think a certain way that you'd like to be thought of, then you are just going to throw a tantrum and act bad.

spoken like a child with no sense of history or any perspective on social interaction

Maybe you need to read up on your history so you can gain a real understanding of what it means to be "thought of" in a certain way...

White people murdering MLK is just "thoughts"?

Medger Evers getting murdered by Bigots is just "thoughts"

there is a whole history of struggle, between black folks and bigots that illustrates the shapin of black folks

Quote:
It doesn't surprise me though because most of the black leaders that have extended themselves into the spotlight are nothing more than pandering apologists, not men of action like MLK.

Men of action like MLK ? let me ask you...What happened to MLK for his all his action? Why do ignorant people always spit his name out first? as if they loved this guy People always wanna point to MLK nowadays as some kind of role model as to what blacks should be like... Well lets give another history lesson and remind folks that MLK was considered much worse person than Sharpton and Jesse combined... He was called all the names Sharpton gets called.....He was monitored by the FBI...And yes he was killed for being "a man of action".....People dont really want another MLK..just look what happened to the last one

Quote:
Bill Cosby is also out there laying the root causes of a lot of AA's problems right there in front of people but he only listened to, his advice is ignored. It's real simple, if AAs have the mentality that they must look to other people for their own success and failures before they move up the economic ladder(at least that's the vibe I am getting here in this forum), then the Asians and Latinos are going to be more than happy to fill the ranks of upper and middle income America while AA's remain idle.

Bill Cosby is no leader and thats why nobody listened to him....Ive already blasted him enough in other threads, so Ill lay off him and hope he stops grandstanding and brings himself to the communities he talks about and begins to actully work with them instead of standing at a black tie function with rich people when he goes into his tirades against the poor..Cosby needs to stop all the talkin and do some work for a change
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:59 PM   #33
Cavs Fan
Kids at the park dunk on me

Cavs Fan has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
spoken like a child with no sense of history or any perspective on social interaction

Maybe you need to read up on your history so you can gain a real understanding of what it means to be "thought of" in a certain way...

White people murdering MLK is just "thoughts"?

Medger Evers getting murdered by Bigots is just "thoughts"

there is a whole history of struggle, between black folks and bigots that illustrates the shapin of black folks

Men of action like MLK ? let me ask you...What happened to MLK for his all his action? Why do ignorant people always spit his name out first? as if they loved this guy People always wanna point to MLK nowadays as some kind of role model as to what blacks should be like... Well lets give another history lesson and remind folks that MLK was considered much worse person than Sharpton and Jesse combined... He was called all the names Sharpton gets called.....He was monitored by the FBI...And yes he was killed for being "a man of action".....People dont really want another MLK..just look what happened to the last one

Bill Cosby is no leader and thats why nobody listened to him....Ive already blasted him enough in other threads, so Ill lay off him and hope he stops grandstanding and brings himself to the communities he talks about and begins to actully work with them instead of standing at a black tie function with rich people when he goes into his tirades against the poor..Cosby needs to stop all the talkin and do some work for a change

In my whole post, the only things you chose to truly address was 2 sentences where I praised 2 black men. Everything else was grandstanding rhetoric.

The present day USA is one of the fairest societies in the world towards minorities especially blacks, I don't know that there is a whole lot more you can expect.
Cavs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:17 PM   #34
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
n my whole post, the only things you chose to truly address was 2 sentences where I praised 2 black men. Everything else was grandstanding rhetoric.

Its hard not to grandstand on that naive nonsense you wrote....

Its all truth too

Your praise of MLK is misguided because you'd be the same guy callin him names if he were alive today..

you'd tell him "Why all the complainin? You people have it great here"

and like I said, every body who knows nothing on the subject is a Cosby fan... The next time Cosby steps up to support somebody will be the first time he's ever done it

Last edited by Rasheed1 : 04-25-2007 at 04:24 PM.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: