Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-17-2007, 02:32 PM   #16
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation
Default Re: The N-Word

yea these crackas got it twisted bruh...he took it outta context.....
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:33 PM   #17
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

Enigmatism has an OK reputation so far

wow
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:39 PM   #18
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation

hahaha
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:20 PM   #19
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by STelfair31
not sterotypin my race..... were not all the same but there are some blacks that are from the country and act hood...and its accepted fo them b/c their black if a white person from the country acts black their a ******..... whites aren't us so don't use our shyt...... U can have white, black, latin ni66as....in case so of you racist didn't kno ni66er means ignorant...so if you callin a black a ni66er your really the ni66er for thinkin all blacks are ni66ers.....NI66A!! hahaha

I would rather snort battery acid then read that crap. Form some coherent and complete sentences and get back to us. Way to break the stereotype by typing that way...
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:25 PM   #20
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by STelfair31
yea these crackas got it twisted bruh...he took it outta context.....

You just might be the dumbest person on this board.

Trying to read your grammar, dare I call it that, is like getting raped by a bear, only more painful. Grow up and come back to this board after you get out of middle school. Not to mention you have Sebastian Telfair in your avatar
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:30 PM   #21
ronron15
High School Starter

ronron15 is considered somewhat coolronron15 is considered somewhat cool

it doesnt matter.. black white yellow orange green blue

its how cool u are with the person using it...

if ya cool and usin it in an appropriate place, then its all good
ronron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:42 PM   #22
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronron15
it doesnt matter.. black white yellow orange green blue

its how cool u are with the person using it...

if ya cool and usin it in an appropriate place, then its all good

^correct

Just like you cant call somebody's mother a pig just because you heard their daddy say it to her....

people need to start using common sense and stop whining about this stuff
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:45 PM   #23
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

At the end of the show. The guy who was doing the interviews. (not sure who it was) said that its up to you (the black people) to decide how that word should be used. If at all.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:39 PM   #24
ronron15
High School Starter

ronron15 is considered somewhat coolronron15 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
At the end of the show. The guy who was doing the interviews. (not sure who it was) said that its up to you (the black people) to decide how that word should be used. If at all.

well that doesnt make sense, because "you (the black people)" refers to every black man on the planet....

tats too broad.. tats refering to every single black man... u cant figure out every single one of them... some might use it liberally while others won't... theres no way to see how "the black people" use it....

if the interview dude really said that, hes just trying to say that black people decided to use it without respect to the past, but theres also black brothers that dont use it and he wouldn't know... u see wat im sayin???!?

Last edited by ronron15 : 04-17-2007 at 06:42 PM.
ronron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:52 PM   #25
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronron15
well that doesnt make sense, because "you (the black people)" refers to every black man on the planet....

tats too broad.. tats refering to every single black man... u cant figure out every single one of them... some might use it liberally while others won't... theres no way to see how "the black people" use it....

if the interview dude really said that, hes just trying to say that black people decided to use it without respect to the past, but theres also black brothers that dont use it and he wouldn't know... u see wat im sayin???!?
It is up to YOU the black people. If you accept use of the word. Than white people will use it... If you don't than they won't.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:39 PM   #26
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
im white, and ill admit i say it a bit. I dont use it in a derogatory way, at least not intentionally, but mainly just when im greeting a friend or something. Its kind of like pop culture now. And its never around anyone who will take offense. I mean, Melo is black and he's my idol.
Im from Australia though, so its hardly even an issue here since not many black people live here.

So you are white, and you say something like "what up my n!gga" to your white friends? Tell me how that makes any sense whatsoever.. Because of "pop culture?" wow..
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:44 PM   #27
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
It is up to YOU the black people. If you accept use of the word. Than white people will use it... If you don't than they won't.
It doesn't matter if we PERSONALLY stop using the word. As someone said before, rappers and hip-hop artists have a large affect on the general acceptance of it. For example, lets say that every black person in a given area decides to stop using the word.. ok, that's all fine and good. Will that stop people from using it if they hear 50, Luda, Kanye, etc.. using it on a daily basis? I doubt it.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:58 PM   #28
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
lilrich why are u even on here? i have never heard u say the N-word for 6 years

maybe its because u are not black???

lol i think even terence used it; and i use is "less" because all the people who used it either dropped out or got sent to alta vista.
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:28 PM   #29
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Rap is a minsterel show for the most part. Sort of hard to ask them to stop acting like savage beasts, when that's all they know. I'd love to hear what kind of positive change these idiots feel that they have brought about over the past 20 years of "reclaiming ownership" of the word. And making millions of dollars for themselves doesn't really count in this case.

Anybody see Oprah today? Stanley Crouch pwned Russel Simmons, and some dumbass Steven A Smith wannabe (the VP of Warner Bros! )
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:30 PM   #30
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Rap is a minsterel show for the most part. Sort of hard to ask them to stop acting like savage beasts, when that's all they know. I'd love to hear what kind of positive change these idiots feel that they have brought about over the past 20 years of "reclaiming ownership" of the word. And making millions of dollars for themselves doesn't really count in this case.

Anybody see Oprah today? Stanley Crouch pwned Russel Simmons, and some dumbass Steven A Smith wannabe (the VP of Warner Bros! )
Common was there too. So I guess 50 can't say she doesn't put rappers on the show anymore.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: