Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-19-2007, 10:42 PM   #61
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The N-Word

yeauhhh nukka im white
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:46 PM   #62
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

waz gone on up in heeea???
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:47 PM   #63
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by STelfair31
Mix ppl are black..... so what r u talking about?? any real ni66a would tell you that... but your prob from the country....

I'm 15.... wit ppl in the streets....

I'm not thinking every white man is evil...i treat everyone the same.... i have white friends that are cool

mix ppl aint black u stoopid turd lol dey is haf n haf dat means dey is white 2 lol!!!1 i am frum da hood so u betta shut yo mouf ye herd?...yall ni66az kno im from da streetz jus look how i type its gangsta!!1!
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:50 PM   #64
Randy

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
yea i wasn't tryin to be racist cuz i'm not i'm just sayin how it is where i'm from..

ya me 2...all theze ni66az be frontin but me n u r real ni66az fo life
Old 04-20-2007, 02:04 AM   #65
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fundamentals
There r 2 meanings to the N-word....people have twisted the word just like many others such as HO and BIT**...ones a jolly greeting and a garden tool...the others a female dog....NIGG wit an ER is a trashy person who never fixes themselves up...whites during slavery used it to downgrate blacks.....in turn blacks started sayin NIGG wit an A turnin something hurtful into sometin that most feels iz not....its a word some blacks tend to use along wit yo, wats happin, 4 sho....just like whites say wooooo dude, totaly awesome, right on man...but my b-ball friends it all comes down to

FREEDOM

Has Dude, and Man ever been said to a white person to degrate them?

Nigg-a and Nigg-er, are the same word, they both mean black. thats it end of story. There's no different way, you just think there is because you're too cool to spell it the proper way, and Nigg-a is the 'gangsta way'

Quote:
Mix ppl are black..... so what r u talking about?? any real ni66a would tell you that... but your prob from the country....

I'm 15.... wit ppl in the streets....

I'm not thinking every white man is evil...i treat everyone the same.... i have white friends that are cool

Oh man, I wish I lived on the streets. See thats thing about the people that think they're gangsta, you influence people that 'living on the street' is the cool thing to do, and we should disrespect our parents so we can get kicked out of home.

You're a really really really stupid 15 year old. I've never met a more immature person my age then you. Whats your purpose in life, with this kind of immaturity, you'll just end up flipping burgers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fundamentals
dat is wat I meant in case ya'll coundn't read but get wat ya'll sayin but it still only comes down 2 freedom

You're right and wrong. How far does freedom get you?

Is there any time that you shouldn't speak up? Like maybe towards your parents?

As STelfair31 has said, he's grown up on the streets, which is either his parents giving him too much freedom, or him just being a complete ******* and disrespecting them. If it's the latter, then STelfair31, you got problems man, fix yourself up is my advice to you.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:25 AM   #66
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

I don't say it, but i live in a black area and everone says it.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:38 PM   #67
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation

mix ain't black but i'd be accepted in black community mo than white.... and 20 dimes you prob would be allowed to say it b/c if white cats is cool they are one of us... At the drive in...your kinda right what is my purpose basketball and baseball are my purposes and if i don't make it in one of them then i'll go to college....
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:20 PM   #68
Randy

Quote:
mix ain't black but i'd be accepted in black community mo than white.... and 20 dimes you prob would be allowed to say it b/c if white cats is cool they are one of us... At the drive in...your kinda right what is my purpose basketball and baseball are my purposes and if i don't make it in one of them then i'll go to college....

Do you plan on getting drafted out of high school or something for baseball? Good luck making it professionally without college.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:34 PM   #69
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I'd be accepted in a black community to, but i prefer not to get involved with all that bull****. so if 'white cats' prove to you they're cool, then they can call you nig-ga? what? why? why would you let them!?! thats a word that de-grades your whole culture, but since these 'white cats' are cool, they're allowed to say it?

I really thought you were just an immature kid, but you've managed to make that even worse. You are the stupidest person on the planet.

I really hope you don't get into college, just so if we were ever to see each other, i can spit in your face for being de-grading everyone you know. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:12 PM   #70
STelfair31

??
Old 04-23-2007, 01:08 PM   #71
STelfair31

white ppl will always say the n-word... u can't stop it
Old 04-23-2007, 03:56 PM   #72
Randy

Quote:
white ppl will always say the n-word... u can't stop it

Just stop posting. AtTheDriveIn has spoken for us all. Shut up.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:54 PM   #73
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default the flip side

Hip-hop's socially conscious side

Critics focus too much on commercial rap's racism and sexism, ignoring the positive messages of most hip-hop artists.

By Jeff Chang and Dave Zirin,

JEFF CHANG is the editor of "Total Chaos: The Art and Aesthetics of Hip-Hop."

DAVE ZIRIN is the author of the forthcoming "Welcome to the Terrordome: The Pain, Politics and Promise of Sports."

April 23, 2007

MUCH OF THE criticism of commercial rap music that it's homophobic and sexist and celebrates violence is well-founded. But most of the carping we've heard against hip-hop in the wake of the Don Imus affair is more scapegoating than serious.

Who is being challenged here? It's not the media oligarchs, which twist an art form into an orgy of materialism, violence and misogyny by spending millions to sign a few artists willing to spout cartoon violence on command.Rather, it's a small number of black artists Snoop Dogg, Ludacris and 50 Cent, to name some who are paid large amounts to perpetuate some of America's oldest racial and sexual stereotypes.

But none of the critics who accuse hip-hop of single-handedly coarsening the culture think to speak with members of the hip-hop generation, who are supposedly both targets and victims of the rap culture. They might be surprised at what this generation is saying.

In his recent PBS documentary "Beyond Beats and Rhymes," filmmaker Byron Hurt made clear that rap music can be as sexist and homophobic as it can be positive and enlightening. Marginalized young women and men have found their voices in hip-hop arts, gathering to share culture at b-girl conventions around the world or reading for each other in after-school poetry classes. Hurt's film pointed the finger where it needs to be pointed at American popular culture, which has trafficked in racist and sexist images and language for centuries and provides all sorts of incentives for young men of color to act out a hard-core masculinity.

If all the overnight anti-hip-hop crusaders really cared about the generation they want to save, they would support the growing Media Justice movement led by hip-hop pioneer Afrika Bambaataa and such outspoken women activists as Malkia Cyril and Rosa Clemente. The group contends that such media powers as Emmis Communications and Clear Channel have corrupted hip-hop radio.

The critics would engage young public intellectuals like Joan Morgan ("When Chickenheads Come Home to Roost"), Gwendolyn D. Pough ("Check It While I Wreck It") and Mark Anthony Neal ("That's the Joint!: The Hip-Hop Studies Reader"), who are defining what they call a new hip-hop feminism.

The gap between the programming on Viacom's MTV and BET and young people's interests seems never to have been bigger. According to the Black Youth Project, a University of Chicago study released in January, the overwhelming majority of young people, especially blacks, believe rap videos portray black women negatively. That's one reason rap music sales declined 20% last year and remain down 16% this year.

Yet sales are a poor indicator of what is really happening in hip-hop.

Local hip-hop scenes are thriving. Great art is being made not just in music but in visual arts, film, theater, dance and poetry. It can be seen in the works of Sarah Jones, Nadine Robinson, Rennie Harris, Kehinde Wiley and Danny Hoch. Hip-hop studies is a rapidly growing and popular field at colleges and universities, with more than 300 classes offered. In hip-hop after-school programs, voter registration groups, feminist gatherings and public forums, the future of hip-hop is under discussion. These hip-hop thinkers want to take the culture that unites many young people and channel it toward political engagement.In 2004, voter registration campaigns using hip-hop to target youth produced more than 2 million new voters under the age of 30.

To confuse commercial rap made by a few artists with how hip-hop is actually lived by millions is to miss the good that hip-hop does. If hip-hop's critics paid attention to the hip-hop generation, they would learn that the discussion has already begun without them and that they might need to listen. Then a real intergenerational conversation could begin.
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:41 AM   #74
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Local hip-hop scenes are thriving. Great art is being made not just in music but in visual arts, film, theater, dance and poetry. It can be seen in the works of Sarah Jones, Nadine Robinson, Rennie Harris, Kehinde Wiley and Danny Hoch. Hip-hop studies is a rapidly growing

Rennie Harris is an old friend of mine... He got me into house music and taught me how to dance... good dude
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:07 PM   #75
STelfair31

cool....
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: