Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 07-17-2006, 02:40 PM   #16
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

I think you guys should get another dominant big man next to Amare. You have Atlanta's pick Top 3 protected, so you could possibly get Brandon Wright from UNC. That way if Amare gets injured, you still have a star down low to carry your team. You also have Boston's Top 10 protected 1st round pick, which will probably be used this year assuming they stay out of the Top 10, which you could use on a defensive minded big that could back up Amare, and then you have your own pick, which you could use on a b-up PG for the future, or a shot blocker like Roy Hibbert or some freshman from Connecticut who is supposed to be like 7'3" or something. Then you would be set. You could also trade your wings for a big man and you wouldn't miss a beat. You could just develop James Jones and Dijon Thompson, since wings work great in your system, (ex. Joe Johnson, Quentin Richardson, Boris Diaw, and Raja Bell). So you have many options to strengthen your front line.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:52 PM   #17
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

STATfan32 has decent reputation
Default hmmm...

well we already got rid of dijon thompson and while a fairly consistent defender james jones is very unconsistent everywhere else, and yes the future does look very promising with the 07 draft for the suns but i dont know about a 7ft3 guy, can he run with the suns? most 7 footers (minus a sharpshooting german in texas) cannot run that fast my friend
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:14 PM   #18
winci
Can barely lace up my sneakers

winci has an OK reputation so far

I'm really excited about the 06/07 draft, I agree 90% with marny navis we should get Brandan Wright with our first pick, the guy is loaded with potential, just imagine him and Amare up front just nasty. with boston's pick it'll all depend if we trade Marion or not if we do trade him then we should get another athletic SF or SF/SG who can eventually take over as our starting SF (It also depends on where Dantoni wants to play Diaw SF or PF or even C) if we don't trade him then take the best PF or PG available and with our own pick take whatever we need.

If we draft Brandan Wright and a good wing (if Marion is traded) we should be ready to defend our tittle (Yes we will be champs this year) in 07/08
winci is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: