Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-16-2007, 08:37 PM   #1
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Question Budinger seriously considering entering the draft?

I posted this in the Draft forum:

Quote:
Chad Ford believes Budinger will come out now because of the feedback the freshman is getting from scouts.

What I don't understand is why he has him as the 14th pick in his draft simulator.

If he enters, he's a top 5 pick imo. He's in the group with B. Wright, J. Wright, etc right behind Oden/Durant.

Where do you guys think he'd go if he does come out? Definitely the best guard in the draft..and perhaps doesn't want to be grouped in with all the stud guards that may come out in 2008.

This would be Phoenix's dream player imo. Super athletic, can shoot from anywhere, can dribble, can pass, has great IQ for a college freshman, team player, good head, etc. etc. etc.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:40 PM   #2
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Budinger seriously considering entering the draft?

He is pretty damn impressive, but I don't think he should come out..
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:44 PM   #3
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think he should. One more year of college ball could teach him things about the game and himself that he might never learn in the NBA (ie. Never learns how to take over a game so never tries to in the NBA).

But from an NBA GM's point of view, this would just add to an already great draft class. Phoenix badly needs another guard.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:48 PM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He should stay in school.

Seattle could draft him if Phx doesnt get Atlanta pick.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:50 PM   #5
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Definately, but you can't blame him for leaving a very disappointed Arizona team for a guaranteed lottery contract.

He is super athletic for someone with such a pure shot. Definately not ready to come in and be a starter yet though. If the Suns didn't need a power poster player so much I would definately want to pick him up. As it stands now I'd prefer Brandon Wright (obviously) or Al Horford.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:53 PM   #6
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
Definately, but you can't blame him for leaving a very disappointed Arizona team for a guaranteed lottery contract.

He is super athletic for someone with such a pure shot. Definately not ready to come in and be a starter yet though. If the Suns didn't need a power poster player so much I would definately want to pick him up. As it stands now I'd prefer Brandon Wright (obviously) or Al Horford.

No way Brandan Wright ends up a Sun unless a GM has a brain cramp.

Horford would be nice to pair with Amare.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:53 PM   #7
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

How can you take someone who is so limited as Horford?

I can understand B. Wright a little bit more cause he has "potential" and his pretty athletic and has a nice touch around the rim...but I'd still take Budinger over him.

Budinger will put up 24/6/5 by the time he's 25-26. I'm not saying he has the potential to, I'm saying he's going to imo.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:58 PM   #8
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
How can you take someone who is so limited as Horford?

I can understand B. Wright a little bit more cause he has "potential" and his pretty athletic and has a nice touch around the rim...but I'd still take Budinger over him.

Budinger will put up 24/6/5 by the time he's 25-26. I'm not saying he has the potential to, I'm saying he's going to imo.

How can you be so sure? It looks like he needs to improve his defense too me before he enters the league. His midrange game could also use a little work. I just don't think he has the potential of B.Wright or the immediate impact of an Al Horford.

I wouldn't be so sure that he could put up 24 points unless he gets a little bigger and gets his midrange game together. Sounds easy, but these are the fundamentals players are totally putting aside these days.

Give me a big who can rebound over a shooting guard who won't be ready for a couple of years.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:01 PM   #9
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Maybe if I thought Horford could actually come in and produce anything close to enough right away that would make up for passing on a future all-star.

Brandan Wright has the potential to dunk on people, rebound, and have a nice 15 ft. game. No leadership potential, no playmaking potential imo...defense? nope.

Of course Budinger has to work on things too as I stated earlier, but he brings so much more than the other two and it's not all potential. He's shown a lot of what he can do quite a bit.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:03 PM   #10
tmacman
Good High School Starter

tmacman is starting to rub some people the wrong way

He should consider staying in school for at least 1 more year then move on. He's av ery athletic player but he needs alot more experience if he wants to be a big impact in the league.
tmacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:29 PM   #11
RobertSwift31
High School JV MVP

RobertSwift31 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Id rather have Brewer than Budinger.
RobertSwift31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:13 PM   #12
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

I hope he enters the draft, that means one more quality play pushed down to where my kings pick.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:15 PM   #13
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
I posted this in the Draft forum:

Where do you guys think he'd go if he does come out? Definitely the best guard in the draft..and perhaps doesn't want to be grouped in with all the stud guards that may come out in 2008.

This would be Phoenix's dream player imo. Super athletic, can shoot from anywhere, can dribble, can pass, has great IQ for a college freshman, team player, good head, etc. etc. etc.

I've seen him play in person and he was unimpressive...looked like a freshman. Maybe it was that one game, maybe not. Anyway, he could certainly use another year or two before coming out
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:06 PM   #14
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far

I saw him play a couple of times he has a nice shooting stroke
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: