Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-16-2007, 09:58 PM   #1
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far
Default James Dolan on 4/17 with Mike and the Mad Dog

Thought this might be of interest to us Knicks fan. James Dolan is going to be in studio with Mike and the Maddog tomorrow at 4:30. Hopefully he does show up, I think he will have a lot of questions to answer, and Maddog plans on grilling him about the team. I will say that at least Dolan has the guts to show up unlike Zeke.
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:12 PM   #2
jt24
I brick open layups

jt24 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: James Dolan on 4/17 with Mike and the Mad Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOakman
Thought this might be of interest to us Knicks fan. James Dolan is going to be in studio with Mike and the Maddog tomorrow at 4:30. Hopefully he does show up, I think he will have a lot of questions to answer, and Maddog plans on grilling him about the team. I will say that at least Dolan has the guts to show up unlike Zeke.

I dont know why dolan is going on again everytime he goes on he makes an even bigger fool of himself then he did the last time, its sad hearing him in these interviews.
jt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:11 AM   #3
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

The fans should chew him out. Extending Zeke's contract was beyond retarded.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:05 PM   #4
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

I want nothing to do with james dolan right now or ever. What the hell is he thinking giving Isiah Thomas an Extension when he knows that the players are playing for him. What's our Record Since Extention?

we've lost the last 13 out of 15, or something close to that.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:07 PM   #5
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

You can listen to it here, I'll give my input of it afterwards.

http://www.wfan.com/pages/119297.php...contentId=1510
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:49 PM   #6
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

Q: Does Isiah have a multi year deal or is he on a year to year basis?

A:No, hes got a multi year deal...

Q: Does he have anything to do next year, could his job be in jeopardy?

A:He's here for a while...

If you listen to the whole thing...Damn, Dolan is in love with Isiah. He acts as if Isiah is the owner. This is just sad.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:31 PM   #7
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjswifty
Q: Does Isiah have a multi year deal or is he on a year to year basis?

A:No, hes got a multi year deal...

Q: Does he have anything to do next year, could his job be in jeopardy?

A:He's here for a while...

If you listen to the whole thing...Damn, Dolan is in love with Isiah. He acts as if Isiah is the owner. This is just sad.

Dolan sounds like a cool boss, it takes a lot of f-cking up to get fired by him. I forgot about the whole Rangers fiasco. Glen Sather went 7 years or so without going to the playoffs with one of the highest payrolls in the league, yet he hasn't been fired. Granted the Rangers are doing better now, but I guess you can expect the same kind loyalty with Isiah, through high or low.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:53 AM   #8
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Dolan sounds like a cool boss, it takes a lot of f-cking up to get fired by him. I forgot about the whole Rangers fiasco. Glen Sather went 7 years or so without going to the playoffs with one of the highest payrolls in the league, yet he hasn't been fired. Granted the Rangers are doing better now, but I guess you can expect the same kind loyalty with Isiah, through high or low.

I dont follow hockey, but 7 years of no playoffs? Imagine that with the knicks... Its almost impossible tough, since the east is so weak.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:12 AM   #9
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far

Well I have to say two good things about Dolan is first he at least has some balls to show up and answer the questions, and secondly he is damn loyal to his employees. The way he talked about Zeke you thought Thomas had been executive of the league for the last 3 years!!!

But thats also his problem. He is so blinded with loyalty that he does not realize what a terrible GM/Executive Thomas is. Multi-year extensions in the middle of a season when the team is 5 games under .500. Although I think they pinned him on the Eddy Curry trade and not protecting their pick if it was in the the top 3. I thought he was close to almost admitting that it was a mistake.

Basically if you are a Knick fan there was not much to be hopeful about coming from Dolan.
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:16 PM   #10
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far
Unhappy Re: James Dolan on 4/17 with Mike and the Mad Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOakman
Basically if you are a Knick fan there was not much to be hopeful about coming from Dolan.

I lost hope the moment he extended Zeke's contract.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: