Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-17-2007, 05:26 AM   #31
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Pics of D-Wade's crib

A few things I, as a European, will never understand.

1) Why does one need a house that big? It's overkill. Chances are you won't even find one another living in a castle like that.

2) Why do most people in the US feel the need to show the world how much money they've got? I mean... 10 million for a house? At age 23-24? What for?

3) If someone has the money but obviously lacks style and taste of any kind, why don't they ask someone to design that place for them? This place is as ugly as it gets. No way I'd move in that house, not if I was given the chance to live there for free.

4) How come this "humble kid" has pictures of himself all over the place? And the W in marble... Is he braindead or something? Looks very much like it.

Last edited by elementally morale : 04-17-2007 at 05:29 AM.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:29 AM   #32
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
I guess you need to have kids or be around them much to really understand why you'd like to keep an eye on them 24/7.

Not saying you will.

I understand where you are coming from. However, I wouldn't want to keep an eye on anyone 24/7. I know how much I hate if someone wants to keep an eye on me, so I wouldn't want to do it to someone else. And kids are not stupid, they are only small. But even at the age of 3 they have their personalities, and I really really think it doesn't do them any good to pamper and/or watch them all the time. When they grow up, they may think the are the center of the world and attention, and it will lead to lots of frustration to learn some basic facts the hard way.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:38 AM   #33
Free
Great young streetballer

Free has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
Yeah, the best way to spoil a kid is to have an eye on him/her 24/7. Come on. Kids also need privacy, and they somehow managed to grow up for hundreds of thousands of years w/o cameras. LOL. I have an 8 year-old daughter, I know what I'm talking about.

Not every kid grows up in such a big home or live such a big life.
Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:45 AM   #34
elementally morale
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free
Not every kid grows up in such a big home or live such a big life.

I actually feel sorry for kids who grow up in such places. I know some and they feel and look miserable most of the time. Later on they usually face lots of problems trying to find out their real place in society. Not a good way to go, Mr. Humble.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:21 AM   #35
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far

Wade is a Spiderman guy

Thumbs up.
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:28 AM   #36
Free
Great young streetballer

Quote:
I actually feel sorry for kids who grow up in such places. I know some and they feel and look miserable most of the time. Later on they usually face lots of problems trying to find out their real place in society. Not a good way to go, Mr. Humble.

Well if that's your opinion, you might as well direct your statement to every rich person in the world that likes to live large. It really is ignorant to assume that a child who lives in a big home is some how lonely and sad as if thier living an isolated life. Unless you know Wade personally, you don't know how he lives and his child's state of mind.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:40 AM   #37
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far

PDiddy's son is 12 and he already gets lap dances from girls that most people can only dream of.

LeBron's son is 3 and he already saw more meat than Shogon ever will.

So you know, it might not be the healthiest way of living for some of those kids but their lifes are already pretty much secured.
None of them will have to work 2 jobs a day to pay for tuition.

Their whole life, they"ll have everything handed to them because of who they are.
Might not be the best way to develop identity but some people would rather live like that whereas you have people who don't feel good about themselves unless they work for everything they get. I'm exactly like that for one.
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:51 AM   #38
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Anyone that thinks a 3 year old needs privacy is a fool and I pray they do not have kids.

I know its going to be the butt of many jokes but I liked the father and son picture. Maybe you guys can't relate cause you don't have a son.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:01 AM   #39
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
1) Why does one need a house that big? It's overkill.
Not just overkill; immoral. For some reason Americans never ever consider how much they need. They just want as much as they can get. It isn't just the super rich either - almost every American buys the biggest house they can afford and never once asks "how many rooms do I actually need?"

Quote:
Why do most people in the US feel the need to show the world how much money they've got? I mean... 10 million for a house? At age 23-24? What for?
Because a person with no self worth defines themselves by their possessions.

Quote:
4) How come this "humble kid" has pictures of himself all over the place? And the W in marble... Is he braindead or something? Looks very much like it.
Agreed. Why couldn't he at least hire a professional artist to paint all his murals? Why'd he have to let his homies do it? He could have gotten a better portrait made up if he'd paid $15 for it in times square. But I think the discussion of Wade as "humble kid" ends today.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:07 AM   #40
bail
Serious playground baller

bail has an OK reputation so far

he got no taste in designing
bail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:07 AM   #41
Free
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Not just overkill; immoral. For some reason Americans never ever consider how much they need. They just want as much as they can get. It isn't just the super rich either - almost every American buys the biggest house they can afford and never once asks "how many rooms do I actually need?"

Because a person with no self worth defines themselves by their possessions.

Agreed. Why couldn't he at least hire a professional artist to paint all his murals? Why'd he have to let his homies do it? He could have gotten a better portrait made up if he'd paid $15 for it in times square. But I think the discussion of Wade as "humble kid" ends today.

OMG, so you guys judge a guys personality based on the size of his house. That's riduculous. It's not as if the guy doesn't give 10% of his salary to his curch or been invloved in many efforts beneficial to the community. If the guys wants to reward himself and his family with a huge house and materiailistic things so be it. It doens't make him any less of a person and it doesn't mean that he doesn't appreciate what he's been blessed with.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:12 AM   #42
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free
It's not as if the guy doesn't give 10% of his salary to his curch
That's a tax write off. It costs somebody in his income bracket $0 to give 10% of his salary to the church. Parting with money that you will go to jail for not parting with does not fit my defenition of generosity. Everybody in the NBA who has a lawyer or accountant donates that much.
Quote:
It doens't make him any less of a person and it doesn't mean that he doesn't appreciate what he's been blessed with.
Using resources that the planet can't replenish when you don't need them does make you less of a person. I guess if you're a christian, you can give your tax money to the church and be all set, with no obligation to take care of the real world you live in.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:17 PM   #43
elinss86
Decent playground baller

elinss86 has an OK reputation so far

could anyone be more full of himself? why the hell would he want murals of his ugly mug all over the walls geez just look in a mirror
elinss86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:19 PM   #44
thekavorka
Good High School Starter

thekavorka has an OK reputation so far

Think about this scenario.

Wade's kid and his friend come home from preschool. They're playing in his room. After a couple hours of fun, the friend has to use the bathroom. He walks in, sits on the toilet, about to take a ****. He looks up, and not only is Wade dressed up as Spiderman staring at him, there's a camera watching him take a crap. That little kid would be scarred for life.
thekavorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:32 PM   #45
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

the house is gangsta

I dont like the spiderman bathroom though....get rid of that and the rest looks very suitable for a superstar like Wade
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: