Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-17-2007, 12:45 PM   #1
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Foxnews can be pretty entertaining

I'm no right winger, but this chick just destroys these guys. its pretty hilarious. she got the guy stuttering and ends up blaming african american problems on george washington :

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/04/1...chelle-hosting
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:55 PM   #2
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Foxnews can be pretty entertaining

it has its moments, definitely. it completely outclassed CNN's crappy Vtech coverage.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:22 PM   #3
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Fox news is what I watch. I'm a republican but you have to admit cnn and msnbc are all EXTREMELY liberal where fox news is equal.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:44 PM   #4
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Shabazz got dissed. Good stuff. Have to start watching.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:13 PM   #5
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Fox news is what I watch. I'm a republican but you have to admit cnn and msnbc are all EXTREMELY liberal where fox news is equal.

Fox News presents both points of view and gives both sides airtime, but you can obviously tell there is right wing bias.

but CNN and MSNBC are blatantly liberal but no one ever points that out because only the angry liberals ever rant and rave about this kind of thing. Republicans take the high road.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:16 PM   #6
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Fox News presents both points of view and gives both sides airtime, but you can obviously tell there is right wing bias.

but CNN and MSNBC are blatantly liberal but no one ever points that out because only the angry liberals ever rant and rave about this kind of thing. Republicans take the high road.

Well besides Bill O'reilly. and Allan Comes and Shaun Hanity. I don't know what most of there political parties are.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:20 PM   #7
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

wel it's not so much the opinions and op ed contributors on the news station as it is the method they deliver their news.

the bias is ever so subtle, but at least Fox News makes an attempt to dish out parity.

for instance in discussing possible plans for the war, whether retreat is an option. military leaders agreed that retreat would only be possible after stabilizing the country which could take at least another year.

then a woman walks in and protests pointing out precedent that it could be done sooner, and should be done sooner.

(the juxtaposition of generals who know what they are doing and a woman who is mad.. sums up the bias)

but at least they show both sides.

look at MSNBC:

Make fun of FoxNews
Focus on the African Americans (while simultaneously leaving out the Asian Americans, as my housemate very frequently criticizes)
Point out the foibles of the Bush Administration

where is the parity? at least make it seem smart.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:23 PM   #8
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
LOL Funniest thing I've heard all week. If you're looking for a news station that is biased, there is nothing worst than Fox News. Wow.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:25 PM   #9
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
LOL Funniest thing I've heard all week. If you're looking for a news station that is biased, there is nothing worst than Fox News. Wow.

You are just SO used to the liberal media that something halfway in between seems like it is biased.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:28 PM   #10
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Fox News does claim to be in full support of the White House.

let's see when and if the DEmocrats retake the White house, if FoxNews keeps up with its promise.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:32 PM   #11
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Fox News does claim to be in full support of the White House.

let's see when and if the DEmocrats retake the White house, if FoxNews keeps up with its promise.

The one thing I notice with FOX is they aren't constantly demeaning democrats or republicans. When I watch CNN all I hear is how bush sucks... Republicans suck...
Old 04-17-2007, 03:38 PM   #12
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

When I think of guests saying "Democrats are America's enemy" I think of Fox News.

When I think of people saying "Republicans are America's enemy"...well CNN doesn't actually say that.

So it's easy to see why many think Fox News is simply for those who like to hear themselves talk 24/7 and spread hate.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:38 PM   #13
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
The one thing I notice with FOX is they aren't constantly demeaning democrats or republicans. When I watch CNN all I hear is how bush sucks... Republicans suck...

precisely.

the only thing close to a retort that I've heard Bush utter back to the Left is in a weekly radio address in which he angrily said he did not care about his legacy and simply wanted to fix things.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:39 PM   #14
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
When I think of guests saying "Democrats are America's enemy" I think of Fox News.

When I think of people saying "Republicans are America's enemy"...well CNN doesn't actually say that.

So it's easy to see why many think Fox News is simply for those who like to hear themselves talk 24/7 and spread hate.

I am not defending Fox News here. I am defending striving for impartiality.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:40 PM   #15
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos

As you said it was a guest saying that. And CNN says buSH enemy. "not direct quote" but you can tell.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: