Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-17-2007, 03:47 PM   #16
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Foxnews can be pretty entertaining

But the Fox News hosts usually agree with these statements or laugh them off like nothing wrong was said.

They have had their high points, but I'd rather get the news from CNN (the main facts) than have to listen to someone's overtly biased opinions on Fox News. Maybe I turn to Fox News at the wrong time always.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:51 PM   #17
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

It depends what show you were watching... Try Hanitey and Colmes. One is right wing the other is left wing. Good show.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:59 PM   #18
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

CNN has much more unbiased reporting than FOX... In addition to CNN, I usually watch BBC and Cspan, WHYY also to get as many viewpoints on a situation as I can...

When you do this you find that FOX is usually the where you will find the Pro-Bush Admin. point of view......

Alot more real reporting going on at the other stations
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:02 PM   #19
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
CNN has much more unbiased reporting than FOX... In addition to CNN, I usually watch BBC and Cspan, WHYY also to get as many viewpoints on a situation as I can...

When you do this you find that FOX is usually the where you will find the Pro-Bush Admin. point of view......

Alot more real reporting going on at the other stations

How can you say that. I watch cnn sometimes, and I haven't seen one person on there but democrats. If thats what you consider equal.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:15 PM   #20
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
How can you say that. I watch cnn sometimes, and I haven't seen one person on there but democrats. If thats what you consider equal.

See, there is more to it than just who is democrat and who is republican

I dont judge the shows by who I see on there.... I judge them on their views and how honest are they about the issues they discuss...Do they report the news honestly and in an unbiased manner? (note that there is a difference between being unbiased and gving an absurd viewpoint equal time to a valid viewpoint to compare as if they are equally deserving of consideration...FOX seems to do the latter, while CNN and others do more of the former).. Like I said, when you use multiple sources to get your news, you start to see who has the most consistantly slanted news coverage and that is FOX...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:16 PM   #21
notorious ai3
OTC semi-lurker

notorious ai3 has an OK reputation so far

its funny someone mentions hanity and colmes because colmes is pretty weak and caves in to hanity in arguements pretty regularly.

also, fox news tends to blend opinions with facts. as in, there will be a fact that is presented or maybe two, then a subtle little opinion or speculative statement will be made. the way the questions are worded on the station definitely express right wing bias. i know that is the case with oreilly and hanity, i don't watch enough of the station to determine it for everybody though.
notorious ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:55 PM   #22
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Bill OReilly is simply... oily, greasy, sleazy...

but teh same can be said for Al Franken so those two polar ends cancel out.

seriously, most people hate on Fox News primarily because of Bill OReilly's being an *******. then to make their case seem stronger they mix in some "cases" in which Fox News is bad.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:59 PM   #23
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

m1sterb has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
See, there is more to it than just who is democrat and who is republican

I dont judge the shows by who I see on there.... I judge them on their views and how honest are they about the issues they discuss...Do they report the news honestly and in an unbiased manner? (note that there is a difference between being unbiased and gving an absurd viewpoint equal time to a valid viewpoint to compare as if they are equally deserving of consideration...FOX seems to do the latter, while CNN and others do more of the former).. Like I said, when you use multiple sources to get your news, you start to see who has the most consistantly slanted news coverage and that is FOX...

You judge them on their views...and they just happen to be liberal. The question is when do you hear a republican or conservative perspective on CNN?

If you're a republican you watch FOX and claim CNN is biased. If your a liberal you claim FOX is biased and CNN has 'the main facts'. I should probably try to watch CSPAN more, but its just too damn boring.
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: