Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-17-2007, 02:21 PM   #31
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Joey Crawford suspended indefinitely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
frankly, an indefinite suspension is bogus. While Crawford is quick with his whistle, Duncan complains about calls more than anybody besides the usual T suspects. I agree that there needs to be a change in how the refs T up players, but lets hope this doesn't just affect Goldenboy Timmy. He was clearly mocking the refs and had been warned. Acting like a petulant child. When sheed gets suspended for talking to a teammate or laughing, nobody bats an eye. But in a situation where Duncan was warned about behavior and then continued it? Crawford is actually one of the better refs outside of his whistle.
to you and crawford I guess. Anyway nothing would have happend I Crawford had not challenged Tim before the first tech. He is being suspeded because he called Tim out not because of the Techs.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:23 PM   #32
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
You think ABC execs were happy about a major star being tossed over some silly ****? The game was already a tough sell since it meant nothing..

Tim Duncan wasnt gonna play much in the game ANYWAY genius. Where was ABC when AI got slapped with 2 early fouls both bogus (even commentators said they were) and after the 2nd foul AI ran to the bench and Steve Javey slapped him with a tech. You think the ABC execs were happy? Get a clue if you think ABC gives a damn or has as much pull as you pretend they do. Stop making up stuff. You're just sitting there ASSuming thats what happened. How about you use your brain and notice the amount of ATTENTION that incident recieved??? It was on sports talk radio shows, it was on sports shows all day long. NBA analysts, sportswriters all spoke on it either on tv and/or wrote articles. In games after the incident commentators spoke on it briefly. That fact you have that negative incident garnering so much attention puts the NBA on the spotlight.

Topic of the day was "What is the league gonna do? What is stern gonna do?". You think he is oblivious to the actions that take place in the NBA? The man has been obsessed with the leagues image. The dress code wasnt because ABC got tired of the bandanas...it was because Stern wants his employees to look like professionals...and he wants his refs to be professional at all times. Geeze, do you even THINK when you reply here or do you just post whatever comes to your mind first? The fact GoBB can sit here and break it down this way should be something you and others do. Its not hard.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:24 PM   #33
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

javie next!
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:26 PM   #34
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NBA suspends Joey Crawford!!!

Good that ****er deserved to be suspended. Finally they do something about the untouchable REF's. I agree they should have a committee to award and punish the refs for doing stupied **** like this. Have a nice time watching the playoffs from your couch Mr. Crawford ..and I must say in this case kudos to Stern for putting his foot down and handing out what is deserved. Lol!

Last edited by bonez26 : 04-17-2007 at 02:56 PM.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:26 PM   #35
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Xplicit has an OK reputation so far

Let him sit the rest of the season. We don't need this senile bastard with his emotionally unstable, whistle-happy ways ruining any playoff games..
Xplicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:26 PM   #36
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanfan
to you and crawford I guess. Anyway nothing would have happend I Crawford had not challenged Tim before the first tech. He is being suspeded because he called Tim out not because of the Techs.

It doesnt say that in the article. It says he handled the situation poorly and showed no professionalism. It also says his prior track record of being a hot head, being involved in other questionable incidents (Joey has a rep, guy had to go to anger management classes before) were also apart of the reason.

I highly doubt Stern asked Tim what did Joey say then believed Tim without hearing Joey's side. Thats blatant he said/she said...I dont think Stern operates that way.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:31 PM   #37
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Tim Duncan wasnt gonna play much in the game ANYWAY genius.

GOBB I agree about everything else you said except this statement.

Duncan was going to play because the Spurs were still seeking homecourt advantage.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:31 PM   #38
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
It doesnt say that in the article. It says he handled the situation poorly and showed no professionalism. It also says his prior track record of being a hot head, being involved in other questionable incidents (Joey has a rep, guy had to go to anger management classes before) were also apart of the reason.

I highly doubt Stern asked Tim what did Joey say then believed Tim without hearing Joey's side. Thats blatant he said/she said...I dont think Stern operates that way.
I am sure Crawford owned up to saying that. I am sure he said he meant that to warn Tim "You don't want to mess with me" rather than Do you want to fight. It is an absolute miracle the NBA has admited this much. You know they will not say more than they have to.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:35 PM   #39
icemanfan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
Here is the thing. Its not really that we all think he should have been. Its more of a serves TD right thing. The NBA stuck in the no complaining rule this year and Duncan is one of the biggest whiners in the game. He needed a kick in the pants. Also, Duncan's claim that he never said anything is a flat out lie b/c I was sitting not 10 feet from the Spurs bench for the whole first half and he was indeed pissing and moaning about the calls.

Regardless, Crawford has had this coming to him for a long time and I for one and glad to see a ref who lovs making himself part of the game finally get slapped down.
He said he never said more than three words to Crawford. He spoke to the other refs but not Crawford. You going to call the man a lier at least get your information straight. BTW Kent you know how petty it sounds trying to justify a call that got a ref suspended for the rest of the year?
Old 04-17-2007, 02:37 PM   #40
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
GOBB I agree about everything else you said except this statement.

Duncan was going to play because the Spurs were still seeking homecourt advantage.

Ok i stand corrected...thought pretty much everything was finalized out West.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:44 PM   #41
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Why was he laughing then? It just happened to coincide with a foul call and was a similar reaction that he had already gotten a T for. He wasn't laughing at a private joke, he was obviously laughing at the foul call and, therefore, the officiating.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:53 PM   #42
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Quote:
He said he never said more than three words to Crawford. He spoke to the other refs but not Crawford. You going to call the man a lier at least get your information straight. BTW Kent you know how petty it sounds trying to justify a call that got a ref suspended for the rest of the year?

Sorry Ice, not that Kent needs my defense. But he was down on the court with a press pass. So if he said he heard Tim say something then I have no reason to doubt him. And it was his behavior that got him the suspension, not the call. You got your wish and Joey got suspended, so getting on others opinions could be considered petty as well.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:57 PM   #43
aj242
I hit open 5-footers

aj242 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
javie next!

He certainly better take notice.
aj242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:03 PM   #44
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I remember in a Wade topic I mentioned that refs get fined or suspended now and then and a lot of people didnt believe me.

SOme ref talked about the system in an SI interview years ago. Said even with all the conspiracy theory people claiming they show favortism to some team and players nobody feels worse about a truly bad call than a ref. That they often head straight for the tapes(well..dvds) after games and check every call they thought was close.

Too many missed or "kicked" as they call them calls can get them suspended or cost them the chance to do big games. Refs have even been demoted to the Dleague. The refs with some combo of the best numbers(least bad calls), most positive feedback, and experience are the ones who get to do all star games and the finals.

Refs have a boss they answer to for every bad tech and all the bad game deciding calls. The league just doesnt call attention to it unless its major like this.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:09 PM   #45
turdfurgeson
Can barely lace up my sneakers

turdfurgeson has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NBA suspends Joey Crawford!!!

I could care less about Duncan and the Spurs, but it's about time a ref gets suspended for bogus T's.
I know the league is cracking down, but some of the T's (including the one on Duncan) have been ridiculous.

And I agree that Javie better watch his back.
turdfurgeson is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: