Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-17-2007, 04:54 PM   #31
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Default Re: Elton Brand very upset with his teammates, wants them gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
Elton averages are down across the board... he shouldn't be calling out teammates.

Kaman is most likely the guy he is refering to.

I'll take Shelden or McCants.

He should. Last season his #'s were better because he got hel[. Defense could collapse on him once again this year. He had to do so much on his own.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:58 PM   #32
Soccer10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Soccer he did NOT say he wants them gone...just frustrated, upset and taken back at the lack of effort, intensity and sense of urgency as the season winds down. He saw guys not bringing 100% to the table and it pissed him off especially considering you're in a playoff race.

And can you blame him? A lot of Clippers have been dogs (Kaman pulled a Larry Hughes), some were injured and imo Corey Maggette played like a bitter ball player...out for himself. Auditioning so to speak since he started making his stank known to the public about how he felt as a Clipper.

Clippers need a reality check and they need to get the train back on track because they derailed.

How much do you know about marketing? This is clearly a great way to attract people to this thread.
I know my thread title is a bit out of context but that's how it's done.
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:05 PM   #33
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
"If we don't make the playoffs, I guarantee you we're going to have guys in here next year who are going to fight if we're in this position again," Brand said. "Oh, yeah, definitely. I know that for sure. "Management is not going to have this again. We're going to have guys who are going to fight and give that effort. It's not going to be like this again."

Are we talking about the same Clippers organization we've grown to know and pity? He sounds awfully sure, and for his sake, I hope he knows something we don't.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:06 PM   #34
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
Isnt the combo of Maggette, Kaman, Mobley about the same $ as Marbury, a Jeffries or a Qrich?

ESPN Trade Machine

That works out.

Then, I say we use our pick on Nicolas Batum/Marko Belinelli, and our 2nd rounder on Nick Fazekas[unless Reyshawn Terry drops]. Then bring Sofoklis over, along with Diaz, extend Singleton, keep Korolev around and extend Ross.

Roster:
PG - Stephon Marbury | Sam Cassell | Shaun Livingston
SG - Quentin Richardson | Nicolas Batum[Or Marko] | Guillermo Diaz
SF - Quinton Ross | Jared Jeffries | James Singleton[Terry if he's picked] | Yaroslav Korolev
PF - Elton Brand | Sofoklis | Nick Fazekas[Singleton if Terry is picked]
CE - Channing Frye | Paul Davis

Possibly trade Paul Davis for a 2nd rounder or something. Use the MLE to sign a big man, or split it between a few players. I'd give 3 mil to Chris Mihm and use the rest for a nice backup big.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:06 PM   #35
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer10
How much do you know about marketing? This is clearly a great way to attract people to this thread.
I know my thread title is a bit out of context but that's how it's done.
Well actually, what do you know about marketing? Any deception, false statement, false pretense, false promise or misrepresentation is considered consumer fraud....
Old 04-17-2007, 05:07 PM   #36
hotsizzle
Superstar

Kobe should take note of what Elton is doing
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:08 PM   #37
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2754~1717~509~703~2998~2752~19 82~497~566~847~923&teams=12~12~12~12~18~18~18~18~1 8~18~18"]ESPN Trade Machine

That works out.

Then, I say we use our pick on Nicolas Batum/Marko Belinelli, and our 2nd rounder on Nick Fazekas[unless Reyshawn Terry drops]. Then bring Sofoklis over, along with Diaz, extend Singleton, keep Korolev around and extend Ross.

Roster:
PG - Stephon Marbury | Sam Cassell | Shaun Livingston
SG - Quentin Richardson | Nicolas Batum[Or Marko] | Guillermo Diaz
SF - Quinton Ross | Jared Jeffries | James Singleton[Terry if he's picked] | Yaroslav Korolev
PF - Elton Brand | Sofoklis | Nick Fazekas[Singleton if Terry is picked]
CE - Channing Frye | Paul Davis

Possibly trade Paul Davis for a 2nd rounder or something. Use the MLE to sign a big man, or split it between a few players. I'd give 3 mil to Chris Mihm and use the rest for a nice backup big.

I'd still rather see Mardy Collins be included. And bring in Childress and Jack. Even rather have Lewis than those NY players.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:09 PM   #38
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
I'd still rather see Mardy Collins be included. And bring in Childress and Jack. Even rather have Lewis than those NY players.

Caps would not work with Mardy, and I doubt the Hawks will take anything on the Clippers for Chill not named Brand. Maybe they would take Maggette, but I don't think they would, and Jack, I don't want. I'd rather ink Steve Blake, or chase Maurice Williams. I wish we could get Lewis for something like corey + chris, but eh, Seattle is too smart.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:10 PM   #39
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Well actually, what do you know about marketing? Any deception, false statement, false pretense, false promise or misrepresentation is considered consumer fraud....

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:12 PM   #40
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Caps would not work with Mardy, and I doubt the Hawks will take anything on the Clippers for Chill not named Brand. Maybe they would take Maggette, but I don't think they would, and Jack, I don't want. I'd rather ink Steve Blake, or chase Maurice Williams. I wish we could get Lewis for something like corey + chris, but eh, Seattle is too smart.

Jack is a muuuuuch better defender than Mo Williams or
Steve Blake. Mo Wiliams, actually, isnt really that good. I think Jack will be better pg. He really reminds me of Billups.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:12 PM   #41
Soccer10
Banned

Quote:

Then I clearly don't know very much.

Okay then, let me change that...

How much do you know about journalism?

Because good titles attract readers.

But anyway, I've seen a lot of examples when people sell something and make it look great...

Like "great apartmant close to the beach for great price". And then people get interested and once they see what it's about they see that it isn't that golden.
It may not be that close to the sea, price may be negotioable etc...all in all, they make it sound much better than it is.

My friend bought a great apartmant on the sea just like that and he was said that the apartmant is located in one of the top tourist destinations.
Yet, it wasn't quite like that. It was a crappy little place 10-15 minutes of driving away from that top destination...

I thought agencies do that kinda stuff all the time.
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:15 PM   #42
samy568
Kids at the park dunk on me

To be honest, I would say Dunleavy is to be blamed as well with his crazy rotations. He should have started Maggette from the beginning of the season.

After Maggette has started, the Clippers have played better ball and have a better recoed. They did that only after the All-Star break when Dunleavy realized that they are not trading him. It was a bonehead move to bench Maggette and now they are playing catch-up.
samy568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:17 PM   #43
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Jack is a muuuuuch better defender than Mo Williams or
Steve Blake. Mo Wiliams, actually, isnt really that good. I think Jack will be better pg. He really reminds me of Billups.

Jack is solid on defense, no doubt, but what have the Clippers lacked at PG for what seems like forever? At least until Sammy came and Hart earlier, is a point who can hit his open J's. Along with hitting the J's, we need a smart PG who will be able to run the P&R will Brand like Cassell was last year, that was unstoppable. Jack is nice, but his price will be too much imo, which is why I'd like Blake/Mo Will, I just don't see the Blaze giving Jack up.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:18 PM   #44
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
Attn: Elton Brand

The Houston Rockets welcome you with open arms.

Mr. Brand your former team The Chicago Bulls wouldn't mind to have you back
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:22 PM   #45
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy568
To be honest, I would say Dunleavy is to be blamed as well with his crazy rotations. He should have started Maggette from the beginning of the season.

After Maggette has started, the Clippers have played better ball and have a better recoed. They did that only after the All-Star break when Dunleavy realized that they are not trading him. It was a bonehead move to bench Maggette and now they are playing catch-up.

Clippers are near, if not under, .500 since Maggette become the starter over Ross, so there has been no 'better ball' as you like to say, because Maggette has cost the Clippers 4 games from which I remember. Cost us two times against the Nuggets when he turned it over after having left Kleiza wide open for the go-ahead trey, left Battier open for three against the Rockets[although Javie cost the game, no excuse for Maggette's mistake], and the Kings game he played like his old turnover self. Maggette is to be blamed as much as Dunleavy because his little drama queen bullshit early in the season KILLED the team chemistry and caused way too many distractions to the team. Maggette is to be blamed more then Dunleavy Sr.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: