Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-17-2007, 05:24 PM   #46
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Elton Brand very upset with his teammates, wants them gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Jack is solid on defense, no doubt, but what have the Clippers lacked at PG for what seems like forever? At least until Sammy came and Hart earlier, is a point who can hit his open J's. Along with hitting the J's, we need a smart PG who will be able to run the P&R will Brand like Cassell was last year, that was unstoppable. Jack is nice, but his price will be too much imo, which is why I'd like Blake/Mo Will, I just don't see the Blaze giving Jack up.
The Blazers have been talking about Rodrigues as their future pg. There have been rumours about Jack going to the Hawks. Lately they've been trying Fred Jones at PG.

All indications Jack wont be their first pg for long.

Also I think Mo Williams will come at a higher price than Jack too. If the Clippers once again want to save money they should make a move for Calderon. I sure hope they don't end up with Nelson or something.

Maybe the Clipps can get Deng or Gordon if the Bulls end up drafting Durant. (see that bulls thread) Deng-Kaman or something.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:27 PM   #47
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
The Blazers have been talking about Rodrigues as their future pg. There have been rumours about Jack going to the Hawks. Lately they've been trying Fred Jones at PG.

All indications Jack wont be their first pg for long.

Also I think Mo Williams will come at a higher price than Jack too. If the Clippers once again want to save money they should make a move for Calderon. I sure hope they don't end up with Nelson or something.

Maybe the Clipps can get Deng or Gordon if the Bulls end up drafting Durant. (see that bulls thread) Deng-Kaman or something.

Really? I didn't know that, and that changes everything. Hell, I'd be glad in a 3-way deal where we end up with Lue and JChill, Blazers get Maggs, Hawks get Jack and a 2nd. Lue will be a solid backup if Hart leaves, like I think he will.

I'd give up our first with Kaman if we can get Deng. Hell, I'll give them a combo of Diaz, Ewing, Korolev, Singleton, Davis, Williams if they want.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:32 PM   #48
tmacman
Good High School Starter

tmacman is starting to rub some people the wrong way

He needs a better sidekick thats all.
tmacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:37 PM   #49
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Really? I didn't know that, and that changes everything. Hell, I'd be glad in a 3-way deal where we end up with Lue and JChill, Blazers get Maggs, Hawks get Jack and a 2nd. Lue will be a solid backup if Hart leaves, like I think he will.

I'd give up our first with Kaman if we can get Deng. Hell, I'll give them a combo of Diaz, Ewing, Korolev, Singleton, Davis, Williams if they want.

I found the quote:

Quote:
For now, the Blazers are counting on the rookie core of Roy, Aldridge and Sergio Rodriguez, whom Roy insists, "is going to be a star in this league."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
Old 04-17-2007, 05:45 PM   #50
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Trade Machine:

Hawks Out: Tyronn Lue, Josh Childress, 2009 2nd Rounder
Hawks In: Aaron Williams, Dan Dicaku, Jarrett Jack, Paul Davis

Why? They finally get themselves a solig PG in Jarrett Jack, along with Dan Dickau to replace Lue as the backup. Claxton needs to be traded ASAP. Hawks also gain two PF/C's, whom can log in a solid 10-15 minutes per outing. One of them can be waived if they don't like them.

Blazers Out: Jarrett Jack, Dan Dickau, Joel Przybilla
Blazers In: Corey Maggette, Daniel Ewing

Why? They have S-Rod as being their future along with Roy and Aldridge. That gives them a solid PG/SG and Center next to their PF[Randolph], which leaves the SF as a gaping hole. Miles is injured and Webster is young, so Corey will come in and contribute right away. They also dump the contract of Pryzbilla. Ewing can be a solid player as wel..

Clippers Out: Aaron Williams, Paul Davis, Corey Maggette, Daniel Ewing
Clippers In: Josh Childress, Tyronn Lue, Joel Pryzbilla, 2009 2nd Rounder

Why? Replace Maggette with a cheaper Childress, all the while gaining a better backup big man to come off the bench with Sofoklis[most likely] and get a PG who can come in and play very well.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:02 PM   #51
Ol Dirty Bastard
Local High School Star

Ol Dirty Bastard has not been impressing people

this is surprising, considering Brand is a quite dude

bout time Brand spoke up, hopefully this doesnt mean he wants out
Ol Dirty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:03 PM   #52
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far

The Clippers need Sam Cassell. When the guy was healthy and starting the Clippers won. They also need a new coach, (hopefully not Rick Carlisle: aka ugliest offense ever).
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:07 PM   #53
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
The Clippers need Sam Cassell. When the guy was healthy and starting the Clippers won. They also need a new coach, (hopefully not Rick Carlisle: aka ugliest offense ever).

An ugly offense is better then no offense. Dunleavy seriously has no offensive system. His offensive playbook is exploit the mismatches, but he doesn't even push the team to do it. He's just a defensive minded coach who wants to run the shot clock down to 8 seconds before getting something done offensively. I want Dunleavy to be promoted to Vice President of Basketball Operation and General Manager, while Baylor becomes the Assistat GM and stays as President of Basketball Operations, and Stan Van Gundy takes over as head coach, if not Rick Adelman or even Larry Brown.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:08 PM   #54
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So are the players at fault or is the coaching staff? Or both? Clippers fans, your thoughts?

Is Kaman a bust? Is Tim Thomas a bust?

Just honest curiosity.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:14 PM   #55
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
So are the players at fault or is the coaching staff? Or both? Clippers fans, your thoughts?

Just honest curiosity.

Both. Can't help but feel that Dunleavy had a double agenda this season too. Wanting to get his son on the team. Benching Maggette.

Kaman sucked. And I thought he would become a very nice center. Thomas...ah well..I expected this.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:15 PM   #56
qrich
King Heno

Quote:

Just honest curiosity.

Kaman is strugging plain and simple, and if this is his best, then I'd say he's on a thin line between bust and decent, but Thomas is by no means a bust. The man has been pretty good for us, mainly in the clutch. The team is playing much better with him in the game, then him out from what I'v eseen most games.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:21 PM   #57
ShawnieMac06
High School Varsity 6th Man

ShawnieMac06 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Just honest curiosity.

As far as I'm concerned...everybody is to blame, it's not one person you can purely put the blame on for this. A lot of factors for why the Clips have had such a crappy season...no heart and hustle consistently all year along; the Dunleavy-Maggette feud; injuries to Cassell and Livingston; Kaman going brain-dead...take your pick.

Personally, they pretty much need to overhaul most of this roster outside of a couple players. The question is, however, will anybody in the NBA take the Clippers' junk. The Clips will have a very sizable payroll come next season, starting when Kaman's five-year, $52 million extension kicks-in (not to mention Dunleavy's four-year extension as well), plus Mobley's and Thomas' contracts. I see the Clips as being one go-to star player away from being an excellent team...now only they get a new coach, starting center, and a bench.
ShawnieMac06 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: