Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-17-2007, 06:11 PM   #16
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Stern On PTI- Said Crawford May Be Done Forever In The NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
He also said that the next time Joey has another incident the next penalty would be more severe. If this wasnt severe enough than what is more severe?

Maybe I read that ESPN.COM article wrong, but I thought they were referring to the 2003 incident (Don Nelson) when Stern served that warning????

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:12 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Maybe I read that ESPN.COM article wrong, but I thought they were referring to the 2003 incident (Don Nelson) when Stern served that warning????

I dunno, he said it on tv being interviewed. Espn news one, not the sportscenter interview. I didnt read an article yet. I'm going by what i heard him say on tv.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:13 PM   #18
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valliant13
He also challenged Tim Duncan to fight...which is what caused stern to react so harshly.
cmon, an old man challenged a 6'10 pro athlete to a fight? Clearly it was meant in a different sense than physical fisticuffs. He was telling him to back off on criticizing every foul, cause he had the authority to eject him.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:13 PM   #19
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Intentionally? You realize there is a ref committee and review board that grades, evaluates, critiques refs every single game? And that they see more criticism than anything positive???????? Obviously you are absolutely CLUELESS to the amount of stress and pressure nba officials go thru. And they probably have the toughest job of any major sport when it comes to officiating a professional game.

You cant talk out of your ass because you think you can make better judgements from your seat than they do in the heat of the action. They are human just like you...and you dont make the perfect call because you've never in your life been put in a position of such high demand.

Then that "Ref Committe" is doing a pretty bad job. If refs can't take the stress, why are they doing it? If they can't call the game equally, mainly what it is right in front of their eyes[a player being well beyond the arc that gets fouled while shooting is given 2 shots?, don't even get me started on Violette Palmer], then why do the job? I've seen better officiating at Rec leagues, when the rules are more leniant and allow hand checking. And yes, I can make better judgments sitting then Javie did, considering you can clearly see enough space between Cat's feet and the arc, as could anyone else, but Javie 'couldn't?' Get out of here with that stress excuse. If they can't handle it, then don't ref, plain and simple.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:20 PM   #20
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
I dunno why everyone is hating on Crawford anyways. He gave Duncan two Ts for excessive whining and mocking the refs. It's in the rules. He certainly has gone over the top, but Duncan is that one guy that gets away with whining basically since he arrived in the league. He calls a ref "you piece of ****", and does not get suspended?

Yes, yes you've been saying this garbage for the past few days. No one cares if you don't like Tim Duncan and the way he reacts to calls. This wasn't about that. It was about a ridiculous incident and obviously the league reviewed everything and felt that he deserved it.

How you feel about Duncan's "whining" has nothing to do with this incident.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:20 PM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Then that "Ref Committe" is doing a pretty bad job. If refs can't take the stress, why are they doing it?

Because you wont take thier job and do a better job.

Quote:
If they can't call the game equally, mainly what it is right in front of their eyes[a player being well beyond the arc that gets fouled while shooting is given 2 shots?, don't even get me started on Violette Palmer], then why do the job?

Calling a game from your seat isnt the same as calling a game on the court. So why continue to speak like officiating a game is that easy? Its not. Doesnt excuse the bad calls, missed calls because those happen and sometimes they shouldnt. But overall the job isnt easy as you think it is.

And the pressure comes from trying to make the right call, controlling the game, its players and coaches to after the game being critiqued, graded and told what you did wrong, what calls you missed, what calls you didnt make blah blah blah getting to your next city...officiating a game and doing this process all over again.

Quote:
I've seen better officiating at Rec leagues, when the rules are more leniant and allow hand checking. And yes, I can make better judgments sitting then Javie did, considering you can clearly see enough space between Cat's feet and the arc, as could anyone else, but Javie 'couldn't?' Get out of here with that stress excuse. If they can't handle it, then don't ref, plain and simple.

You're an ignorant kid who doesnt know what they speak of. Nuff said.

Go become an NBA ref then since you can make better calls. Why not give those officials at the rec league positive encouragement to join the NBA and make calls. Give me a break. Everyone is a grade A ref now.

Damn couch potatos.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:27 PM   #22
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster

I thought Crawford also doesn't want to come back
because he still doesn't think he did anything wrong

but if that's not the case then it is too harsh
if Crawford feels that he is right and the league owes him an apology
I don't think there'd be any chance for him to come back
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:28 PM   #23
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

You think this happens if it's Rasheed Wallace?
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:37 PM   #24
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Because you wont take thier job and do a better job.

Where did I even say I want their job?

Quote:
Calling a game from your seat isnt the same as calling a game on the court. So why continue to speak like officiating a game is that easy? Its not. Doesnt excuse the bad calls, missed calls because those happen and sometimes they shouldnt. But overall the job isnt easy as you think it is.

And the pressure comes from trying to make the right call, controlling the game, its players and coaches to after the game being critiqued, graded and told what you did wrong, what calls you missed, what calls you didnt make blah blah blah getting to your next city...officiating a game and doing this process all over again.

Refs aren't supposed to control the game, are they? And a bad or missed call should not happen with less then 5 seconds to go in a close game, that's just horrible.

Quote:
You're an ignorant kid who doesnt know what they speak of. Nuff said.

Go become an NBA ref then since you can make better calls. Why not give those officials at the rec league positive encouragement to join the NBA and make calls. Give me a break. Everyone is a grade A ref now.

Damn couch potatos.

What a surprise, and then you wonder why you get banned. Typical, resorting to personal attacks and baiting usually means you know your wrong, so you attempt to save some sort of 'respect'. You shouldn't talk about couch potatoes, considering you basically spend all day on this forum . If I'm ignorant, then what does that make you? Ok then. I swear, some people really need to go out, at least once a year
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:37 PM   #25
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy

IMO if it was a player like Kobe(elbow suspensions) or Rasheed(Mr. Technical). Then I think this is a whole new situation.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:38 PM   #26
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy

No way. Anyway, the suspension was warranted, but com'on - kicking him out of the league??? No. Crawford should not have to go through this. Sure, he's made some bad calls before, but come on . Some players (e.g. Ron Artest) have done some pretty bad s**t multiple times during their careers, and they don't even get suspended multiple seasons. This is just stupid by David Stern.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:40 PM   #27
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Stern didn't say that. Kornheiser asked that explicitedly and Stern said he wants to see how things go for the following months. He's mostly upset that Joey does not regret his actions, but he never said directly that Crawford is done and that they're going to fire him.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:43 PM   #28
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
No way. Anyway, the suspension was warranted, but com'on - kicking him out of the league??? No. Crawford should not have to go through this. Sure, he's made some bad calls before, but come on . Some players (e.g. Ron Artest) have done some pretty bad s**t multiple times during their careers, and they don't even get suspended multiple seasons. This is just stupid by David Stern.
disagree. Crawford thinks he is part of the game. His calls have cost teams games and perhaps even more. Time to let him go for good. I hope he is serious about not coming back. Good for the game.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:55 PM   #29
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Where did I even say I want their job?

Because you talk like you can do a better job.

Quote:
What a surprise, and then you wonder why you get banned. Typical, resorting to personal attacks and baiting usually means you know your wrong, so you attempt to save some sort of 'respect'. You shouldn't talk about couch potatoes, considering you basically spend all day on this forum . If I'm ignorant, then what does that make you? Ok then. I swear, some people really need to go out, at least once a year

I've been and done things you havent and probably never will kid. The whole "You stay on ISH all day long" reply is so predictable and old. Doesnt change the fact I know more about the game than you. Doesnt change the fact you're ignorant as hell when it comes to officiating. Doesnt change the fact you cant do better being thrown in thier situation. Sucks huh? Well deal with it. You need to spend more time educating yourself and listening/reading than running your mouth to someone more superior than you (its obvious I am in this area). But you cant tell kids today nothing...you guys are the future? Ridiculous.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:19 PM   #30
Soundwave
NBA lottery pick

Soundwave is considered somewhat coolSoundwave is considered somewhat cool

My thoughts are this has been brewing longer than just Crawford below the surface, and Stern is doing this to send a message -- this is not only Crawford, but all the other refs like Violet Palmer and Javey etc. are now put on notice big time to just call the games and put their egos aside.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: