Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-18-2007, 12:55 AM   #46
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Stern On PTI- Said Crawford May Be Done Forever In The NBA

Crawford may not deserve to lose his job but I agree with Stern sending a strong message that refs can't power trip. It's good for the game because, frankly, if the ref is going to throw out stars like TD no one is going to watch and it may even be justified if Crawford has a history of this kind of stupidity, which Stern claimed. And asking Duncan if he wants to fight? Yeah, a 31-year vet deserves some respect...so let him "retire" with dignity this offseason.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:00 AM   #47
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLEEDGREEN43
i know there is a thread on this, but this is wayyy too harsh.. a 31 year veteran ref being treated like dirt.. ridiculous

david stern wouldnt even admit the suspension is too harsh.. the guys on PTI are in shock, as am i.. stern is very stern about suspensions
As soon as a ref shows bais, there is no more room for him anymore in NBA offciating. Wanting to fight a player is totally unacceptable. There was a ref quite some years ago that was considered a top official in the league, but he was fired because of the way he refed Clyde Drexler. He isn't being treated like dirt, he's getting what he deserves.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:09 AM   #48
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Oh come on... Duncan was laughing at a call from the bench. Players can't laugh at bad calls now? He called him a "piece of ****" after he was ejected by the way. Crawford asked him if he wanted to fight... Crawford gets away at threatening players with physical abuse now?

How many players do you see laughing this blatantly at calls? How many of those have already gotten T'd up due to their conduct towards the refs? How many of those have a history of whining and moaning?
What kind of nonsense is that, Crawford "threatening players with physical abuse?" You are aware of the fact that "fight" is ambiguous and JC obviously did not mean it physically.

I understand JC is the scapegoat and Duncan th golden boy of the league, but to not blame Duncan for anything?
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:12 AM   #49
ballahollic
I airball my layups

ballahollic has an OK reputation so far

He got ejected and fined.....he did get blamed.

Facts are facts. Players sell the league, not 80 year old pigeons.
ballahollic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:23 AM   #50
AKA AAP
Banned

AKA AAP has no real reputation yet.

It's impossible to know whether the punishment was too much. First, you would need to know how long Crawford was under contract for...or how many more years he planned on being an NBA ref. Stern probably knew Crawford was going to be done soon anyways. Saying he may be done "forever" is more of a way of threatening other refs that he'll come down on them really hard.
AKA AAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:49 AM   #51
AveryIsGod
I brick open layups

AveryIsGod has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
As soon as a ref shows bais, there is no more room for him anymore in NBA offciating. Wanting to fight a player is totally unacceptable. There was a ref quite some years ago that was considered a top official in the league, but he was fired because of the way he refed Clyde Drexler. He isn't being treated like dirt, he's getting what he deserves.

Then every ref that refereed in the Jordan era should never ref again because there was a bias towards him, albeit a more positive one. Go look at footage of Jardan playing and he gets away with numerous violations that others get called for. I ref soccer games so I kind of know what the NBA refs feel like in terms of pressure and it sucks. You have a lot to watch and tough games are always a stress. When a player repeatedly questions your authority eventually you need to take action. That is what JC did. Now he did go overboard but I can see why he threw out Duncan. I like Duncan but he has gotten very arrogant when he plays and the way he thinks he should be officiated. Eventually you will have a ref that won't take his crap and in this case JC wouldn't take his crap. Unfortunately I think Stern took the "You wanna fight?" Out of context. Plus if Duncan thinks JC already has a grudge then he is more inclined to disrespect refs. Overall both Duncan and JC need to be suspended. Duncan for one game for lack of respect for the officials opf the game and JC for maybe a couple games at most for losing his cool. But what Duncan did during the Mavs game was absolutelt disgusting and his lack of respect appalls me. I like Duncan as a player but it is time someone put Duncan in his place for his incessant whining and lack of respect and JC did just that.
AveryIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:01 AM   #52
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

a moment of rough acts??? was he a good ref before that incident?
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: