Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 07-03-2006, 05:33 AM   #31
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Trade Camby and start Nene at center. Would be a damn good team if you landed a SG who can actually freakin' shoot.

C: Nene
PF: K-Mart
SF: Melo
SG: All-star SG (Joe Johnson or Michael Redd in dream lands)
PG: Andre Miller

With Speedy Claxton, Najera, Reggie Evans, and spare change backing them up.
Very solid team. Young/youngish, can grow together.

Potentially solid signing if Nene can stay off crutches.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:43 AM   #32
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.
Smile Be caught in the act...see what she says

Damn. Nene got a huge payday based on potential. I hope he tears the ACL again and just sits home injured getting paid. What a fcuking lucky bastard.

Denver management on the other hand must feel like assclowns.

Quote:
Camby to the Kings!!!

Work your magic Petrie.
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:44 AM   #33
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Rediculous. I wish I was 7 foot tall.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 06:11 AM   #34
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Nene still needs to prove his mettle for one full season, otherwise he'll stay a bag full of hearsay talent all his life. At least he has his contract now, what more does he want.

And yes, I also think that Camby will be moved. He's worth quite a bit right now, so best trade him now while he's hot.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 06:33 AM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

In 2yrs Denver will be trying to unload the DEAL thier dumbasses gave him. Watch. I love when teams overpay for a player then 2-3yrs in the deal begin the process of searching for takers. Look how Rasho ended up. Spurs were begging teams to take him and his deal.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 06:47 AM   #36
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

The contract's not bad for a young, healthy big man. It will only start at like 8 million a year, and if Nene improves he'll be worth the 12-13 million he makes at the end of the contract.

The problem is that Nene's been hurt two of the last three years. It's quite a leap of faith to invest so much cap space in someone with that history.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 06:55 AM   #37
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPower
The contract's not bad for a young, healthy big man. It will only start at like 8 million a year, and if Nene improves he'll be worth the 12-13 million he makes at the end of the contract.

The problem is that Nene's been hurt two of the last three years. It's quite a leap of faith to invest so much cap space in someone with that history.

Who cares how it starts the contract is GURANTEED. He doesnt play up to it and they are trying to unload a deal that is backloaded per year. Ridiculous.

He better avg 18 & 10 next season. Healthy young big gurantees $10mil over the next 6yrs? Wow. Denver better be hoping they guessed right.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:22 AM   #38
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

He's talented no doubt, but they overpaid. If someone else wants to overpay do what Chicago did with Curry, trade him and let them have the bad contract for years. Dont do what Chicago did with Chandler and keep it yourself.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:49 AM   #39
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

I don't think Nene's EVER going to be worth $12-13 million. Probably not ten.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:43 PM   #40
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

I'm going to side with the minority here... I think Nene can be worth this contract.

IMO he is alot more talented than guys like CHandler and Dalembert. He is a BIG 7 feet tall but has incredible agility and good athleticism.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:46 PM   #41
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
:shrug at the Nene bashing... I think he will be worth his contract and more.

Worth his contract and more? He's an athlete before a basketball player that contributes more because of freakish strength and athleticism than skills, and even with that combination was never dominant. He doesnt really block shots, is not a monster on the boards and doesn't seem to have the Amare-like attitude of I'm going to jump over or through anybody in my way. Now this man is coming off an injury that cost him the whole year and could very well not have all of that athleticism anymore. And you say he will not only be worth 6 years 60 mil, but worth more than that? Can I just ask you why?

-----------------------------------

From the Ben Wallace thread, I felt that it deserved to be here.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:02 PM   #42
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
Worth his contract and more? He's an athlete before a basketball player that contributes more because of freakish strength and athleticism than skills, and even with that combination was never dominant. He doesnt really block shots, is not a monster on the boards and doesn't seem to have the Amare-like attitude of I'm going to jump over or through anybody in my way. Now this man is coming off an injury that cost him the whole year and could very well not have all of that athleticism anymore. And you say he will not only be worth 6 years 60 mil, but worth more than that? Can I just ask you why?

-----------------------------------

From the Ben Wallace thread, I felt that it deserved to be here.

Everything you say is true (from a glass half empty viewpoint)... but I'm looking half full on this one . :)
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:03 PM   #43
jody
High school junior varsity star

jody has an OK reputation so far

ah, to be seven feet tall and black. the money just falls at your feet.

they should have a new entry in the dictionary:

upside, noun. 1) seven feet tall and black
jody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:09 PM   #44
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

As a Denver fan I too think its too much, considering his injuries. However, it is assumed that the Nugz are placing incentives in the contract sorta like Camby's deal. Where pretty much he's getting 8mil a year guaranteed.

Nene averaged 11 and 6 his first year in 28 minutes, 12 and 7 in 32 minutes his 2nd year both pretty much full years. Pretty solid numbers

If he can get 15-17 and 8-9 in the 35 or so minutes he should be getting this season to go along with his aggressive D. Then he's worth the money.

And its not like Nene is some shy kid like Iggy that you've got to motivate to produce, he wants to be a star, has compared himself to Malone, wants the ball dumped down to him in the paint, and is aggressive when he gets it.

The only thing people in Denver truly worry about is if he can stay healthy. I feel he can definately up his points and rebounding with the minutes though. When he started in 04/05 he averaged like 17 and 8 and the Nugz won most of those games. He's not a total project.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:14 PM   #45
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

How many gmaes or what games has Nene shown flashes of what he could do for a career?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: